Page 12 of 208 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You know they say failure is the greatest teacher unless you work for DC. They constantly fail yet seemingly never learn anything.
    I really don't understand How Comicbook fans have this "this is edgy" and "this is fun" stark contrasts?it's a story.it can have all sorts emotional beats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The audacity of this cover. smh
    Audacity would be using that cover for clark kent superman who doesn't have any of the beats of that superman who leaped tall buildings.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-21-2021 at 07:57 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s certainly popular, so I guess we’ll see how well he actually sells. His “brand” didn’t improve the sales of Suicide Squad, so he isn’t at that level of peak Scott Snyder/Geoff Johns/Tom King where he can raise a minor book’s sales simply by being on it. But this is a big book, “the” Superman book, so that might help.
    I think it might start big and then start going to selling "decently."

I think if this thing takes the injustice and dceased route with cathartic moments that can actually impact(deaths that last).This thing will have a great story.The thing is taylor can build and kill a cast for jon.He can do whatever.He may even killoff jon at the end of the story.So,these guys can really do stuff.Treat it like an actual story with a start,middle and an end.Rather than being stuck with "You can't do this that or this".That's a plus.But,i am still iffy taylor will write jon like the mainstream clark.I am atleast hoping for some callbacks to tomasi's jon.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think this being relaunched and not just continuing on from the current number will definitely help sales. It's a lot easier to sell people on a brand new #1 with a clear jumping on point than issue 62 or whatever.
    That is also very true. Heh I don’t envy Taylor having to recap all the insanity of Jon’s life to new readers coming on board. Don’t know how you would All-Star it to be honest.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm hoping Jon's years in space get explored. There's a lot of story potential to be tapped into.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it might start big and then start going to selling "decently."
    Taylor needs to hit the ground running given the controversy with Jon. He has to build an entire status quo for him: Friends, LIs, Rogues, his day to day life, all stuff they’ve kinda danced around but haven’t really fleshed out. If he wastes time with nothing happening I can see people dropping off quickly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Very mixed feelings here. Taylor on Superman? Interested. It is aged up Jon? Not interested at all. Damian is showing up? Mildly interesting. Morrison is writing a mini that will lead into this? Very interested. Why couldn't it have been simply a Superman ongoing? Damn it.

I suppose I'm going to wait for reviews.
    I enjoy Taylor’s work but I just can’t support this book. I really dislike older Jon and especially dislike him being called Superman. He’ll just be a more angsty Superman who isn’t confident in his abilities. Who knows. Maybe it will appeal to a younger audience.

Jon has slowly being stealing more and more page time from Clark. Now he just took the whole damn book.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-21-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I enjoy Taylor’s work but I just can’t support this book. I really dislike older Jon and especially dislike him being called Superman. He’ll just be a more angsty Superman who isn’t confident in his abilities. Who knows. Maybe it will appeal to a younger audience.

Jon has slowly being stealing more and more page time from Clark. Now he just took the whole damn book.
    well,superman took the entire action comics for himself.karma,i guess.

Yeah one thing that I need is for Jon to stay in his own book now. I don’t want to see him constantly showing up in Action, that’s Clark’s book and I don’t want him in it. For father-son time Clark can show up in SoK since I’m sure Taylor wants to use him (ugh).

That is also very true. Heh I don’t envy Taylor having to recap all the insanity of Jon’s life to new readers coming on board. Don’t know how you would All-Star it to be honest.
    He probably shouldn't? At least in the first year. Just established him, his setting and supporting cast and maybe at some later point revisit stuff from his past.

Yeah one thing that I need is for Jon to stay in his own book now. I don’t want to see him constantly showing up in Action, that’s Clark’s book and I don’t want him in it. For father-son time Clark can show up in SoK since I’m sure Taylor wants to use him (ugh).
    Yeah, they definitely should do all the character development in SoK.

He’s certainly popular, so I guess we’ll see how well he actually sells. His “brand” didn’t improve the sales of Suicide Squad, so he isn’t at that level of peak Scott Snyder/Geoff Johns/Tom King where he can raise a minor book’s sales simply by being on it. But this is a big book, “the” Superman book, so that might help.
    I expect the #1 to sell good because I mean, that's what #1's do. I'd be willing to bet that it will outsell Action of that same month. But to me that's all the boost that its going to get. Like you said, not only is Taylor not at the level of those names you mentioned, names don't even carry books anymore anyway. That time is over for at least the time being. It'll be all about content and I've just been to this rodeo before. In general fans are not accepting of someone taking Clark's books. Doesn't matter if its all or even just one. Superman was around and well during New Krypton but fans still rejected it beacuse he was out of the regular books. It got so bad that as we all know the direction had to be significantly shortened and outright reset. I expect this to fare little better, especially since still after all this time the vast majority of fans who do like Jon, don't like this aged up version independently of whether he's being pegged as Superman, Superboy, or whatever. I have a very hard time seeing where support is going to come from as things go on.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify that my quoting you here wasn't intended to come across as telling you things you didn't already know about in regards to history. It was just the jumping off point of my thought.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-21-2021 at 10:47 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

He probably shouldn't? At least in the first year. Just established him, his setting and supporting cast and maybe at some later point revisit stuff from his past.
    They already are.Jon is shown as a kid with damian in a cover.Taylor loves supersons and does write it in a fun manner.You can bet supersons will be back.I also think,dceased is the reason why taylor is getting this book.Oh!boy, i hope jon x mary marvel becomes a reality.......Dceased had it.It would be ironic that another jon and mary creates a dynasty of supermen.Superman being like phantom would cherry on the top.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-21-2021 at 10:40 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Not sure what that Wonder Woman one means exactly, but unless it's something offensive I think yes...?
    The creator of Wonder Woman was really into bondage and submission, and he put it into every issue. WW was getting tied up on every other page. CSBG had an old article about the editors telling him to cut back on the bondage. IRL, he and his wife had a live-in servant who was pretty much their slave girl.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    They already are.Jon is shown as a kid with damian in a cover.Taylor loves supersons and does write it in a fun manner.You can bet supersons will be back.I also think,dceased is the reason why taylor is getting this book.Oh!boy, i hope jon x mary marvel becomes a reality.......Dceased had it.It would be ironic that another jon and mary creates a dynasty of supermen.Superman being like phantom would cherry on the top.
    Super sons is fine and there is nothing crazy about it. I had things like "My birth was outside time and space" and "I was tortured by Ultraman when I was a kid" in mind. I think these should be left aside for now. Thou I guess he'll have to address them somehow to explain why Jon is now older than Damian.

I haven't read DCeased, what is that about Jon and Mary?

Super sons is fine and there is nothing crazy about it. I had things like "My birth was outside time and space" and "I was tortured by Ultraman when I was a kid" in mind. I think these should be left aside for now. Thou I guess he'll have to address them somehow to explain why Jon is now older than Damian.

I haven't read DCeased, what is that about Jon and Mary?
    There is hints to a pairing or maybe not.But,i kinda like it.Damian was paired up in the same issue.So it felt kinda intentional.

Granted, i have'nt kept up with comics in a while.