Page 151 of 208 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Give it until tomorrow, that list still has last week’s Marvel releases. I usually wait until Thursday before even bothering to check that list since it’s usually not completely updated until then, and Weds is still NCB day for everyone besides DC.

Given his interest in politics and social issues… how about law? He could still use his writing and reading skills he’s inherited from Lois but in a different context that serves his own interests. Jon needs a job he can do that isn’t a breeze thanks to his powers while still being of interest to the superhero narrative. Law could provide that.

Still hoping they make Calvin a lawyer pre-Presidency but I’ll take Jon as the Superman of the court as well.
    I mean he can combine civil engineering and politics to become an urban planner. I'm sure Metropolis would always need one.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Comixology updated.

SSoK jumped to 3, but was still beat out by Nightwing and Tynion's last issue of Batman and the end of Fear State. I mistook last week's X-titles for this week's, but SSoK beat them regardless. And of course, Dark Ages is there.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Comixology updated.

SSoK jumped to 3, but was still beat out by Nightwing and Tynion's last issue of Batman and the end of Fear State. I mistook last week's X-titles for this week's, but SSoK beat them regardless. And of course, Dark Ages is there.
    Jon 's comics are so uninteresting that I fear that in future issues it will drop drastically , I love Jon but I dont understand what Taylor wants to do ,A few months ago no one would have said that I would have been more excited with Clark's story in action comics than Jon's but here I am ,I just wanted to get excited about Jon's comics again Because I love this character he has so much potential ,putting pessimism aside I'm glad he's in the top 10 because I like the character.
    Last edited by Betinayen; 11-18-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Spectacular Member

I think we all need to brace ourselves for a pretty sharp drop next month now that the "event" has come and gone.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Comixology EU bestseller list:
    I checked & it's a little bit different from the 10 top bestseller of Comixology.com

2021-11-19 07_34_58-Digital Comics - (EU) Comics by comiXology.jpg
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 11-18-2021 at 11:41 PM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They would be too powerful.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    very beautiful art ,Dick and Jon are so cute I'm in love with this art

So we're seriously going to look at those covers and go "yeah, sure the current art on Son of Kal-El is fine".

Look at what this book COULD look like if they'd just witch up the art. Look at how much more fitting it looks. Look at how much of a big deal it looks.

Anyways, it looks like Cain Tormey will be in fact doing art for the book for issue 8

It seems that these pics are actually going to be in issue #8, and if that's the case that's fantastic because they look great.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Amazing Member

So we're seriously going to look at those covers and go "yeah, sure the current art on Son of Kal-El is fine".

Look at what this book COULD look like if they'd just witch up the art. Look at how much more fitting it looks. Look at how much of a big deal it looks.

Anyways, it looks like Cain Tormey will be in fact doing art for the book for issue 8

It seems that these pics are actually going to be in issue #8, and if that's the case that's fantastic because they look great.

the most important thing that Jon finally looks like he's in civilian clothes ,he in a cap is the cutest thing about this art ..Maybe this art makes the book a little better for me
    Last edited by Betinayen; 11-19-2021 at 04:10 PM.

Also this seems to be the second cover Jon has had with Jackson.

And given the fact that DC seems to be nearly just as serious about pushing Jackson for Aquaman as they are Jon for Superman, I have to wonder if they're keeping the idea of a legit romance between the two in their back pocket?

Basically it would be similar to the New 52 Superman/Wonder Woman romance. I could honestly see Jay eventually going bad/becoming an anti-hero even more now. This would also be Taylor setting up the Jon/Jackson attraction in advance by having Jackson show up more than once. So it allows you to have Superman's ex as his foe yet not immediately bouncing back into a straight relationship. Plus brownie points for it being another person of color. And on top of that "SUPERMAN AND AQUAMAN ARE DATING" makes for quite the headline.

PLUS this would explain where Jon's ongoing team up book is. Since Waid is doing classic Batman/Superman, and Superman/Robin is just an issue, and Jon and Yara's book will likely never come at this rate (and in order to not invite the romantic assumptions), a Superman/Aquaman team up/couple book would make the most sense at this rate.

The best part would be Brandon Thomas writing the book and Jon.

Damn, you know what? Maybe THAT'S where they stuck Sempere? He was the artist for Thomas's future state Aquaman book. And if you look back at the Superman/Wonder Woman book you'll notice that the sort of art in it was very high profile and detailed to really push the book, and also sell the sex appeal of the two leads while feeling like a wide screen block buster. Sempere would totally be that for Jon and Jackson if my guess is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    the most important thing that Jon finally looks like he's in civilian clothes ,he in a cap is the cutest thing about this art ..Maybe this art makes the book a little better for me
    That first picture looks so good! Casual and sporty in a way that Clark can't really be these days, and it's a nice little callback to Jon wearing his Hamilton hat back in Tomasi's run.

I just hope that the fact that Jon isn't really wearing anything that would imply a secret identity means that Jay's advice to Jon on having a secret identity is to NOT, and wear the fact that he's both Jon Kent and Superman proudly in the open.

I think it's far more compelling if people know that they're sitting next to Superman while they're taking their biology exam in class. That's so much more fun, and leaves more room for possibilities.

And once again, it looks REEEEEEEEEEEEEALY bad if Jon is only allowed to express his sexuality as a fake person. If that's the case what's the point of saying you're making Superman bi?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 11-19-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Amazing Member

And given the fact that DC seems to be nearly just as serious about pushing Jackson for Aquaman as they are Jon for Superman, I have to wonder if they're keeping the idea of a legit romance between the two in their back pocket?

Basically it would be similar to the New 52 Superman/Wonder Woman romance. I could honestly see Jay eventually going bad/becoming an anti-hero even more now. This would also be Taylor setting up the Jon/Jackson attraction in advance by having Jackson show up more than once. So it allows you to have Superman's ex as his foe yet not immediately bouncing back into a straight relationship. Plus brownie points for it being another person of color. And on top of that "SUPERMAN AND AQUAMAN ARE DATING" makes for quite the headline.

PLUS this would explain where Jon's ongoing team up book is. Since Waid is doing classic Batman/Superman, and Superman/Robin is just an issue, and Jon and Yara's book will likely never come at this rate (and in order to not invite the romantic assumptions), a Superman/Aquaman team up/couple book would make the most sense at this rate.

Damn, you know what? Maybe THAT'S where they stuck Sempere? He was the artist for Thomas's future state Aquaman book. And if you look back at the Superman/Wonder Woman book you'll notice that the sort of art in it was very high profile and detailed to really push the book, and also sell the sex appeal of the two leads while feeling like a wide screen block buster. Sempere would totally be that for Jon and Jackson if my guess is right.
    I don't know if I like this idea very much Jon and jackson but it's a much better option than Jay .. but I love the fact that Jay can be a anti heroi, I've said many times Jay is a so uninteresting character that if he goes to anti hero I honestly he will have my attention but if not, so then i have no interest in him
    Last edited by Betinayen; 11-19-2021 at 04:33 PM.

So basically, any appearance of Jon is going to be a yaoi comic?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin