Page 135 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3110

Di Nicuolo isn’t someone I’ve seen before. Guess they worked with Taylor on an indie book? Not sure if I like them yet, will have to wait and see the complete issue.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Now that Jon is fighting climate change I expect we should get an apology from Dean Cain any day now.
    Please, he'll just take credit for it and then start demanding Jon do something about abortion.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

All I'm thinking is, man Jay is some sort of Kitty Pryde/Shadow Cat type of character in various ways. Like cool that he can just let things phase through him, but I have to wonder at what point does that not work. Like with Kitty you have to concentrate. Or is he more like Secret where he's got ghost like powers in that sense? There has to be a limit, if not we're going into territory here that can become very exploited and make him dull and no real threat can harm him, and that's not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Superman: Son of Kal-El #4 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Daniele Di Nicuolo

Ugh this art is such an improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Di Nicuolo isn’t someone I’ve seen before. Guess they worked with Taylor on an indie book? Not sure if I like them yet, will have to wait and see the complete issue.
    He's on Seven Secrets with Tom Taylor
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Well we’ll be getting a new colorist soon at least

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well, that was a tangent. I honestly don't understand what was ruined by making Jon bi? I can literally fit the number of romantic relationships he's had on one hand. Maybe his relationship with Saturn Girl? Honestly, I thought that got in the way of Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad, a much better couple IMO.

I wonder if Taylor will get the guy from seven secrets for this too
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Superman: Son of Kal-El #4 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Daniele Di Nicuolo

Man I love Jon standing there in his Superman outfit and being told to set the table

Fantastic art, and that cover! Reminds me of when a meteor hit the Kent house in Smallville

Happy that we atleast get some dialogue between Jon, Jay, Martha & Jonathan before disaster strikes.

Regarding Eltaeb;
    When does his contract end? Already looking forward to his replacement.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Does Tamra Bonvillain want more work? If she wants the book, give her right of first refusal.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ugh this art is such an improvement!
    Yep, this art works so much better for this book.

It gives it such a nice youthful and expressive vibe.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Wow, this is was honestly really good from top to bottom.

Taylor's pretty much at the end of his set up phase, and you're already seeing the general baseline structure and set up of Jon's world, and I really like it. Seeing our two special guests was cool, and they line up EXACTLY like was theorized on here.

Small spoiler, but did Jon just flat out beat not just Flash but WALLY WEST in a short distance foot race at base power? And then at the end of the issue did Taylor just explicitly power up Jon thus making what seemed to be already noteworthy power EVEN MORE powerful?

Also, it's totally an All Star Superman/Superman 2000 callback! Like in All Star, Jon is tricked by his hairless foe into saving lives in a very, very hot place, but then he's bombarded by extra solar radiation powers him up and is likely supposed to kill him. But more in line with Superman 2000, Jon's body adapts to the radiation and it just seems to only make his stronger.

I'm guess that the "recovering" Jon will need to do is him getting used to his new levels of power that seemed to leave him nearly crippled in mid air. This functions almost like a second origin story or Jon's spider bite moment. It allows Taylor to do the "our hero has to get used to his new powers" portion of the origin story.

And the idea seems like it'll be Jay who helps him control his new powers. Maybe even by him recollecting and explaining to Jon how he first learned to control his powers after Bendix's experiments.

And for those wondering, this doesn't seem to be a temporary boost. Taylor's been on Twitter retweeting people's reactions to the ending and the implications it will have. Jon is likely now officially more powerful than Clark's ever been.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Also Jon literally calls the Kent farm his "Fortress" after it's blown up.

Chances seem *really* good that yet another 5G idea is about to make it into main continuity, and Jon will rebuild the Kent farm as his new Fortress of Solitude. And I'll be glad to see it! It only makes sense given the fact that otherwise we'd have an ice Fortress, the farm, and the Kent house in the city. Makes more sense to consolidate at at least two of those things into one.

_________

Jay also continues to be a little shifty. Not unlikable by any means-- I actually enjoyed his more sly and calm disposition here than before-- but just a person who's a couple sets ahead of everyone else. When asked if he'll get Jon to join The Truth he says "I have a plan for that." Not evil on its own, but inherently manipulative if the answer isn't just "we'll I'd certainly like him to."

And the way Taylor put "MY" in bold when Jay talks about how Bendix took over his country has me really feeling like Jay really is supposed to be a remix of what Damian was going to be for 5G aka Jon's Magneto.

Just think, if they take down Bendix, get control of the country, and also round up all of post-humans that Bendix has created? Well, you've then got Jay and his brotherhood, right? I can see it now: Jon pleading with Faultline, the fire guy, and whoever else (Jay mentions that there's more) not to go along with Jay's plans, but they've been so tortured and dehumanized that when someone like them offers a chance to retribution and making sure this never happens to anyone else, they're not listening to anyone else-- even Superman.

And with Jay's powers, it doesn't matter if Jon is more powerful than a hundred Supermen if Jon can't hit Jay. It's similar to how Magneto makes Professor X's powers moot with his helmet.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 10-19-2021 at 03:18 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

Good issue.

I don't think Jay is evil but there will be a clash of philosophies between him an Jon with Jay clearly having a more radical approach when it comes to creating change.

Taylor is kinda winning me over & I hate it must resist!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Good issue.

I don't think Jay is evil but there will be a clash of philosophies between him an Jon with Jay clearly having a more radical approach when it comes to creating change.
    Never said evil. Magneto isn't even evil. I'm basing it off the fact that DC wanted 5G Jon and Damian to clash in a manner similar to Professor X and Magneto.