Page 146 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3110

The art is just so awful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I just imagine the potential if they broke up, or could break up. Jon could have a very reasonable reaction of "You're the only person I can be with!" How do you walk that back to a healthy place?
    If Jon being unable to touch anyone else was only for a short amount of time it wouldn't be such a problem.
    See I love the idea of Jon being a mess when it comes to relationships again I don’t want him to be like his dad. Why can’t he be immature in his love life? Definitely would help the drama of his book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The art is just so awful!!!
    truth! The art is horrible

Jon being an Icon who uses men but treats his women like Queens we love that for him!!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Retweeted by Taylor. This is Cain Tormey. He's worked with Orlando on a Doctor Doom comic at Marvel, and he's doing the art for the Nightwing/Red Hood thing by Taylor.

Tormey seems really, really taken by Jon Kent (like I've seen with a few writers and artist now), and he's actually hoping to work on a Jon-Superman comic sometime soon. When asked if the top picture with a work in progress for a comic coming up he replied "I'm working on it" (adding a smiling wink too). I mean, he's already working alongside Taylor, and the passion seems there. He may get his shot (or he may already be in the works to getting his shot).

Regardless of if this goes through, I think it says something about how Jon's star is rising for not just fans and the media but also creators. People tend to overlook how important it is for creators to be chomping at the bit to get a shot at a character. That's how staying power and circulation gets cultivated. Creators not just looking for chances to work on Jon's book, but also just add him into scenes or stories or teams. The voice and exposure for the character grows and more eyes get put on the character. There's also the domino effect of editors seeing how a writer who they'd assume wouldn't be a good fit knocks it out of the park with the character in a random scene or issue they requested use of the character for.

Also, totally here for chill sporty college freshmen himbo Jon.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Hey if they want Jon to be the “himbo” that’s fine with me. Would hopefully mean people stop clamoring for that to be Clark. Been thinking how odd it is that every hero is basically written as a super genius these days. I think there would be a market for a hero who skates by on luck as much as strength or brains, someone who doesn’t know how to “reverse the polarity of the dark matter” or whatever technobabble writers write.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

Retweeted by Taylor. This is Cain Tormey. He's worked with Orlando on a Doctor Doom comic at Marvel, and he's doing the art for the Nightwing/Red Hood thing by Taylor.

Tormey seems really, really taken by Jon Kent (like I've seen with a few writers and artist now), and he's actually hoping to work on a Jon-Superman comic sometime soon. When asked if the top picture with a work in progress for a comic coming up he replied "I'm working on it" (adding a smiling wink too). I mean, he's already working alongside Taylor, and the passion seems there. He may get his shot (or he may already be in the works to getting his shot).

Regardless of if this goes through, I think it says something about how Jon's star is rising for not just fans and the media but also creators. People tend to overlook how important it is for creators to be chomping at the bit to get a shot at a character. That's how staying power and circulation gets cultivated. Creators not just looking for chances to work on Jon's book, but also just add him into scenes or stories or teams. The voice and exposure for the character grows and more eyes get put on the character. There's also the domino effect of editors seeing how a writer who they'd assume wouldn't be a good fit knocks it out of the park with the character in a random scene or issue they requested use of the character for.

Also, totally here for chill sporty college freshmen himbo Jon.
    This sudden interest the DC people are taking in Jon now makes me a little suspicious. I also want to say that I hated the fact that they changed Jon's haircut, I really liked the old haircut where the hair was all messed up .. so I like that art because remember the jon' old haircut and and I would like to see Jon more often in civilian clothes
    Last edited by Betinayen; 11-14-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hey if they want Jon to be the “himbo” that’s fine with me. Would hopefully mean people stop clamoring for that to be Clark. Been thinking how odd it is that every hero is basically written as a super genius these days. I think there would be a market for a hero who skates by on luck as much as strength or brains, someone who doesn’t know how to “reverse the polarity of the dark matter” or whatever technobabble writers write.
    "Himbo" only in the sense that he'd be drawn as Dick Grayson level attractive and fit with an "aw shucks" puppy dog vibe to him. But not in the sense that he wouldn't be smart-- if not super smart.

In fact the preview seems to suggest that this is very much an All Star Superman situation (Jon even remarks how his mind is working even faster now and that's how he knows what's going on with him).

But if it were me? I'd for sure make him the one with relatively average intelligence. It works as a nice contrast between he and his father now that Clark has to lean on his smarts more. And I just love the beautiful juxtaposition of him having the powers of a god but the mind of a mortal man. That's compelling because then there's a level of trepidation to him and what he does and thinks is right because he's holding the most power in the world in both title and actual physical power.

