Page 131 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3110
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I'm sure it's just so they can have a birthday celebration issue. Though I have a sinking feeling there's an invisible countdown clock to when Jon turns "legal" like there was for young female stars like the Olsen twins and Britney Spears
    Yup thats what I was thinking too. I expect same thing will happen for Damian. Yeah they did it for Wally too back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Watch it be Jon loses his virginity at 18 because he's considered old enough then for sexual exploration by DC. They waited till Cassandra was about 17 almost 18 for Johns to have her sleep with Kon back in the day. So I have to wonder if that's going to be part of it. Same thing happened for Dick and oddly Jason too (ewww with Talia). It seems DC likes waiting till they are "adults" before having them engage in anything other than kissing on screen.
    Yup thats what I was thinking too. I expect same thing will happen for Damian. Yeah they did it for Wally too back in the day.
    You and me are on the same wavelength.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm sure it's just so they can have a birthday celebration issue. Though I have a sinking feeling there's an invisible countdown clock to when Jon turns "legal" like there was for young female stars like the Olsen twins and Britney Spears
    Watch it be Jon loses his virginity at 18 because he's considered old enough then for sexual exploration by DC. They waited till Cassandra was about 17 almost 18 for Johns to have her sleep with Kon back in the day. So I have to wonder if that's going to be part of it. Same thing happened for Dick and oddly Jason too (ewww with Talia). It seems DC likes waiting till they are "adults" before having them engage in anything other than kissing on screen.
    Far less compelling at face value, but also fairly likely.

I'd hope Taylor would do more to spice it up and blend reality with fantasy. Effectively make it a story about Jon ending his virginity, but also signify that it's a moment of change, manhood, and greater possiblity in his life by adding something big to Jon's life. My picks being Century Baby reveal or getting into this greater power stuff.

In any case, we'll see.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

I'd hope Taylor would do more to spice it up and blend reality with fantasy. Effectively make it a story about Jon ending his virginity, but also signify that it's a moment of change, manhood, and greater possiblity in his life by adding something big to Jon's life. My picks being Century Baby reveal or getting into this greater power stuff.

In any case, we'll see.
    There's always been an errant focus on the "sex" part of sexuality that is downright unsettling and disgusting. It's why there's a stigma that kids can't be queer because they can't have sex when that's not true, but enough people believe it that it might it as well be true which is why it's so important for non-sexual depictions of queer sexuality to be in media, especially when it comes to young characters.

In any case, we'll see.
    The only reason I don't think it's going to be the Century baby thing is because he already is the hybrid of a human and a Kryptonian. I just don't see them playing that up and more likely, if they are going tragic romance route, then it becomes not only is Jay his first boyfriend but the first he has sex with. Thus making it into drama for drama sake.

There's always been an errant focus on the "sex" part of sexuality that is downright unsettling and disgusting. It's why there's a stigma that kids can't be queer because they can't have sex when that's not true, but enough people believe it that it might it as well be true which is why it's so important for non-sexual depictions of queer sexuality to be in media, especially when it comes to young characters.
    Exactly. This is why Jon being a younger teen would work so much better in this story.

Yes we are on the same wave length.

Gonna call it:

Jay and Jon sleep together
    They're a couple for a while.
    Jay ends up fighting with him over something
    Jay ends up joining the other side
    Jon has his Magento where they constantly have a will they won't they bat/cat dynamic.

Rinse and repeat till someone comes up with a new character or Supersons and Kid Jon becomes more favorite which leads to de aging closer to Damian's age.

Which either leads to new teen titans, where they become friends again, or someone eventually has them become a couple, because of reasons if they go that route.

The only reason I don't think it's going to be the Century baby thing is because he already is the hybrid of a human and a Kryptonian. I just don't see them playing that up
    You don't see them playing up that he's a Kryptonian human hybrid or that he's a Century Baby? I don't understand your sentence.

But regardless, Jon being a hybrid that is more powerful than Clark is already something that they seem to want to explore. PKJ has said that Batman theorizes that the reason Jon is so strong is because he's just a hybrid, but PKJ made it clear that this was just a theory on Bruce's part and something that will be explored.

