Page 132 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I support the #NoCape agenda but who on DC can write Jon as a fashion columnist well?

Devil Wears Prada, Sex in the City, Ugly Betty, and The Bold Type have made me have high expectations for anything involving characters who work for fashion magazines.
    Look if those Marvel writers can do a whole Met Gala inspired event for months! Their has to be someone in that writers room who can turn Jon into a fashion icon!! Bring back Ryan Sook for art!

Spectacular Member

the real problem with this is that there is now a 0 chance he'll ever get de-aged and a super sons book return. what a waste for stunt sales boost and a decline like bendis revealing clark's identity

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    the real problem with this is that there is now a 0 chance he'll ever get de-aged and a super sons book return. what a waste for stunt sales boost and a decline like bendis revealing clark's identity
    Doubtful Damien and Jon will most definitely get a comic when their movie/show whatever it is comes out DC is better at Synergy than Marvel in that regard.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    The only reason I don't think it's going to be the Century baby thing is because he already is the hybrid of a human and a Kryptonian. I just don't see them playing that up and more likely, if they are going tragic romance route, then it becomes not only is Jay his first boyfriend but the first he has sex with. Thus making it into drama for drama sake.

Exactly. This is why Jon being a younger teen would work so much better in this story.

Yes we are on the same wave length.

Gonna call it:

Jay and Jon sleep together
    They're a couple for a while.
    Jay ends up fighting with him over something
    Jay ends up joining the other side
    Jon has his Magento where they constantly have a will they won't they bat/cat dynamic.

Rinse and repeat till someone comes up with a new character or Supersons and Kid Jon becomes more favorite which leads to de aging closer to Damian's age.

Which either leads to new teen titans, where they become friends again, or someone eventually has them become a couple, because of reasons if they go that route.
    You seem to think that Jon's book will be around long enough for that to happen. It's already tanking in sales, and I don't see that changing, apart from maybe a small spike for issue 5. Not as many people are as happy and excited about this change as people here think.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    You seem to think that Jon's book will be around long enough for that to happen. It's already tanking in sales, and I don't see that changing, apart from maybe a small spike for issue 5. Not as many people are as happy and excited about this change as people here think.
    Still the best selling Superman related book on stands right now though. Even beating out Morrison's swan song, and well beyond Clark's main book, Action. If issue 5 bumps it then it'll be a bump to a book that's already doing better than the other Superman books. And knowing Taylor we're likely to see more "you won't want to miss this issue" style bumps down the road. If that keeps up along with it baseline selling better than Action, I don't see how DC throws it out.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Still the best selling Superman related book on stands right now though. Even beating out Morrison's swan song, and well beyond Clark's main book, Action. If issue 5 bumps it then it'll be a bump to a book that's already doing better than the other Superman books. And knowing Taylor we're likely to see more "you won't want to miss this issue" style bumps down the road. If that keeps up along with it baseline selling better than Action, I don't see how DC throws it out.
    Action is doing really awful, but I dont think Jon book will stay afloat of 30k if 2nd issue is already on 40k. Taylor will need much more than outing Jon to keep sales going up

Can always kill the Kents… that’s my hope anyway.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No damn it! Let Superheroes have parents! 😭

Amazing Member

Talking

Oh God poor pa and ma Kent

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Dark
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Jesus...that got dark fast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    No damn it! Let Superheroes have parents! ��
    Nah, Clark works better with he Kent's dead.

I disagree. I don't think having them around is does any more or less for him than them being alive does. That said, I just hate the orphan hero stereotype. It feels like superheroes aren't allowed to have parents unless they're also superheroes. Or supervillains. Superman's got two perfectly good parents whose existence takes nothing away from him. Let him keep them. At the very least keep one of them alive.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Dark
    Good pic of me watching Taylor restore them to their graves they belong in.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I disagree. I don't think having them around is does any more or less for him than them being alive does. That said, I just hate the orphan hero stereotype. It feels like superheroes aren't allowed to have parents unless they're also superheroes. Or supervillains. Superman's got two perfectly good parents whose existence takes nothing away from him. Let him keep them. At the very least keep one of them alive.
    Not much of troupe when the guy was the first one to do it...Supes had dead parents before batman or spiderman was a thing.Solitude..Clark needs solitude.
    I propose a compromise..kents die and become ghosts..Now,they can actually do supernatural shit and keep up with clark..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"