Page 136 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3110

BTW Jay kinda annoys me if him & Jon do date between him & Saturn Girl I have to say Jon has **** taste.

Is Jon psychic now?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    BTW Jay kinda annoys me if him & Jon do date between him & Saturn Girl I have to say Jon has **** taste.
    When your standards for an average couple are Clark and Lois, the only way you have to go is down.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    When your standards for an average couple are Clark and Lois, the only way you have to go is down.
    i respectfully disagree..clois ain't that great.Jon and wally moment was awesome.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

That's true

Can't wait to pick up my issue!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Is Jon psychic now?
    Super hearing
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You ain't wrong.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Yep, this art works so much better for this book.

It gives it such a nice youthful and expressive vibe.
    Agreed, it suits the tone of Jon's book and makes the characters feel like they have more depth

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    i respectfully disagree..clois ain't that great.Jon and wally moment was awesome.
    Where was this? In this book or another? I haven't been able to read #1 & #2- so I'm waiting for TPB to read them there

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Lane View Post
    Where was this? In this book or another? I haven't been able to read #1 & #2- so I'm waiting for TPB to read them there
    It's in #4. Wally gives him his civilian name and says they should talk more.

Incredible Member

Dinner and rescue scenes were pretty great. The whole confrontation with the JL, and then specially Pa and Ma Kent's reactions, were awful. Liked the moment with Jay and Jon afterwards (though once again Jon reminiscing over his childhood in the farm is something that works well enough if you're a new reader and not at all if you've been reading before), and then the whole deal with Jay's pals was okay enough, some weird moments pulling me out but nothing major, and of course Jay continues to both speed-run "Love Interest" plot beats and be as shady as he possibly can be without being villanous (and I'm already thinking of the absolute worst case scenario where Jay only seduces Jon so he can have Superman working with The Truth). Not to mention, Jay does look very shady from Jon's perspective, so the kind of trust he has in him doesn't feel warranted. Lois Lane advocating for prudency while dealing with the powerful was weird, but if she ever was going to do that, of course it'd be to try and protect her son. The Bendix scene was okay, but Taylor should have gone farther with the "oh yeah, I intended for Jon to do that" rather than making it look like only a possibility (albeit a very likely one) that he planned for. The scene with the ambush itself was good, though.

Art-wise, sometimes Di Nicuolo's art works very well (like in the opening scene), and other times the eyes just look awful. Overall the youthfulness of the art did give this book more personality, though.

Overall... it's fine.

It's in #4. Wally gives him his civilian name and says they should talk more.
    Ah ok! Thank you

I feel like Jay is gonna seduce Jon like I'm not sure how equal this relationship is gonna be if that makes sense.

Yeah that was pretty good, think it was the strongest issue so far. Jon getting blasted with solar radiation in an attempt to All-Star Superman him was actually a clever trick. Farm is toast and I hope it stays gone or the new “Fortress” Jon is going to build is something that looks entirely different. Maybe he can have the Tesseract Fortress? Still rooting for Ma and Pa to die down the line, given this is the “anti-Injustice” feel like Jon needs that moment of his loved ones getting killed and not snapping to really seal the deal. Can’t kill Damian or Lois so make it the Kents!

Jay is continuing to be framed slightly ominously. Keeping secrets, having plans for Jon he’s not sharing yet, it’s all classic supervillain behavior. Curious where this is going, not surprised Taylor brought back Aerie and Wink for this. Make sense as part of the “supporting cast”, but perhaps if Superlad’s theories are correct, Jay will end up leading the “Revolutionaries” who are the muscle of his “Truth” organization like Magneto and the Brotherhood.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm thinking the freshly made Post-Humans will be Jay's "Brotherhood" rather than the Revolutionaries we know. I could actually see at the very least Aeire and Wink maybe ultimately being a little uncomfortable with where Jay wants to take things, and them ultimately siding with Jon while the more freshly made Post-Humans who are still very raw and angry at what was done to them being all for Jay's plans.

And this really is continuing to follow the Injustice model if Jay does ultimately take things too far, but Jay would be in Wonder Woman's "Lady Macbeth" (as Taylor put it) role egging Jon on towards more extreme actions. But the difference being that unlike Clark, Jon eventually says no.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.