Page 117 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 3110
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

You can see the lines of the cape in the picture.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You can see the lines of the cape in the picture.
    Was that line for the cape?aww!!!..
    They seriously need to rethink the cape is my opinion.It's just so flying savior-y/brick.The lean body actually reduces that feel...but still.Astroboy doesn't wear a cape nor does the iron giant.The giant s for superman on the chest is all that superman needs.

Jon clearly doesn't have the 30's circus strongman and pulp fiction vibe that clark does(atleast some artists draw him with).So the cape that's more zorro and was used for making movements of leaping/running more dynamic by shuster isn't much needed.Jon's lean body is enough and the print media is way more advanced.

I would say if a cape is a must ,Something different that works with lean body would be appreciated.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

That actually makes a shocking amount of sense.

Think about it: Dick and Wally have both taken on the roles of their mentors in a similar fashion to what Jon now faces. These were also some of the first child heroes who grew up into the hero work, and had to find a way to find a balance for their very strange lives.

They're kind of the two perfect people to talk to Jon at this tender time in his career.

Good on Taylor for seeing the parallels.
    It's not a hard one to see. In something I'm working on for fun, they're who I have Jon talk to about legacy insofar as they're the two career paths for it for up and coming heroes. You either become your own thing (Dick) or fulfill the sidekick promise and become the mantle (Wally). I normally try not to be that guy, but this one is in size 500 bold font. I imagine anyone writing about Jon embracing his role would have Dick and Wally be his go-tos assuming they're on the table. If I had that idea, I know it has to be obvious.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's not a hard one to see. In something I'm working on for fun, they're who I have Jon talk to about legacy insofar as they're the two career paths for it for up and coming heroes. You either become your own thing (Dick) or fulfill the sidekick promise and become the mantle (Wally). I normally try not to be that guy, but this one is in size 500 bold font. I imagine anyone writing about Jon embracing his role would have Dick and Wally be his go-tos assuming they're on the table. If I had that idea, I know it has to be obvious.
    It's certainly obvious when it hits, but as a very first thought? I don't think it's crazy obvious given how the DCU normally operates. Normally such a conversation would be had with like Kara or something exclusively because the DCU normally likes to keep things "in the family" (unless Bruce is involved) when discussing character building moments and ideas like that. But I know myself and others have made the parallels to Wally and Dick (Wally in particular because Jon's more powerful than Clark).

I praise Taylor because it really does take his brand of unashamed fan service mentality to go for this.

As an aside: his fan service mentality also means he knows exactly how to gut a fan's heart, and that's why fans find his deaths and heel turns just as effective as his meme-y heart warming moments.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

DC doesn’t really do much with the “families” outside of the Batfamily. We still haven’t gotten “all” of the Superfamily meeting, Jurgens team up was missing Conner and Bendis’ team up was missing Kenan and the Steels. Honestly editorial be more willing to have Jon talk to a Batcharacter (and Wally) than Jon talking to a fellow member of the Superfamily wouldn’t surprise me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DC doesn’t really do much with the “families” outside of the Batfamily. We still haven’t gotten “all” of the Superfamily meeting, Jurgens team up was missing Conner and Bendis’ team up was missing Kenan and the Steels. Honestly editorial be more willing to have Jon talk to a Batcharacter (and Wally) than Jon talking to a fellow member of the Superfamily wouldn’t surprise me.
    In some situations, yeah, but I think for a story relevant idea like this you're normally either having Jon talk to someone like Kara or exclusively a Bat character.

Edit: Or it's a conversation with a current hot character that they're trying to promote (which, in a sense, is technically what's still happening here)

Adding in Wally based off his actual DCU story relevance is not common.

It's like when fans go "man, I'd love for character X to talk to character Y because of stories A and B being similar in theme." Yeah, the themes are similar, and since it's a shared universe they should logically meet, but due to the fact that these days with IP farming being so key, editors are likely nudging creators to keep big moments like that "local" to allow for smooth adaptation, it hardly happens outside of a Batman character or, more often, Batman himself.

But Taylor seems to be juggling things in a way where he's creating a self sustaining supporting cast for Jon while also reaching out to the greater DCU in a way that makes sense.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-15-2021 at 09:29 AM.

The fill-in will be for next month's issue where the farmhouse is blown up. Damn I could get used to the book looking like this.

The fill-in will be for next month's issue where the farmhouse is blown up. Damn I could get used to the book looking like this.

I like that Taylor is addressing Jon’s childhood that we likely didn’t get to see, especially with Ma and Pa Kent.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

Smile

Little Jon is very cute ,clark trying to feed jon is very sweet

Jon looks like a monkey.

Extraordinary Member

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Higher quality version

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #6

Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art and cover by JOHN TIMMS
    Variant cover by INHYUK LEE
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 12/14/21
    Superman has recovered from the devastating attack against him. After the life-changing events of issue #5, Jon Kent and his new ally Jay Nakamura are ready to strike back. They are on a collision course with the type of power that is used to swatting problems out of the way. But Superman is not so easily swatted!

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Looks like Jon is releasing a mini solar flare on that cover. If so I’m glad to see that power come back, especially since he’s had issues controlling it before. He seems to be releasing electrical energy as well, but that could simply be Timms adding a cool effect. Unless Jay has electricity-based powers as suggested by the issue 5 cover and he merges his powers with Jon?

It looks like Jon will temporarily be down for the count too. I can’t believe that I didn’t notice this earlier, but the cover to issue 5 is an homage to Death of Superman lol

I can't believe i took it for granted.The greatest ship superman ip has, ain't clois,clana,superbat or superwonder.It's clark kent with glasses x superman
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-17-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Ha! Is the idea that Jon unironically gets a literal boost in power after coming out?

That's dopey in a cute way, but Taylor's really going to have to make issue #5 sing for something potentially like that to work. Conceptually it could work really well especially with the homage to Death of Superman, but Jon coming out as queer would then be a "rebirth". And in terms of a stand-alone story (as in this whole arc) it follows the rise, fall, and rebirth of the hero.

And if PKJ's words about how Jon's powers are more nuanced than Clark's then he could have control over the solar flare in a way that Clark never had, and we could see it used in potentially interesting ways.