Page 113 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3110
    Spectacular Member

I think you guys are overthinking it

Just like Jay Nakamura is a stand-in for 5G Damian

Damian himself will likely be a stand in for 5G Luke fox(now jace fox)

I am certain that jace will exist in his own little universe and won’t be too important to future DC plans with Jon and Yara

And if he ever meets a Superman that clicks with him…it will be a mainline Val-Zod

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I could see the traditional Superman/Batman dynamic being broken in two.

With Damian, Jon is the World’s Finest. They’re like brothers, they bicker and fight but always have each others backs and they trust each other.

With Jace you get the more antagonistic Superman/Batman relationship where the two don’t like each other, don’t trust each other, and watch each other warily.
    Honestly makes sense for Jon not to truly trust/Jace too (yes even though I said they had some stuff in common). Considering that Bruce is his father’s friend, was there at his birth, is the father of Jon’s best friend, and I’m pretty sure Jon has met some of the batfamily at least, I’m thinking at least Dick and Alfred.

Then here comes this guy he doesn’t know on any level that suddenly is wearing the uniform of someone he has close ties too and who is not connected in anyway to people he knows and trusts. Really it could go either way when they first meet.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly makes sense for Jon not to truly trust/Jace too (yes even though I said they had some stuff in common). Considering that Bruce is his father’s friend, was there at his birth, is the father of Jon’s best friend, and I’m pretty sure Jon has met some of the batfamily at least, I’m thinking at least Dick and Alfred.

Then here comes this guy he doesn’t know on any level that suddenly is wearing the uniform of someone he has close ties too and who is not connected in anyway to people he knows and trusts. Really it could go either way when they first meet.
    Jace and Jon could bond over their quest to redefine superhero symbols for themselves and for the people, like Superlad suggests. Or Jace could view Jon “inheriting” Clark’s role as a case of nepotism and see Jon as complicit in Clark’s failures. Or Taylor will just write the typical World’s Finest relationship because he’s a bore.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jace and Jon could bond over their quest to redefine superhero symbols for themselves and for the people, like Superlad suggests. Or Jace could view Jon “inheriting” Clark’s role as a case of nepotism and see Jon as complicit in Clark’s failures. Or Taylor will just write the typical World’s Finest relationship because he’s a bore.
    Yeah genuinely a lot of ways this could go, the only thing really defining any of this is that one is superman and one is Batman and at some point the two will converge because comics.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    I think you guys are overthinking it

Just like Jay Nakamura is a stand-in for 5G Damian

Damian himself will likely be a stand in for 5G Luke fox(now jace fox)

I am certain that jace will exist in his own little universe and won’t be too important to future DC plans with Jon and Yara

And if he ever meets a Superman that clicks with him…it will be a mainline Val-Zod
    This guy was pretty wrong on every level.

If it does would you admit it’s a success? It’s fine to not want SSOKE to succeed, I myself have mixed feelings about Taylor’s success and what it means, but it’s clearly doing well. Super Sons never even scratched the top 5 during its run, yet you wouldn’t call that a failure. It’s doing well man, might not stay that way of course, there’s no telling how people will react to Jon coming out when/if that happens, but right now Jon is succeeding.

Just wish Action was doing better but oh well.

As a Morrison fanboy myself, Moz doesn’t get big sales anymore alas. Their GL run’s sales showed that their star power has faded, although I am happy that S&tA is getting positive buzz. The real success is Jon beating Damian and Tec, Batbooks, since that’s the barometer for success across the industry nowadays.
    What the heck are you talking about?

