Page 124 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3110
    Incredible Member

Hey , just a quick question. Did anyone think that Clark having sex with Lois before leaving Earth, will result in another pregnancy ?
    After reading that issue, right away it made me think of the possibilities for Jon having a sibling.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Where are y'all getting fem-gay from Jay? Is it just because of the pink hair? Also where did people get that idea about Bernard? (Tim's Boy toy) He was always such a "bro" in Tim's comics and he dropped more bodies to the ground then Tim did in the urban legends issue.
    I don't see Jay as feminine just nerdy. While I think he can be read as just friendly, I do feel like if Jay was a female character people would already be calling him a love interest
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I'd rather they revert Jon back to being a kid. And if they want to make Jon gay/bi, why not develop those feelings naturally and gradually as he ages?

For that matter, they could have Damian be gay and the two eventually progress from friends into more than friends as they grow up. I'd prefer that kind of character development to just all of a sudden introducing Jay as the love interest, who also happens to be ultra-feminine so that we know he's gay which is just overly cheesy.

Same could be said of the Tim Drake romance. I'm all about him being bisexual, but instead of having this random character be his boyfriend they should have made Tim and Kon be an item. That would have been my preferred Bat/Supes family gay pairing instead of Tim/Some Guy or Jon/Random Stereotypical Gay. Then bring back the World's Finest book with Tim and Kon as the central characters in a professional and romantic partnership. That would have been buzz worthy and probably sell decently.
    What about Jay screams ultra-feminine though? He just seems like every other nerdy guy you meet in college. The only thing missing is him watching anime or being a gamer. Even the hair isn't exactly feminine, plenty of guys dye their hair. You make it sound like he runs a makeup vlog and is interning at Vogue.

Maybe it's because I watch anime and I'm used to seeing scrawny/"pretty" guys be main characters in action shows.

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    I do hope that Jay doesn’t have teleportation powers because Taylor already created a pink/purple-haired teleporting character with a red/blue flying partner. (I hope that Jay has some kind of stealth/perception powers instead since Jon deserves better than Taylor copy-pasting the dynamic from his OC couple)

It does bring me to my next theory though, where I think Taylor is going to combine his Revolutionaries concepts from his Suicide Squad run with the Wildstorm concepts. Taylor teased that Revolutionaries characters will show up in one of his books next month and I’m betting SoKE is the place he’ll do it. I think he’ll focus on Wink and Aerie in particular (shown above), firstly because he seems to favor them as he put them in DCeased and secondly because their backstories seem to line up with what’s happening in Jon’s book.

In issue 3 Jon interestingly calls Faultline a “post-human” instead of a “metahuman”. One reviewer pointed out how jarring this was but the wording might have been on purpose. In Taylor’s SS there’s a group known as the Post-Human Project that illegally experiments on people and turns them into metas.

Aerie and Wink were both kidnapped and experimented on by the PHP but managed to escape the facility together. The project could be how fire guy and Faultline got their powers. It’s possible that Jay was in the same situation but escaped like Wink and Aerie did. (And if Jay was experimented on, I wonder how much of his memories remained intact and how much residual control Bendix might have over him.)

Additionally, the project facility is located on an unknown island in the middle of the ocean, and this is prime opportunity for Taylor to place the facility on Gamorra, or at the very least have it run by Bendix.

Maybe Jay knows Wink and Aerie from his time there? Maybe they’re his “friends” he spoke about? All this would make Jay the connection between the Revolutionaries, the experimental metas, Gamorra, and Bendix. There’s already a lot going on but all the elements would neatly and efficiently come together in one character. And Jon meeting the Revolutionaries would also be interesting because, like the Authority, they’re a team of superheroes who uses extreme methods against corrupt governments and industries. Terrorists, freedom fighters, take your pick.

There’s also the fact that Wink and Aerie are a queer couple, which Taylor was nominated a GLAAD award for creating/writing. If Jon and Jay are going to be a thing, Taylor might want all of them to meet. It’s also quite likely that Taylor will receive another GLAAD nomination again for writing a queer Superman of all things.

