Page 145 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3110

I prefer...You know what? No. Not beating the dead horse today lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That's the same hair, just going the opposite way with some wind blowing through it.
    And yet it actually does look better. Still not good. But better. A lot less "My name is Chad Barrington-Chesterfield III and my dad owns this country club."

I still assert that the best that Fake Jon has ever looked (in terms of both his costume and his hair) was when he first got dropped on our doorsteps like the unwanted hellspawn that he is.

A costume that's still recognizable as Superman-esque while not being too similar to Clark's, like his most recent two are. A hairstyle that doesn't make him look like a stereotype at worst and a rich-boy douche at best. When we first got this abomination, I never thought I'd ever be in a position where I'd have to compliment it but here we are. This is the best and most like his own thing that he's looked since they decided to kill off the real Jon. Here, he actually looks less like Clark's modern clone and more like a grown up version of the real Jon.
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-07-2021 at 09:28 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That's the same hair, just going the opposite way with some wind blowing through it.
    Not really, this one isn't combed and decidedly so.messy hair is jon defining factor.The hair goes over one side in this one instead of straight down in the front like pixie cut or something like in other one. There is also a clear s curl that's also distinct from Clark's
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post

That's standard generic superboy hair.Heck! Clark's hair was that as a superboy.I would rather jon kent be in line with these guys astroboys gokus and cyborg 009s..

Just add s curl hair like john timm superman
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-07-2021 at 09:37 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I'd take the plain, generic, normal guy look any day over....whatever the hell he's rocking in that preview page. Lord knows it would help push that absurd narrative this book is going with, where Jon is somehow more relatable and in touch with the common man than Clark is. Despite Jon's life being more privileged and uncommon than Clark's ever was growing up. He is absolutely not the mouthpiece you wanna use as the face for your social justice book. He's low-key more of a "White savior" stereotype than Clark, contrary to what Taylor's said. Making him bi doesn't really change that.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    See I'd even accept something like that. I wouldn't necessarily want it. But I'd take it without complaint over what we've got. At least it looks good. Though I'm not sure how well it would translate from artist to artist. It would be VERY easy for someone who doesn't know what they're doing to have him looking like your typical Jersey Karen.
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-07-2021 at 10:03 PM.

When my brother came out as gay he got that exact haircut a little while afterwards, so I don’t know what to tell you guys. Gay men like it and they definitely use it. Makes Jon look different from Clark which is all I care about.

Besides Clark had a mullet and a ponytail in the 90s, so contemporary haircuts aren’t something Supermen refuse lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Anyways,i am might be wrong.but,i am sure this hairstyle ain't gonna stick.This is just artist taking liberty and his jon kent.DC isn't focusing on uniform look like they did back when they redrew jack kirby's superman.I am sure others will draw his hair differently.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I prefer...You know what? No. Not beating the dead horse today lol

And yet it actually does look better. Still not good. But better. A lot less "My name is Chad Barrington-Chesterfield III and my dad owns this country club."

I still assert that the best that Fake Jon has ever looked (in terms of both his costume and his hair) was when he first got dropped on our doorsteps like the unwanted hellspawn that he is.

A costume that's still recognizable as Superman-esque while not being too similar to Clark's, like his most recent two are. A hairstyle that doesn't make him look like a stereotype at worst and a rich-boy douche at best. When we first got this abomination, I never thought I'd ever be in a position where I'd have to compliment it but here we are. This is the best and most like his own thing that he's looked since they decided to kill off the real Jon. Here, he actually looks less like Clark's modern clone and more like a grown up version of the real Jon.
    agreed I loved this look

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

There's an intersting implication here. With Clark (and Kara), he'd get a temporary boost for a few hours to a day, but then his body would work it off and he'd level off at his normal levels. So is the implication that unlike his father, Jon's body doesn't work the extra power off but rather it just simply creates a new baseline at the higher level? And even before this Jon was apparently already more powerful than Clark or Kara even though he's just 17. He even out raced Wally. So what's this new level of power supposed to look like?
    _________

Like, what even was Bendix's plan? It's a clear All Star Superman homage down to the bald scientist, so then was the plan to overload Jon's cells like in All Star? Maybe the implication is that this overload would've worked on Clark or Kara, but Jon's cells just ate that ****.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Since this is such blatant All Star Superman homage and Jon even mentions that he's even able to think faster than he should be, does that mean Jon will also get control of his bio electrical aura like Clark in All Star?

We've even already set the stage for it with Jon having naturally greater control over aspects of his powers than Clark or Kara. And now that I'm saying that out loud, that new hyper violet vision was blue just like Clark's bio electrical aura control. And on top of that it had a distinct electrical effect to how it was drawn in issue 32 of Superman. That may have been PKJ dropping a bit of a hint?