I think there's a really charming character in that.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    This sudden interest the DC people are taking in Jon now makes me a little suspicious. I also want to say that I hated the fact that they changed Jon's haircut, I really liked the old haircut where the hair was all messed up .. so I like that art because remember the jon' old haircut and and I would like to see Jon more often in civilian clothes
    "Suspicious"? Why? Out of the 5G "Big Three" he just seems to be the one that's gaining the most steam and keeping it. It's kind of nuts how little anyone cares about the Batman of this generation.

I'm pretty annoyed they don't put Jon in civilian clothes either. And it has nothing to do with not having a secret identity either. Tons of heroes at Marvel have no secret identity yet wear normal things just fine. But what really sucks about this is the fact that they're not taking advantage of the fact that Jon is a modern day young adult. That means modern day young adult fashion that just wouldn't fly with people's views on what Clark should look like. They really need to get on that.

"Suspicious"? Why? Out of the 5G "Big Three" he just seems to be the one that's gaining the most steam and keeping it. It's kind of nuts how little anyone cares about the Batman of this generation.

I'm pretty annoyed they don't put Jon in civilian clothes either. And it has nothing to do with not having a secret identity either. Tons of heroes at Marvel have no secret identity yet wear normal things just fine. But what really sucks about this is the fact that they're not taking advantage of the fact that Jon is a modern day young adult. That means modern day young adult fashion that just wouldn't fly with people's views on what Clark should look like. They really need to get on that.
    Uh... I get you're a big Superman Jon Kent fan, but... He's not that guy. I mean, just speaking of the new Batman, his sales have actually been better judging by the sales charts we have to go off of now. I still think the new Superman should've been Superboy-Prime. He's just more relatable.

You know now I would like an issue where he and jay are hanging out, maybe on a date, and Jay just blurts out how Jon only ever seems to wear his Superman suit causing a fun filler episode with a fashion montage/a ridiculous criminal who attacks the store Jon is in.

As for Jace, well he’s still going through his early origins. We got a four issue mini that was about his background and motivation/getting the suit and now we are four issues in to him being Batman. Jon has had a couple years in where we know what he can do and what he’s about, even during some of the age up period. Jon is Superman’s son who grew up knowing the League, so I’d say give Jace some time to grow. I’m sure they’re already planning a one-shot or story arc where Jace and Jon meet for next year or so. Even Yara is still in her training phase.
    Last edited by sifighter; 11-14-2021 at 02:41 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Here's a thought though, given how much of a boost Jon has gotten due to his bisexuality, and (from the art we're seeing) that he seems to quickly be rising to the forefront of queer representation for DC, do you think we'll likely see DC kind of go "Yeah, I guess he's bi...." but never actually explore that at all? Do you think there would be an outcry or loss of status if he did eventually date a woman, or if he and Jay did break up?

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    Not sure what you mean, DC choose Jon over my preferred choice of Kenan. They’ve always seen Jon as full of potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Uh... I get you're a big Superman Jon Kent fan, but... He's not that guy. I mean, just speaking of the new Batman, his sales have actually been better judging by the sales charts we have to go off of now. I still think the new Superman should've been Superboy-Prime. He's just more relatable.
    We’ll see what sales are like post coming out but all of his issues have gone back for reprints. It’s undeniable that Jace and Yara started off stronger, but Yara has stumbled for various reasons, and Jace is doing ok but isn’t lighting up the charts. Honestly I’m shocked at how little attention a black Batman is getting maybe because Bruce is still set to dominate everything with his movie coming? Jon being bi got way more mainstream attention.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Here's a thought though, given how much of a boost Jon has gotten due to his bisexuality, and (from the art we're seeing) that he seems to quickly be rising to the forefront of queer representation for DC, do you think we'll likely see DC kind of go "Yeah, I guess he's bi...." but never actually explore that at all? Do you think there would be an outcry or loss of status if he did eventually date a woman, or if he and Jay did break up?
    Really weird if Jon loses his status just because he date woman, clearly my cousin will be right as he always says that people are biphobic because They thinks Bisexuals only relate with to one gender. Sorry But DC sometimes look is biphobic because normally your Bisexual characters only relate with the one gender, thus feeding the biphobia of its readers ,But I wish Jon Had possibilities in future i wish jon had many romances ,multiple relationships multiple genders ,multiple possibilities multiple species
    Last edited by Betinayen; 11-14-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Amazing Member

I'm a suspicious lol but it hurts a little when I realize that Jon had to get the attention of the media first to get these people's attention in the DC , he's been around for 6 years and few have shown their love for the character Now very many love her this is good but ... The only thing I want DC to not screw it up like it did with the new 52 superman , new 52 superman had a lot of possibilities and all were lost
    Last edited by Betinayen; 11-14-2021 at 06:55 PM.