Page 127 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    The cynic in me thinks that the whole age up and the reveal was directed from the upper management just so they could have a queer Superman. Would be funny if Yara Flor comes out next.
    I thought she was already Lez?

Incredible Member

As others have said, very cool and very important to have our new Superman be LGBT+, somewhat disheartening for those who wanted him to be more differentiated from his father to see that his love interest is indeed a reporter.

To add to the discussion, though, I am still very wary of the possibility of Jay becoming a supervillain later on (between his costume as The Truth, his color scheme and him referring to Jon pretending to be a normal person as "pretending to be lesser"), and how that would paint the first truly major LGBT relationship in the franchise as "they used to be a couple, but then one of them turned evil, and now the memory of this relationship is a constant source of pain and loss".

The cynic in me thinks that the whole age up and the reveal was directed from the upper management just so they could have a queer Superman. Would be funny if Yara Flor comes out next.
    That's probably true. My issue with the age up always has been that everything Jon has done since the age up would have been significantly more impactful and important if he was still a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    As others have said, very cool and very important to have our new Superman be LGBT+, somewhat disheartening for those who wanted him to be more differentiated from his father to see that his love interest is indeed a reporter.

To add to the discussion, though, I am still very wary of the possibility of Jay becoming a supervillain later on (between his costume as The Truth, his color scheme and him referring to Jon pretending to be a normal person as "pretending to be lesser"), and how that would paint the first truly major LGBT relationship in the franchise as "they used to be a couple, but then one of them turned evil, and now the memory of this relationship is a constant source of pain and loss".
    Holy ****, I just thought of something. DC never actually jettisoned the whole Professor X/Magneto thing with Jon, they just created a new character to fill the Magneto role instead of Damian.

I wonder if they'll pair him up with Tim down the line. That'd be a little weird right?
    I feel like they wouldn't have paired him with Saturn girl but maybe. I think Diana is still supposed to be bi but I don't know if they did anything with that.

Ya know it's crazy people already think Jay is gonna be evil, cause I said the same **** about Bernard over in Tim's comic he mad sus to me! Overall ain't nothing wrong with some villain/hero dynamics I think we rarely if never have gotten that dynamic with LGBT characters I'm here for it. Tim & Jon is a major no for me that's weird.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of cynicism, me thinks this has been in the works for a while, hence creating Jordan as a cake and eat it option

Tim and Jon is literally the worst idea ever, so DC should definitely do it.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Reeeealy hope Jay isn't also a gender bent Jenny Sparks. Taylor said "he can't be hurt" and there was the electricity on the cover for 5...

That said, if Jay were a new life for Jenny and he remembered his old then that would bring up some very interesting ideas of gender identity and only add to Jon's bi/pan orientation. He may also be the new Doctor too. That's certainly a being that can't really be hurt.

In any case, I hope Jay becomes an interesting character.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Speaking of cynicism, me thinks this has been in the works for a while, hence creating Jordan as a cake and eat it option
    Hmm maybe I really hate Jordan honestly they literally just took everything about Jon & threw it into that emo child kind of annoying honestly, & he did get the straight romance in S1 while Jon was kinda just there. I pity the writers now just know they gonna get pressured to make CW Jon bi now.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    totally agree, i definitely was not suggesting it'd be a good idea, just that it'd make sense between the timing and dc being dc.

I’m thrilled that Jon is queer.
    A little uncertain as to what I think of Jay. I wish they could’ve done anything with him besides make him a reporter. I feel like there’s a superficial sameness with Jay and Bernard both being cutie femmes. They both just need more development, which hopefully they’ll get.
    All that aside, Superman’s son being queer is a massive thing to have happened. If I’d grown up reading this it would’ve changed my life.
    I’m glad to see people here are overall intelligent and respectful about it, I’m seeing a lot of ugliness on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I like Bernard though I'm curious to see what they do with him & Tim I'm hoping he ends up being from a family of supervillains & that's why he fights so well & Timmy gets his own Catwoman type love interest! Jay IDC about yet mostly because of the art it does him no favors.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    totally agree, i definitely was not suggesting it'd be a good idea, just that it'd make sense between the timing and dc being dc.
    Not even just timing, it's the weird inclination I've noticed over the years for fans to want to pair off queer characters with each other simply because they are queer.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ya know it's crazy people already think Jay is gonna be evil, cause I said the same **** about Bernard over in Tim's comic he mad sus to me! Overall ain't nothing wrong with some villain/hero dynamics I think we rarely if never have gotten that dynamic with LGBT characters I'm here for it. Tim & Jon is a major no for me that's weird.
    I'm all for Jay becoming an anti-hero that Jon can't stand with but still holds out a candle for.

Being a minority myself, I usually find it much more problematic and annoying when writers feel the need to make a character that looks like me flawless, or the relationship they're in the apex of good health, or anything like that. It's dehumanizing-- not in all cases obviously-- and totally pigeonholes what stories are possible for the people physically identify with.

You know how f%&king compelling it would be to effectively create a 'will they, wont they' dynamic with the new Superman and his Lex? It's like wanting Prof X and Magneto to see eye to eye...expect these guys used to make out. It only adds to what's possible with Jon especially since he'll have both sexes to pick from.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.