Page 196 of 208 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3110

Personally I think its at least a tacit admission that they made a mistake in regards to how Superman was utilized, if nothing else. Making Jon the epicenter of things from a promotional pov, giving him Metropolis, giving him the bells and whistles instead of Clark, that's where I think they're finally realizing (why it needed to be realized, I'll never know), that they screwed up. Hence the big news centering around Superman, being home and being top dog. Obviously they're still calling Jon Superman too, they're not budging off that, but the huge changes directionally suggest they on some level realizing the first initiative wasn't working, or at least not working to the level they might have thought.

As far as Taylor, I do think he embellishes. I'm not some CG believer that the book somehow was the worst selling title in the whole line, we know for absolute fact it's not. But from the metrics we are privvy to these days it doesn't look like it was a top ten book either. But after the Diamond exit, I would be remiss to not at least admit that we can't really know for absolute certain down to the exact.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-10-2022 at 02:57 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Mighty Member

Taylor on the cancellation of SSOKE
    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...30875217534978

No. Definitely not cancelled. It’s just morphing into Adventures. We could have stayed with Son of Kal-El, but we wanted Jon to have his own name in his series as his own Superman. And we saw an opportunity to bring Adventures of Superman back alongside ‘Action’ and ‘Superman’.
    The first Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent is 6 issues for a reason. And it’s a cool reason. Sorry I have to be so cryptic. But Jon is going nowhere (except for some mind-blowing places in Adventures). He’s a Superman now and we have big plans for him.

See I believe this is that embellishment on display. You can see how defensive he gets. No one said the character is going anywhere. No one's reporting anything that NYCC didn't confirm. No one's said or acted as if they're removing the character entirely or anything to that degree.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-10-2022 at 03:54 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    God, I can feel his insecurity through the screen.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    See I believe this is that embellishment on display. You can see how defensive he gets. No one said the character is going anywhere. No one's reporting anything that NYCC didn't confirm. No one's said or acted as if they're removing the character entirely or anything to that degree.
    Taylor is a bit defensive but the 'He's not going anywhere' was most likely a response to comments in his Twitter feed and the rest of social media, that have been saying that after the 6-issue mini Jon is going to be sidelined.

Spectacular Member

Could the reason be he’s getting deaged? (This is a semi-joke ‘cause I know DC is refusing to bring back kid Jon)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Taylor, I like you, but take the L.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Personally I think its at least a tacit admission that they made a mistake in regards to how Superman was utilized, if nothing else. Making Jon the epicenter of things from a promotional pov, giving him Metropolis, giving him the bells and whistles instead of Clark, that's where I think they're finally realizing (why it needed to be realized, I'll never know), that they screwed up. Hence the big news centering around Superman, being home and being top dog. Obviously they're still calling Jon Superman too, they're not budging off that, but the huge changes directionally suggest they on some level realizing the first initiative wasn't working, or at least not working to the level they might have thought.

As far as Taylor, I do think he embellishes. I'm not some CG believer that the book somehow was the worst selling title in the whole line, we know for absolute fact it's not. But from the metrics we are privvy to these days it doesn't look like it was a top ten book either. But after the Diamond exit, I would be remiss to not at least admit that we can't really know for absolute certain down to the exact.
    Especially after they tried so hard to make him a clone of his dad to the point they gave Jay Nakamura purple eyes, just like Lois.

I mean come on.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Especially after they tried so hard to make him a clone of his dad to the point they gave Jay Nakamura purple eyes, just like Lois.

I mean come on.
    He was intended to be a "modernization of Superman".......... wait thats basically admitting yes he is supposed to be a like his father.

Man that statement becomes even stupider the more you think about it

I'm just stuck on the "he's not supposed to be a white savior like his father" thing while arguably making him an even bigger "white savior" XD

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't think making jon superman was a mistake at all.The writing is bland.That is all.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm just stuck on the "he's not supposed to be a white savior like his father" thing while arguably making him an even bigger "white savior" XD
    Well, I guess you're just a 4chan troll if you think that if the newer issue is anything to go by
    1665491235186137.jpg

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't think making jon superman was a mistake at all.The writing is bland.That is all.
    aging him up was the biggest mistake and the stench of bendis will always linger on everything he touches

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Well, I guess you're just a 4chan troll if you think that if the newer issue is anything to go by
    1665491235186137.jpg
    Well, it's not as laughably heavy handed as the other examples of social commentary in this book (looking at you, "thoughts and prayers" bullets)

I'll give it that lol

I genuinely liked that moment where Jon apologized to the guy whose arm he accidentally broke back in issue 4 or 5. Genuinely just a nice moment.

Also like how Jon ticks off Lex, because he refuses to act like how his father would around him.

Speaking of his father, yes my favorite moment is where Jon reunited with his dad. It was sweet.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.