Page 123 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3110
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    He doesn't have to be gay. I think he's fine being straight.
    Actually I agree with you. But eventually DC will decide and that will be based on sales either way.
    Personally I still prefer Jon to be younger.

So is Jon going to have any "normal" people in his book asides of Lois?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So is Jon going to have any "normal" people in his book asides of Lois?
    Depends on if he’s still going to college even after his secret identity got blown. If he does still go he’ll probably make some new friends there.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Well, Jay's apparently supposed to help him fix his secret identity situation, but not sure how.

I'd hope that Taylor gives Jon some non superhero supporting cast rather than filling the book with super people and his OC team, The Revolutionaries.

I don't need to see him hanging out with like the cast of Friends or getting Triangle era levels of "what's up with Ron and Lucy's marriage", but there's certainly room for some interesting roles for normal humans.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Where are y'all getting fem-gay from Jay? Is it just because of the pink hair? Also where did people get that idea about Bernard? (Tim's Boy toy) He was always such a "bro" in Tim's comics and he dropped more bodies to the ground then Tim did in the urban legends issue.
    Last edited by Journey; 10-04-2021 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Actually I agree with you. But eventually DC will decide and that will be based on sales either way.
    Personally I still prefer Jon to be younger.
    Same but making him Queer would be the most interesting thing done with him since the age up as unfortunate as that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Where are y'all getting fem-gay from Jay? Is it just because of the pink hair? Also where did people get that idea about Bernard? (Tim's Boy toy) He was always such a "bro" in Tim's comics and he dropped more bodies to the ground then Tim did in the urban legends issue.
    It’s definitely in part because of the hair, also him gushing over Lois I guess lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I hope the farm explosion does something exciting.This has become boring.That jail time was a big let down.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I hope the farm explosion does something exciting.This has become boring.That jail time was a big let down.
    When books were coming out 2 times a month, it didn't take long for the stories to move along.
    Now back to monthly and it feels like forever, lol ��I think that if we had 2 issues a month every other month, it would be better.
    Like a total of 18 issues a year of a title.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

When books were coming out 2 times a month, it didn't take long for the stories to move along.
    Now back to monthly and it feels like forever, lol ��I think that if we had 2 issues a month every other month, it would be better.
    The problem has always be writers and artists feeling burned out..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I’d say the trade off is the art but Timms art is just ok so I’d be more than fine if this was doubleshipping. Frankly I think the new characters need double shipping since the market doesn’t give you long to establish them these days.

Gay or bi Jon would be rad.

I'd rather they revert Jon back to being a kid. And if they want to make Jon gay/bi, why not develop those feelings naturally and gradually as he ages?

For that matter, they could have Damian be gay and the two eventually progress from friends into more than friends as they grow up. I'd prefer that kind of character development to just all of a sudden introducing Jay as the love interest, who also happens to be ultra-feminine so that we know he's gay which is just overly cheesy.

Same could be said of the Tim Drake romance. I'm all about him being bisexual, but instead of having this random character be his boyfriend they should have made Tim and Kon be an item. That would have been my preferred Bat/Supes family gay pairing instead of Tim/Some Guy or Jon/Random Stereotypical Gay. Then bring back the World's Finest book with Tim and Kon as the central characters in a professional and romantic partnership. That would have been buzz worthy and probably sell decently.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I'd rather they revert Jon back to being a kid. And if they want to make Jon gay/bi, why not develop those feelings naturally and gradually as he ages?

For that matter, they could have Damian be gay and the two eventually progress from friends into more than friends as they grow up. I'd prefer that kind of character development to just all of a sudden introducing Jay as the love interest, who also happens to be ultra-feminine so that we know he's gay which is just overly cheesy.

Same could be said of the Tim Drake romance. I'm all about him being bisexual, but instead of having this random character be his boyfriend they should have made Tim and Kon be an item. That would have been my preferred Bat/Supes family gay pairing instead of Tim/Some Guy or Jon/Random Stereotypical Gay. Then bring back the World's Finest book with Tim and Kon as the central characters in a professional and romantic partnership. That would have been buzz worthy and probably sell decently.
    That was what I wanted.
    Tim and Kon as a couple now. Slow development for Jon and Damien over the years.
    The current Jon stories with a few tweaks could've worked for Kon, but there are stories that could've been done with Jon as a kid that can't de done with any other character.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    That was what I wanted.
    Tim and Kon as a couple now. Slow development for Jon and Damien over the years.
    The current Jon stories with a few tweaks could've worked for Kon, but there are stories that could've been done with Jon as a kid that can't de done with any other character.

I feel like many writers at DC either weren't big fans before they got their gig so they don't "know" the characters...or that many editors at DC lack foresight and vision, and just willynilly allow some things to run freely even if they make no sense while overly editing the crap out of other things when such editing is unnecessary.