Supersons did crack the top 5. Robin #1debuted at no 7 while SOK #1 debuted at no 34 bearing in mind that the no 1 book in the week Robin 1 debuted sold almost 700K

Damian beat John even with the heavy promo that Taylors book got. You need to check your facts and figures before you comment

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Supersons did crack the top 5. Robin #1debuted at no 7 while SOK #1 debuted at no 34 bearing in mind that the no 1 book in the week Robin 1 debuted sold almost 700K

Damian beat John even with the heavy promo that Taylors book got. You need to check your facts and figures before you comment
    You are really comparing a superproperty to a batproperty.How is that even fair?Clark kent superman himself won't be able to sell 700k. At this point,nobody cares about their properties.DC has done nothing to make people care.Ofcourse i view superman sok as rebranding the superverse.It also allows slowly build it as well.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post

Wow 700k is a lot, congratulations to for everyone involved for this but that doesn't take away the merit that SOK sold almost 70k , for a superbook this is very good

Astonishing Member

Does all of that really matter? Book has pretty good numbers, that's the most important thing. Probably not the best news for kid Jon fans and his haters, but it is what it is.

@Vordan was the one making comparisons. How did all of you miss that?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Does all of that really matter? Book has pretty good numbers, that's the most important thing. Probably not the best news for kid Jon fans and his haters, but it is what it is.
    It matters and it sucks.it shows where superman brand truly stands.Superman should be competing with batman and kicking his ass all over the place in terms of sales(and maybe in story too).But,at this point that's not really possible.The character needs atleast a decade or maybe even two of content that is viewed as quality to the point it becomes cult classics in every media.Build the brand again,you know.Start slow first beat a locomotive.Then a bullet.so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    @Vordan was the one making comparisons. How did all of you miss that?
    We didn't miss @fergus missed simple fact that @vordan was saying selling more than the batbooks released on the same day/week is a sign that the book is succeeding.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-01-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Superman fan's constant inferiority complex with Batman (in a niche market of direct market comic sales) is one of the funnier things in this fandom. That and the way any and all developments with the property are viewed as negative.

Superman gets another TV series, it's critically acclaimed, has millions of viewers each week - it sucks cause it's on the CW and should be on HBO Max (which likely has a smaller viewer base)
    Superman gets a cartoon - It sucks cause it's actually geared toward kids/girls and not like Batman's self serious show.
    Superman has like 6 books coming out a month - Batman has 8.
    Superman has a movie in the works - which is likely going to be a prestige take on the character - It's awful cause it's gonna be a different take on the character.

Why does WB's hate Superman so much that they green light like 8 projects.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It matters and it sucks.it shows where superman brand truly stands.Superman should be competing with batman and kicking his ass all over the place in terms of sales(and maybe in story too).But,at this point that's not really possible.The character needs atleast a decade or maybe even two of content that is viewed as quality to the point it becomes cult classics in every media.Build the brand again,you know.Start slow first beat a locomotive.Then a bullet.so on and so forth.
    Well, that's the reality, Batman brand currently is bigger. So what? It's not like we can do anything about it. I would like to see Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and Green Arrown on the same level, but unfortunately it's not how it works.
    Doesn't change the fact that it's actually one of the best period for Superman in years, lol.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 09-01-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Superman fan's constant inferiority complex with Batman (in a niche market of direct market comic sales) is one of the funnier things in this fandom. That and the way any and all developments with the property are viewed as negative.

Superman gets another TV series, it's critically acclaimed, has millions of viewers each week - it sucks cause it's on the CW and should be on HBO Max (which likely has a smaller viewer base)
    Superman gets a cartoon - It sucks cause it's actually geared toward kids/girls and not like Batman's self serious show.
    Superman has like 6 books coming out a month - Batman has 8.
    Superman has a movie in the works - which is likely going to be a prestige take on the character - It's awful cause it's gonna be a different take on the character.

Why does WB's hate Superman so much that they green light like 8 projects.
    i am not a superman fan at all.I tend to think superman is milquetoast and i am not into prince charming/whiteknight characters.I like jon.but,I do want jon superman to beat batman in the niche market(any market) with quality books and runs that appeals to the market.

that's what i said,slowly build back brand.since we are on that subject.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-01-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Flipping through the most recent copy of DC Connect, it’s nearly all Bat related books. There’s little to no Superman until the back pages where the books don’t even get their own single page preview. Having said that though, I am in the camp that this is a pretty good time for Superman comics. Just gotta know our place I guess. After a while it does get comical but it is the reality, plain and simple. No sense in banging our heads about it because it is what it is.

All we can do is be like the Dude and abide.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog