Page 114 of 208 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3110
    All-New Member

For those who care ICv2 released their top 50 rankings for comics sell through to consumers:
    https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...cs-august-2021

Of course there are not definitive and this is a relatively small sample size for stores and what they are selling but it does provide some general idea of the state of things. Unfortunately, but not unexpectedly, no Superman comics appear in their rankings except for Justice League. Considering they only had SSoKE at #34 last month and the expected drop for second issues it is not too surprising to see it fall off the tracking entirely but still worth noting.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oddish1 View Post
    For those who care ICv2 released their top 50 rankings for comics sell through to consumers:

Of course there are not definitive and this is a relatively small sample size for stores and what they are selling but it does provide some general idea of the state of things. Unfortunately, but not unexpectedly, no Superman comics appear in their rankings except for Justice League. Considering they only had SSoKE at #34 last month and the expected drop for second issues it is not too surprising to see it fall off the tracking entirely but still worth noting.
    That's too bad... really
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Batman 89 is the no. 2 book over the real Batman title? That seems a little suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    What the heck are you talking about?

Supersons did crack the top 5. Robin #1debuted at no 7 while SOK #1 debuted at no 34 bearing in mind that the no 1 book in the week Robin 1 debuted sold almost 700K

Damian beat John even with the heavy promo that Taylors book got. You need to check your facts and figures before you comment
    Chill out mate, I meant the follow up series, Adventures and Challenge. But since you bring it up here’s what was said about Super Sons debut:
    5 - SUPER SONS ($2.99)
    02/2017: Super Sons #1 -- 99,380
    Returnable, so adjusted up 10% from what the Diamond-reported numbers.

The other big debut this month, Super Sons, starring the sons of Superman and Batman (Jon “Superboy” Kent and Damien “Robin” Wayne) comes in just shy of 100K once returnability is factored in. It’s a good debut, but recall that Supergirl, Superwoman, and New Super-Man all debuted even higher, and now they’re not doing so hot. So we’ll take a wait-and-see on this before declaring Super Sons a runaway success (though a second printing of the first issue in March is a good sign).
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...he-super-sons/

So it debuted lower than other titles did while still getting a second printing. In other words SS and SSOKE are in similar situations in different time periods. SS benefitted from a linewide relaunch which SSOKE did not. We shall see how SSOKE does long term.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-01-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I'd like to say that I've never read DC and I came bc of this title and I love it!!!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    I'd like to say that I've never read DC and I came bc of this title and I love it!!!
    welcome bro . I'm happy you're enjoying it and you're here with us

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oddish1 View Post

This is not good ..

Every issue is someone's first. Enjoy!

Welcome,hope you enjoy the title..

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Chill out mate, I meant the follow up series, Adventures and Challenge. But since you bring it up here’s what was said about Super Sons debut:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...he-super-sons/

So it debuted lower than other titles did while still getting a second printing. In other words SS and SSOKE are in similar situations in different time periods. SS benefitted from a linewide relaunch which SSOKE did not. We shall see how SSOKE does long term.
    My dude just stop. Now you are moving the goal post. You said that supersons never cracked the top 5 That was incorrect it did

You said that SOK beat Damian it did not
    You said that SOK beat Rec it did not
    You said SOK beat bar books I don't know which bat books you are talking about since it didn't beat Taylors 1st issue of nigtwing

Not sure why you have to compare or diss other titles to enjoy the books we are getting
    Last edited by dietrich; 09-02-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    My dude just stop. Now you are moving the goal post. You said that supersons never cracked the top 5 That was incorrect it did

You said that SOK beat Damian it did not
    You said that SOK beat Rec it did not
    You said SOK beat bar books I don't know which bat books you are talking about since it didn't beat Taylors 1st issue of nigtwing

Not sure why you have to compare or diss other titles to enjoy the books we are getting
    It beat Robin and Tec on the ComiXology list dude, actually pay attention to what we are talking about. This whole discussion started off about Jon being the number 1 book on ComiXology for the week:
    Well while we’re on the subject of sales again, Jon’s at number 1 for the week on ComiXology.
    Next time you and Fergus should actually try to look about what we were talking about before flipping out. I was discussing digital sales and always had been.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-02-2021 at 10:12 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Anyone else remember an interview where Taylor mentioned that Jon would be overthrowing a dictator? I'm sure I didn't imagine it because it was part of Taylor listing off the things that would get people worried about Jon's actions. If anyone remembers the interview please link it.

I'm guessing that dictator will be Bendix, and that's pretty fascinating because it means Jon likely isn't going to have a Post-Crisis Lex style cold war with Bendix. He's going to just flat out unseat him from his position of power. That'll clearly have greater ramifications because Bendix's nation is apparently rich with resources and influence because of that, and that will not go unmissed after his unseating.

It's now just occurring to me that Bendix is basically Jon's Glenmorgan (from Morrison's Action Comics). When Clark took down Glenmorgan it created a vacuum that would eventually be filled by Lex. And now that I say it out loud, holy sh!t, Lex was the one who helped Clark along and aimed him like an unstoppable bullet at Glenmorgan via information and tips. It was the New 52's version of Clark and Lex being friends when they were younger. This is potentially similar to Jon and Jay being friend (and maybe something more) while Jay informs and aims Jon at Bendix. Icarus (Lex's alter ego that he used to be Clark's informant in the New 52) is similar to Jay and his alter ego and network, The Truth.

This parallel, plus the 5G Damian idea, and Bendix no longer being in power of the island nation really does make me think that Jay's gonna go bad (more like anti-hero extremist) and break our boy's heart one way or another. Damn, poor Jon.

Also worth pointing out that if Taylor's intent on having Jon as Superman tackle real issues by using DCU stand-ins for the issues then that gives him a lot more runway to work with. This basically makes Superman's villains go from aliens, monsters, and smart dudes that are bad, to fictionalized versions of real issues (or the general idea of real issues) that personified by a face to punch. It's basically what Ellis and Millar did with The Authority at points. They fought terrorist from other nations...but they were fictional, had eye beams, and mainly gestured at the general idea of terrorist without saying "this is the REAL complex issue we're talking about".

Taylor also said that we'd be seeing classic foes as well as new ones, so does he just have Jon stop to fight some normal Superman crime for an issue or two? I feel like no. I wanna say that he has those classic foes sort of "change with the times". Other countries renting out Kryptonite Man or Metallo because they don't want their dictatorships to be unseated by a Superman who's clearly willing to do so. Assassination attempts! What does Atlantis respond with? I remember in Taylor's Injustice, Atlantis' brash response and Superman's response to that response was one of my favorite moments. What about freakin Black Adam? He's Justice League now, and Jon may be too. That's a new kind of friction. Or it's a new kind of friendship? Maybe Adam thinks Jon has the spin that he feels Clark lacked and he sees him as a potential fellow leader? Again, similar to Injustice.

And, I mean, SolarisHAS TO be tied to the climate change plot point, right? RIGHT? In any case, this really opens up a new sort of way to frame Superman stories. In a general sense, it's similar to how Hickman changed the framing of X-Men to in large part be about fictional geopolitics as cape comics. I hope Taylor really steps on the gas as hard as possible with this!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

It beat Robin and Tec on the ComiXology list dude, actually pay attention to what we are talking about. This whole discussion started off about Jon being the number 1 book on ComiXology for the week:

Next time you and Fergus should actually try to look about what we were talking about before flipping out. I was discussing digital sales and always had been.
    Comic book sales are compared issue to issue SOK#1 v Robin#1 due to the trend of inflated numbers that then stabilize.

https://twitter.com/maxvonpriestley/...682129922?s=21

Very amusing to read the replies to this, especially since Taylor helped contribute to the idea that Superman can’t be anything but useless or he’ll be evil, and now he’s trying to repudiate that with Jon.

https://twitter.com/maxvonpriestley/...682129922?s=21

Very amusing to read the replies to this, especially since Taylor helped contribute to the idea that Superman can’t be anything but useless or he’ll be evil, and now he’s trying to repudiate that with Jon.
    No,dc has always used the slippery slope arguments.