Page 171 of 208 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Then why bring it up at all?
    Honestly? Taylor loves to pander to Twitter, and people on Twitter, like here, kept complaining that it wasn’t being focused on. Wouldn’t be surprised if Taylor reacted to that. Also this is the first issue the new editor edited I believe, so perhaps it was something he wanted to address. Regardless I think this is wrapping it up as far as Taylor is concerned.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Taylor in 2 issues did more with Jon than Bendis did in 20+ actually addressing the trauma of torture i love that!

Tho I am confused does this mean Jon is only 16 cause what I do recall is after volcano it was immediately back home so why is he 16 in college?
    Some people are sixteen in college, not common like seventeen, but it happens.

Extraordinary Member

I wish we knew how well it corresponded to what the Comixology best sellers list showed. For example is that digital + physical orders through Amazon? I hate that Comixology got butchered since it was the only reliable source of info we had on digital sales (or hell on sales in general).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wish we knew how well it corresponded to what the Comixology best sellers list showed. For example is that digital + physical orders through Amazon? I hate that Comixology got butchered since it was the only reliable source of info we had on digital sales (or hell on sales in general).
    The state of Comixology is unreal. I'd be shocked if digital sales don't tank as a result. I'm curious if DC and Marvel have enough clout with them to force some changes to the storefront if sales do tank or if they simply abandon it and we see a same-day release option be added to Unlimited and Infinite at a different subscription price tier. I've muddled through the new store, but it's a disaster. Question is whether Amazon cares about Comixology enough to fix it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Apparently there was a huge drop of digital sales after the Amazon/Comixology merger:

"I have spoken to a number of comic book publishers who have told me that their digital sales have dropped by anywhere from 20% to 70% as a result of the change."

Source: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/comi...-huge-amounts/

I guess more people will go back to their LCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Apparently there was a huge drop of digital sales after the Amazon/Comixology merger:

"I have spoken to a number of comic book publishers who have told me that their digital sales have dropped by anywhere from 20% to 70% as a result of the change."

Not surprising at all. The US storefront is barely usable mess and the international sales are all kinds of messed up. I don’t think more people will flock to comic shops as a result though.

My guess is a lot of digital readers read digital because they don’t have access to or any interest in reading floppies. I collect some floppies monthly, but the vast majority of my ComiXology books were books I have zero interest in buying physical copies of. If the choice is between physical copies or no copies with the exception of Superman and Hulk comics I’ll just wait till the pop up on Infinite or Unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

No they won’t, they’ll just stop paying for comics. It’s now easier to pirate comics and read them online that way which is absolutely idiotic. DC and Marvel absolutely should offer a higher tier of sub on Infinite and Unlimited that lets you read comics the day they are released physically.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

No they won’t, they’ll just stop paying for comics. It’s now easier to pirate comics and read them online that way which is absolutely idiotic. DC and Marvel absolutely should offer a higher tier of sub on Infinite and Unlimited that lets you read comics the day they are released physically.
    And expand to foreign markets.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    And expand to foreign markets.
    There is a problem called Panini Comics.

Astonishing Member

As a non US based reader, I don't have access to those platforms, Comixology was my (preferred) gateway to comics. All this seems like a death knell for the inevitable.

BANNED

The first Son of Kal El trade will have a slight delay (and thankfully it's not the worst thing affected)

Superman: Son of Kal-El Vol. 1: The Truth HC has slipped from the 24th of May to the 31st.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/suic...e-dc-lateness/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Not surprising at all. The US storefront is barely usable mess and the international sales are all kinds of messed up. I don’t think more people will flock to comic shops as a result though.

My guess is a lot of digital readers read digital because they don’t have access to or any interest in reading floppies. I collect some floppies monthly, but the vast majority of my ComiXology books were books I have zero interest in buying physical copies of. If the choice is between physical copies or no copies with the exception of Superman and Hulk comics I’ll just wait till the pop up on Infinite or Unlimited.
    I was thinking more to people that already used to buy comics and moved to digital after the pandemic. I can see that group going back to the LCS.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Many manga publishers do this for their big series. No idea why American publishers are behind on the times.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 03-15-2022 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Many manga publishers do this for their big series.No idea why American publishers are behind on the times.
    It is largely because comic shops and distributors are terrified about it tanking their sales. There was some article in the early days of the pandemic where one of the larger and more influential shops in the market wrote on how to revive comics and one of the points he made was to actually get rid of day of release digital sales. They are terrified of it. It’s clinging to that that prevents it.