On top of that we actually see Jon's half brother from Future State-- who is also a Kryptonian human hybrid-- get his ass handed to him by Clark right after he expressed how he was told that he'd be more powerful. So what seems to be strongly implied is that there is something special about Jon himself and not Kryptonian hybrids in general.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-11-2021 at 03:37 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Amazing Member

[QUOTE=Superlad93;5769744]
    The only reason I don't think it's going to be the Century baby thing is because he already is the hybrid of a human and a Kryptonian. I just don't see them playing that up and more likely, if they are going tragic romance route, then it becomes not only is Jay his first boyfriend but the first he has sex with. Thus making it into drama for drama sake.

You don't see them playing up that he's a Kryptonian human hybrid or that he's a Century Baby? I don't understand your sentence.

But regardless, Jon being a hybrid that is more powerful than Clark is already something that they seem to want to explore. PKJ has said that Batman theorizes that the reason Jon is so strong is because he's just a hybrid, but PKJ made it clear that this was just a theory on Bruce's part and something that will be explored.

On top of that we actually see Jon's half brother from Future State-- who is also a Kryptonian human hybrid-- get his ass handed to him by Clark right after he expressed how he was told that he'd be more powerful. So what seems to be strongly implied is that there is something special about Jon himself and not Kryptonian hybrids in general.
    I like that Jon is special he not powerful because he is hybrid ,but because he is something more , so Jon is the something more of Lois and Clark I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    I like that Jon is special he not powerful because he is hybrid ,but because he is something more , so Jon is the something more of Lois and Clark I like it
    And given how much Taylor keeps reminding us that Jon's not just Clark's son-- he's also Lois' son, making the reason he's so much more powerful than his dad (or any other Kryptonian for that matter) be because of his mom being human would fit right in.

I don't see them playing up the Century baby angle.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I do hope Taylor adds more to Jay other than being a nerdy male version of Lois. But I'm sensing that he might be connected to villain in some way so I'll just wait and see.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Amazing Member

I don't see them playing up the Century baby angle.
    I think it could be, Jay will have this power of Jenny so not everything from the 5G was discarded after all

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This still feels like clark kent with glasses x superman... Honestly, that's dynamic is what made superman.
    That's an interesting take.

Better than DC oversexualizing characters in highschool like mediums outside comics tend to do

I don't think the company that freaked out over the BatCat sex scene incident will have Jon doing anything raunchy. They might even tone it down compared to Kon/Cass or Jan/Talia because they're not a straight couple and already receive enough backlash. But I'm glad they're having characters act like adults... when they're actually adults.

I feel like people in this thread freak out a little at the possibility of Jon doing anything mature (e.g. drinking or dating). Why? For a college setting, Taylor's kept it very tame so far.

It won't be as wild as Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Ok but hear me out Jon can be the Edna Mode of the DC Universe!! He can take all his parents journalism genes in his blood & make a career in fashion!!! Due to his Future End costume he can be the DC hero that breaks the mold & pushes the #NOCAPES agenda!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ok but hear me out Jon can be the Edna Mode of the DC Universe!! He can take all his parents journalism genes in his blood & make a career in fashion!!! Due to his Future End costume he can be the DC hero that breaks the mold & pushes the #NOCAPES agenda!!!
    I support the #NoCape agenda but who on DC can write Jon as a fashion columnist well?

Devil Wears Prada, Sex in the City, Ugly Betty, and The Bold Type have made me have high expectations for anything involving characters who work for fashion magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Tim never read as bi or gay to me until Conner died. Dude went off the deep end in a bad way. And I kinda get it, one of my oldest and closest friends was murdered when we were 19 so I relate to Tim's pain. But what he did after Conner's death went way beyond anything "reasonable" and entered a real creepy level of obsession. And it seemed to me that maybe he lost his damn mind because he had been repressing his true feelings for so long and couldn't handle the idea of never being able to admit to them.
    I always view Tim going over the edge with Conner as just a result of Conner's death being the straw that broke the camel's back of Tim's trauma since it came after he still thought Steph was dead and his dad died too.