Page 173 of 208 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I thought Woman of Tomorrow was out of continuity.
    Nope, King actually made sure to say it was his first “in-continuity” book since Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nope, King actually made sure to say it was his first “in-continuity” book since Batman.
    So Kara aged four years in like, a week or something? Because she was 17 before Woman of Tomorrow.

She should've been older all along - the only reason she was stuck at 16 years old is because she was only rebooted in 2005 after having been killed off in Crisis on Infinite Earths nearly 20 years earlier, and then got rebooted with everyone else in 2011, which was later retconned as not being a reboot. Death Metal actually resulted in everything having happened (pre-Crisis, post-Crisis/pre-Flashpoint, New 52/Rebirth) unless there's a contradiction, in which case writers pick and choose (Bludhaven was never destroyed because Nightwing Rebirth would've been invalidated, for example). That should now mean that Kara's 2005 return was a resurrection, instead of a new origin - and I'm pretty sure she was in her 20s when she was killed off (Dick was 20 I think). She won't have aged while dead, which explains why she's now younger than Nightwing and not older like she was pre-Crisis.

Also, didn't Damian Wayne suddenly age three years at once for Teen Titans Rebirth? He has no such explanation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So Kara aged four years in like, a week or something? Because she was 17 before Woman of Tomorrow.
    Time flows as the writers/editors will it. Characters are stuck in place, or rapidly age, or rapidly deage all as the writers dictate. It’s weird to me that some can’t seem to grasp that, I never had any problem accepting it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I thought Woman of Tomorrow was out of continuity.
    It’s kind of like Superman up in the sky, there is nothing in the miniseries that necessarily says that it’s not canon.

One could argue over the final issue ending, but that was so far in the future as to be not really an issue.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Pretty cool cover for the Superman of the 21st Century.

Extraordinary Member

Superman: Son of Kal-El #10 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Cian Tomrey

I just keep being reminded of Taylors "Not actually the Suicide Squad" run every time I see the Liberators...

…well damn I guess maybe the fan theories about Jay might end up being true after all? I was expecting Taylor to veer away from doing anything potentially controversial with the relationship between the two, but the latest issue definitely seems to be setting up some major revelations about Jay coming up next.

The rumors about Jay already have me wondering what will happen with Jon's love life if Jay is revealed to be evil/a villain.

BANNED

I was hoping there'd be some relationship drama.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    The rumors about Jay already have me wondering what will happen with Jon's love life if Jay is revealed to be evil/a villain.
    Jon having a villain/anti-villain as an ongoing love interest would be to his benefit, that’s something Clark never had. Especially if they do go the Xavier/Magneto route with the subtext made text.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Jon having a villain/anti-villain as an ongoing love interest would be to his benefit, that’s something Clark never had. Especially if they do go the Xavier/Magneto route with the subtext made text.
    Well, Lois did drug Clark... Haha, I'm kidding. Interesting direction to take, but how long will it stick with other writers?