Page 101 of 208 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    When this comic sells well…and it will…it will finally teach certain people in this forum that online is not real life
    The only way to get us to shut up is to de-age Jon Kent. It could not be any more simple 😘

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Conversely, if it bombs or otherwise performs below average which I think is far more likely, it'll hopefully teach those in charge of DC a lesson, not that I'll hold my breath as they seem incapable of learning anything (as recent history clearly demonstrates).
    Don’t hold your breath

Conversely, if it bombs or otherwise performs below average which I think is far more likely, it'll hopefully teach those in charge of DC a lesson, not that I'll hold my breath as they seem incapable of learning anything (as recent history clearly demonstrates).
    The first issue sold out and went to a second printing. We’ll see how the second issue is recieved. Plus if the rumors are true that may either boost or tank the sales depending on how people respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    The only way to get us to shut up is to de-age Jon Kent. It could not be any more simple ��
    I think it’s patently obvious at this point that there’s no going back to the Tomasi era, and DC is (maybe) making a commitment to ensure no one can roll back the clocks.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah I don't see this book ever underperforming. That's not enough for me to give up, though. Crazier **** has happened in my favor before when it comes to these characters. Even if it takes a long time or it happens in a way that's not ideal. That's the magic of hope, patience, and stubbornness

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think it’s patently obvious at this point that there’s no going back to the Tomasi era, and DC is (maybe) making a commitment to ensure no one can roll back the clocks.
    Wasn't Doc Ock supposed to stay as Spider-Man?

Yep and the New 52 was supposed to be the permanent new status quo. Time passes. **** happens. Things change. I like hoping for change.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah I don't see this book ever underperforming. That's not enough for me to give up, though. Crazier **** has happened in my favor before when it comes to these characters. Even if it takes a long time or it happens in a way that's not ideal. That's the magic of hope, patience, and stubbornness
    What's DC's definition of underperforming? Because I think a first issue of a bold new era written by one of their hottest writers only selling 54k is an underperformance.

No lol. Slott told Stan Lee and Andrew Garfield that Peter would return one day, probably just in time for ASM2 *wink wink*. He pretended Spock was permanent with everyone else though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yep and the New 52 was supposed to be the permanent new status quo. Time passes. **** happens. Things change. I like hoping for change.
    Now that’s a valid point since it was indeed meant to be the status quo going forward. However this is a different case. It all depends on if the rumors about Jon’s sexuality change are true. You can’t make a big deal about the new Superman being queer and then send him back to being a kid where he can’t represent anymore. So if it actually happens I do not see Jon ever getting deaged.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

What's DC's definition of underperforming? Because I think a first issue of a bold new era written by one of their hottest writers only selling 54k is an underperformance.
    BTW nice Eddie Kingston avatar, got to love the "Mad King".
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

DC would get a lot more attention if they made Jon come out as queer as a kid. I'm saying this as a gay man, but queer teens are a dime a dozen. A queer kid, though? A true diamond in the rough.

BTW nice Eddie Kingston avatar, got to love the "Mad King".
    Thanks man. He quickly became one of my favs when I first laid eyes on him.

Doc Ock was Spiderman when was this!?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Doc Ock was Spiderman when was this!?
    "Superior Spider-Man" starting in Amazing #700 (legacy numbering). IMO, it was a great story that fell apart a bit towards the ending which had to be rushed for editorial reasons.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

According to garreza’s world

People stopped buying IMMEDIATELY after its second printing

Which is patently false

"Superior Spider-Man" starting in Amazing #700 (legacy numbering). IMO, it was a great story that fell apart a bit towards the ending which had to be rushed for editorial reasons.
    Where was Peter? **** now I'm curious.... I might have to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    According to garreza’s world

People stopped buying IMMEDIATELY after its second printing

Which is patently false
    Why do you care about his world he ain't bothering nobody?