So it’s not just Jim Lee trying to stuff his ideas into this Superman book lol
    Never read Taylor's Suicide Squad but it does look like he's trying to connect his past plotlines and characters. Can't tell whether or not that's a good or bad thing.

I don't think that its something very surprising, many writers tend to do that. Question is if these plot elements and characters are suitable for Jon's book.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    Hey , just a quick question. Did anyone think that Clark having sex with Lois before leaving Earth, will result in another pregnancy ?
    After reading that issue, right away it made me think of the possibilities for Jon having a sibling.
    I hadn't thought about it... a child with Lois's eye color would be really very cool, but the child would have the same end as Jon would go from child to adult in less than 7 years ..
    Last edited by Betinayen; 10-07-2021 at 07:44 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I doubt we'll see another biological child for Lois and Clark.

Thao-La over in Action Comics seems to be positioned as a sort of adopted daughter for both Lois and Clark, and a sister to Jon (though they're not fond of one another right now). She developed a pretty quick bond with Lois, and confessed that Clark was always her hero, and Lois has already called her family. Plus, she's still on Earth recovering after using the orphan box. Once she wakes up we'll see how long she spends on Earth with Lois given that Clark has already left without her.

The set up seems fairly clear. If Kara becomes the new Superwoman then chances are good Thao will be the new Supergirl.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Doubt it personally. Taylor did write a Superdaughter so if anyone would make another one it would be him. But I suspect they’ll keep the focus on Jon as a solo child.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

What ever happened to Chris Kent? Wasn’t he supposed to be their adopted child?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

What ever happened to Chris Kent? Wasn’t he supposed to be their adopted child?
    Like Jon, he was also aged up almost immediately, but thanks to the stank of the aborted New Krypton story arc, he was was deaged back to a boy again during Rebirth, but this time as an evil counterpart to Jon Kent. He's now known as Lor-Zod.

We missed out on Lois being pregnant, the baby years, and then Jon's childhood flew by. I'd love to see Lois have another baby only this time we get to see it all. A girl this time, and let her stay a kid indefinitely.

Astonishing Member

I heard it was Tomasi and Jurgens original plan, before Bendis appeared.
    Doubt it's gonna happen, to be honest. Editors and many writers really hate when heroes have little children, it's probably one the reasons why they age-up Jon in the first place.

Astonishing Member

There was that vision Clark had of the United Planets that Bendis wrote that showed their suited up grown up daughter. I feel like a daughter is certain but the books will never catch up to them actually having her on panel for the reasons already stated, writers and editors just can't abide with little children in comics and more so with aging up the adults hence such nonsense known as SORASing in soapies (Soap Opera Rapidly Aging Sydrome).

I'd rather they revert Jon back to being a kid. And if they want to make Jon gay/bi, why not develop those feelings naturally and gradually as he ages?

For that matter, they could have Damian be gay and the two eventually progress from friends into more than friends as they grow up. I'd prefer that kind of character development to just all of a sudden introducing Jay as the love interest, who also happens to be ultra-feminine so that we know he's gay which is just overly cheesy.

Same could be said of the Tim Drake romance. I'm all about him being bisexual, but instead of having this random character be his boyfriend they should have made Tim and Kon be an item. That would have been my preferred Bat/Supes family gay pairing instead of Tim/Some Guy or Jon/Random Stereotypical Gay. Then bring back the World's Finest book with Tim and Kon as the central characters in a professional and romantic partnership. That would have been buzz worthy and probably sell decently.
    Jon and Damian is a creepy pairing. A three year age difference is rough. And would be weird on Damian's part. I like them better with Jay and Flatline.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Jon and Damian is a creepy pairing. A three year age difference is rough. And would be weird on Damian's part. I like them better with Jay and Flatline.
    They did say to progress Damien and Jon as more than friends as they grown up. Damien at 18 and Jon at 21 wouldn't be a problem.