Page 172 of 208 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3110
    BANNED

Looks like Dick Grayson will be a recurring part of the Super family from now on

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...11934748098564

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Looks like Dick Grayson will be a recurring part of the Super family from now on

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...11934748098564
    So long as Taylor is writing both, anyway.

It's rather ironic, that after all the "Jon should do more than just hang out with Robin" stuff, the biggest non-coming out related positive response with this book was him hanging out with a different Robin.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So long as Taylor is writing both, anyway.

It's rather ironic, that after all the "Jon should do more than just hang out with Robin" stuff, the biggest non-coming out related positive response with this book was him hanging out with a different Robin.
    If there is one things I expect in a Superman-related book is there to be something Batman-related. Vice versa for Batman. That's how deep interlocked these franchises are at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The state of Comixology is unreal. I'd be shocked if digital sales don't tank as a result. I'm curious if DC and Marvel have enough clout with them to force some changes to the storefront if sales do tank or if they simply abandon it and we see a same-day release option be added to Unlimited and Infinite at a different subscription price tier. I've muddled through the new store, but it's a disaster. Question is whether Amazon cares about Comixology enough to fix it.
    That's silly, they need to learn how to adapt to a changing market rather than stagnant. The U.S. is like the fourth or third biggest (fifth since manwha and webtoons are coming up, calling it now) in the world I think we can handle it.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 03-15-2022 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    If there is one things I expect in a Superman-related book is there to be something Batman-related. Vice versa for Batman. That's how deep interlocked these franchises are at this point.
    You can go months reading Batman books without getting anything Superman. Hell other franchises don’t suffer from constant Bat cameos as badly as the Super books do. You don’t see Batman constantly showing up in Wonder Woman or Aquaman, but for some reason writers can’t help shoving Batman into Superbooks. There’s an entire book solely for Superman/Batman team ups, we really do not need it, and I rarely have thought it was to a book’s benefit. Taylor’s brand of pandering to Twitter (which heavily favors the Batfamily over everyone else) is not a good thing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You can go months reading Batman books without getting anything Superman. Hell other franchises don’t suffer from constant Bat cameos as badly as the Super books do. You don’t see Batman constantly showing up in Wonder Woman or Aquaman, but for some reason writers can’t help shoving Batman into Superbooks. There’s an entire book solely for Superman/Batman team ups, we really do not need it, and I rarely have thought it was to a book’s benefit. Taylor’s brand of pandering to Twitter (which heavily favors the Batfamily over everyone else) is not a good thing.
    Kinda weird how Birdboy is gonna be Jon's mentor. What's he gonna mentor him on? Dude's got no powers!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Kinda weird how Birdboy is gonna be Jon's mentor. What's he gonna mentor him on? Dude's got no powers!
    He's gonna mentor him on how to be a spy i hope. Agent superman 007
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

How about not depending on your powers to solve every problem? Because, you know, not every problem can be solved by hitting it (which, btw, is a core concept of Tom Taylor's Superman). Or maybe about how to live under the shadow of a great hero (his father in Jon case or Batman if we are talking about Nightwing).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well, I'm not caught up on current books. I'm guessing it's a recent trend?

I think it was pretty clear with the latest issue just what Dick and Jon's relationship will be like moving forward. Personally I love what Taylor is doing on both books and hope it sticks around for a long time on both.

BANNED

Krypto is back in Issue 12

Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-18-2022 at 09:34 AM.

Krypto!!! Hope he shows up regularly from #12 on. He definitely isn't used enough these days.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Krypto!!! Hope he shows up regularly from #12 on. He definitely isn't used enough these days.
    I think in this case it was because King was using him in Supergirl.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah. If Kara and Krypto are back on Earth now, then the dog is free to appear in other books. With both Kara and Conner not currently having a book and Clark still away in space in Action, Superman: Son of Kal-El makes the most sense as his new home. And hey, this means he might get to meet Haley, Nightwing's three legged bitch!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I thought Woman of Tomorrow was out of continuity.