Plus, in the quest to effectively reproduce a Miles Morales-like effect with Jon, it likely wouldn't hurt to just flat out give Jon that little touchstone. And when asked about it, DC has the deniability of going "well we took inspiration from the Electric Blue Superman era" and no one would be the wiser.

Edit: Just now realizing that Jon and Jay are surrounded by a blue electrical field on the cover, and it's presented as Bendix's trap. But we now know that Bendix's attack on Jon was to boost his powers outside of his control.

My theory is that Jon's bio electrical aura does come out, and it starts to hurt the people he saves around the world, So effectively Bendix would've trapped Jon in a cage made of his own body and left him to hear the now louder than ever screams of the people he can't save. But then Jay, who can't be hurt, saves Jon and talks him down.

I think that's why Taylor sets up that Jon has to be careful when touching people.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 11-12-2021 at 03:35 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Since this is such blatant All Star Superman homage and Jon even mentions that he's even able to think faster than he should be, does that mean Jon will also get control of his bio electrical aura like Clark in All Star?

We've even already set the stage for it with Jon having naturally greater control over aspects of his powers than Clark or Kara. And now that I'm saying that out loud, that new hyper violet vision was blue just like Clark's bio electrical aura control. And on top of that it had a distinct electrical effect to how it was drawn in issue 32 of Superman. That may have been PKJ dropping a bit of a hint?

Plus, in the quest to effectively reproduce a Miles Morales-like effect with Jon, it likely wouldn't hurt to just flat out give Jon that little touchstone. And when asked about it, DC has the deniability of going "well we took inspiration from the Electric Blue Superman era" and no one would be the wiser.

Edit: Just now realizing that Jon and Jay are surrounded by a blue electrical field on the cover, and it's presented as Bendix's trap. But we now know that Bendix's attack on Jon was to boost his powers outside of his control.

My theory is that Jon's bio electrical aura does come out, and it starts to hurt the people he saves around the world, So effectively Bendix would've trapped Jon in a cage made of his own body and left him to hear the now louder than ever screams of the people he can't save. But then Jay, who can't be hurt, saves Jon and talks him down.

I think that's why Taylor sets up that Jon has to be careful when touching people.
    That makes me wonder if that could lead to a situation where it becomes dangerous for Jon to touch people, but Jay's power protects him. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but I could see it happening. It feels like that could lead to a situation where their relationship becomes one of necessity and less of choice. At the least an unhealthy co-dependency.

Didn’t expect Electric Blue Superman to potentially be in the mix but yeah, I think you’ve got the gist of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    That makes me wonder if that could lead to a situation where it becomes dangerous for Jon to touch people, but Jay's power protects him. I'm not saying it's a good idea, but I could see it happening. It feels like that could lead to a situation where their relationship becomes one of necessity and less of choice. At the least an unhealthy co-dependency.
    Would still be choice, Jon doesn’t have to with ANYONE after all, but that he wants to be with Jay and Jay’s powers help eliminate any risk might be another reason they’re drawn to each other.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    That could actually pretty fascinating to explore, and it could lead to some intentional or unintentional commentary on unhealthy co-dependency.

It would also be a really interesting way doing a love interest specific to Superman, and an interesting spin on the "world of cardboard"/"Superman always holds back" concept.

Like, Jon could have "flare ups" that would require Jay being there to help him work through it while also keeping people around Jon safe.

There are some potentially really interesting ways to explore the concept of Superman level powers here. And with power level being such an important aspect of Jon that's been really harped on in and out of the comic, I think we'll more than likely dive deeper into it than just this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Didn’t expect Electric Blue Superman to potentially be in the mix but yeah, I think you’ve got the gist of it.

Would still be choice, Jon doesn’t have to with ANYONE after all, but that he wants to be with Jay and Jay’s powers help eliminate any risk might be another reason they’re drawn to each other.
    I just imagine the potential if they broke up, or could break up. Jon could have a very reasonable reaction of "You're the only person I can be with!" How do you walk that back to a healthy place?
    If Jon being unable to touch anyone else was only for a short amount of time it wouldn't be such a problem.

Amazing Member

That could actually pretty fascinating to explore, and it could lead to some intentional or unintentional commentary on unhealthy co-dependency.

It would also be a really interesting way doing a love interest specific to Superman, and an interesting spin on the "world of cardboard"/"Superman always holds back" concept.

Like, Jon could have "flare ups" that would require Jay being there to help him work through it while also keeping people around Jon safe.

There are some potentially really interesting ways to explore the concept of Superman level powers here. And with power level being such an important aspect of Jon that's been really harped on in and out of the comic, I think we'll more than likely dive deeper into it than just this issue.
    sorry but it would be such a sick relationship that honestly i would have no interest in it ..

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    sorry but it would be such a sick relationship that honestly i would have no interest in it ..
    I would have interest in it

Sounds like the set of a good character study
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?