Page 156 of 208 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3110
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Really disappointed they didn't discuss or focus on Jon's bisexuality in the annual at all. Talk about killing all of the momentum from Issue #5.
    Don't work
    Next june Expect that new trinity
    of Jon, Jackson and Tim headling their LGBT specials, now that they have more then just Harley as true A list expect a big push from now through june

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Thoughts after reading the Annual…

Really liked Lex here, classic diabolical scheming Lex. Plus, I always enjoy the timeless metaphor of villain and hero engaging in a game of chess. Also loved the Batman bit, don’t F with Lois.

As for Jon, everything just seems so… mediocre. I really like the fact that he’s tackling current day issues like the climate, etc. And I did enjoy him saving and befriending a polar bear named after Gail Simone (https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tom-...perman-annual/). In all, it just doesn’t come off as very well written or presented. A lot of the supposed “big” events in the run have not really delivered. Like, the idea of him being tossed in jail was a great idea, but it was just kinda, “meh” and then it was over and done with. I guess it echos the "idea vs execution" argument.

Overall, it feels like it’s been all kinda downhill since his very first sequence when he rescued that first dude from the fire (and from himself). That scene was pretty great but I’m not sure anything since has captured the excitement equally.

And in the Annual in particular, I enjoyed Lex way more than Jon.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Generally, I don't like it when long-time characters suddenly become interested in issues of the day. DC used to have one page comics which would talk about issues of the day without affecting the main series. Certainly a one page protest with new Superman going to jail and old Superman getting him out of jail seems kind of pointless.

Extraordinary Member

SUPERMAN: SON OF KAL-EL #9
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art and cover by BRUNO REDONDO
    Variant cover by TRAVIS MOORE and TAMRA BONVILLAIN
    Int’l Women’s Day variant cover by JANAINA MEDEIROS
    $3.99 | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/8/22

Superman/Nightwing crossover part 2 of 2! Nightwing promised Clark Kent that while he’s off-planet, Nightwing would look after Clark’s son, Jon, as he tries to fill his father’s shoes as Superman. But with someone out there murdering superpowered people, is Nightwing in over his head? Read Nightwing #89 (in stores 2/15/22) for part 1 of this crossover story!

Astonishing Member

I like this cover, Jon actually looks his age.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I like this cover, Jon actually looks his age.
    personally I think his age looks kind of all over the place on that cover.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He ain't win over no one Jon still has no personality.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I don't know why, but I am not gelling with Jon's face here.

Are they slightly changing Jon's ethnicity?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He ain't win over no one Jon still has no personality.
    Yeah the diehards are never coming around, but Taylor is claiming the sales are great enough that he might not need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Not unless they’re changing Lois’ no. Just the way Moore draws him I guess.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The personality thing is still a major problem for me.Considering dceased has fine humor with supersons.It's a travesty that Jon went the clark way.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The personality thing is still a major problem for me.Considering dceased has fine humor with supersons.It's a travesty that Jon went the clark way.
    Nah that "travesty's" name is Tom Taylor.

For whatever faults you want to pin on Bendis, Jon had some distinctly un-Clark stand out moments all through his run. Some of my favorites being when Zod showed up behind him during the Unity Saga and Jon looks freaked out...but then totally DECKS him in the face and out of the ship without even a word of warning. Or over in Legion where he was just this full on adorkable goober of a dude. Totally blowing off orientation because he wants to explore and bring Damian. During the fight for the trident he literally has a smile on his face like they're not in a space battle and he's just casually going "I'm gonna just super speed and end this, k?" while Brainiac is all like "please literally DO NOT do that, Jon". Or how all of his nobility and trying to be like his dad went out the window once he got his first kiss. He would literally forget what they were talking about because he was too busy making out.

You know who Bendis wrote Jon as? Harry Potter. And I really, really appreciate that. Like Harry, Jon's ultimately a good and just person...but he's also sort of a fun little dipshit who wins off luck and gumption, and has a real taste for impulsive choices.

Taylor's Jon is what I'd call "pretend impulsive". He's "impulsive" but only so long as it leaves him on the moral high ground. Taylor never lets him just kind of act like a 17 year old would, and that would be kind of like a dick who is likely in the wrong.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Nah that "travesty's" name is Tom Taylor.

For whatever faults you want to pin on Bendis, Jon had some distinctly un-Clark stand out moments all through his run. Some of my favorites being when Zod showed up behind him during the Unity Saga and Jon looks freaked out...but then totally DECKS him in the face and out of the ship without even a word of warning. Or over in Legion where he was just this full on adorkable goober of a dude. Totally blowing off orientation because he wants to explore and bring Damian. During the fight for the trident he literally has a smile on his face like they're not in a space battle and he's just casually going "I'm gonna just super speed and end this, k?" while Brainiac is all like "please literally DO NOT do that, Jon". Or how all of his nobility and trying to be like his dad went out the window once he got his first kiss. He would literally forget what they were talking about because he was too busy making out.

You know who Bendis wrote Jon as? Harry Potter. And I really, really appreciate that. Like Harry, Jon's ultimately a good and just person...but he's also sort of a fun little dipshit who wins off luck and gumption, and has a real taste for impulsive choices.

Taylor's Jon is what I'd call "pretend impulsive". He's "impulsive" but only so long as it leaves him on the moral high ground. Taylor never lets him just kind of act like a 17 year old would, and that would be kind of like a dick who is likely in the wrong.
    I did like jon going and picking up robin.Not caring about the orientation.I said that then.I kinda just couldn't really get into the bendis humor cause dialoges where bad.It was wayyy less energetic a protagonist for my liking.Guys that run around are the kinda protagonists i like..

and Yeah! harry i liked cause there was this other to side to him "Certain disregard for rules".There was always something like hermoine going"Harry,don't do this...what an idiot".
    Superman is a hufflepuff(especially taylors)..i prefer something in between gryffindor and slytherine.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I blame the haircut.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I blame the haircut.
    That may be it