Page 174 of 208 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3110
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

so they were making Jay look shady on purpose
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Jon having a villain/anti-villain as an ongoing love interest would be to his benefit, that’s something Clark never had. Especially if they do go the Xavier/Magneto route with the subtext made text.
    It would also make Jay more interesting, especially if he's more of a rival than a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    It would also make Jay more interesting, especially if he's more of a rival than a villain.
    Maybe he’ll become Jon’s Manchester Black, Chester couldn’t stop commenting on Superman’s physique in S&tA and Morrison made him bisexual, so Jay could become the trash talker who clearly has the hots for the object of his criticism lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Well, Lois did drug Clark... Haha, I'm kidding. Interesting direction to take, but how long will it stick with other writers?
    That's why it's better for Taylor to nip his own romance in the bud, as some writers might not even want to stick to Jay period. Maybe all of Jon's ex-boyfriends will form a super villain group?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Agreed. It would open the door for many more story opportunities for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe he’ll become Jon’s Manchester Black, Chester couldn’t stop commenting on Superman’s physique in S&tA and Morrison made him bisexual, so Jay could become the trash talker who clearly has the hots for the object of his criticism lol.
    He'd better start dialing up the snark and learning how to roll his own cigs, heh.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

This has been bouncing around my head since the book launched and even the most ardent of supporters are starting to question why its been so bland or boring, so I posit this: do you guys think Taylor is purposefully turning in an inferior book so as to undermine aged up Jon and put on full display the inherent flaws caused by the age up? Like, even I could come up with some good ideas for a book about aged up Jon, but Taylor hasn't really done much of anything with the book (aside from Jon's bisexuality) except for making Jay a villain who manipulated Jon to get close to him but that's the only layer of interest present in the book because it's the only thing that has been properly built up.

On a side note, I'm calling it now that Jay is going from Jon's supposed love interest to villain, all of the people who's interest began and ended with fulfilling their MLM ship quota are going to be pissed at Taylor and call him homophobic for turning Jay into a villain even though Jay getting close to Jon and turning on him turns Jay into an actual character instead of a gay Millennial sterotype (which some of those people prefer for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    This has been bouncing around my head since the book launched and even the most ardent of supporters are starting to question why its been so bland or boring, so I posit this: do you guys think Taylor is purposefully turning in an inferior book so as to undermine aged up Jon and put on full display the inherent flaws caused by the age up? Like, even I could come up with some good ideas for a book about aged up Jon, but Taylor hasn't really done much of anything with the book (aside from Jon's bisexuality) except for making Jay a villain who manipulated Jon to get close to him but that's the only layer of interest present in the book because it's the only thing that has been properly built up.

On a side note, I'm calling it now that Jay is going from Jon's supposed love interest to villain, all of the people who's interest began and ended with fulfilling their MLM ship quota are going to be pissed at Taylor and call him homophobic for turning Jay into a villain even though Jay getting close to Jon and turning on him turns Jay into an actual character instead of a gay Millennial sterotype (which some of those people prefer for some reason).
    No the flaws of the book are because of Taylor’s style not the age up. Taylor as a writer relies heavily on fan service, SOKE is right in line with his writing style for SS, Earth 2, Dark Ages, DCeased, and everything else he’s written. He’s not someone who has any big ideas he wants to explore beyond the basic pitch of the story like “what if a zombie apocalypse happened/what if Superman turned evil/what if DC but fantasy?” He’s not a world builder as you can see with how paper thin the plot and setting is in DKoS. He’s a guy who writes books for Twitter and Twitter is the kind of place that loves Wayne Family Adventures where it’s just wholesome Batfamily adventures.

That said I’ve seen plenty of people who would rather see Jon date someone more interesting than Jay so I don’t anticipate that much backlash. There will be some but if Jon gets a new boyfriend, which he will as long as Taylor is writing since I don’t see him pairing Jon with a girl for the duration of this run (unless Jenny Quantum shows up), then I think most people will be fine. Of course this is all assuming this isn’t just the lead in to another fakeout
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    That's why it's better for Taylor to nip his own romance in the bud, as some writers might not even want to stick to Jay period. Maybe all of Jon's ex-boyfriends will form a super villain group?
    That would be very Scott Pilgrim of him. League of evil exes, Jon Kent vs the World.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post

It would be the opposite lol. Those types of shippers love enemies to lovers tropes, if anything it would bait them more. Jay isn't really going full villain if Taylor still frames him is like a less villainous version of magneto.

Spectacular Member

I just hope that if they do break up, Jon doesn't immediately revert "to the norm" and date a girl next. It would definitely harm his visibility as an LGBTQ+ icon among the masses, especially with the big deal media focus he received after issue 5. Maybe this would be a chance to hook him up with Tim (I know, not the "right" Robin, but probably the only one that's a viable option as a love interest at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I just hope that if they do break up, Jon doesn't immediately revert "to the norm" and date a girl next. It would definitely harm his visibility as an LGBTQ+ icon among the masses, especially with the big deal media focus he received after issue 5. Maybe this would be a chance to hook him up with Tim (I know, not the "right" Robin, but probably the only one that's a viable option as a love interest at this point).
    He is bisexual, so him not dating a girl simply because it isn't the "gay part" of bisexuality is a poor reason. Besides which, why date immediately after in the first place? And Tim? Just because he's bi too? That's, no. Just no.
    Why the hell am I defending fakeJon!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    He is bisexual, so him not dating a girl simply because it isn't the "gay part" of bisexuality is a poor reason. Besides which, why date immediately after in the first place? And Tim? Just because he's bi too? That's, no. Just no.
    Why the hell am I defending fakeJon!?
    Nah, you're on the money. Defending bisexuality and correcting harmful stereotypes is important regardless of the character.

There's no current Supergirl book, so they're using Jon as Dreamer's route into the main DC universe? Okay.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's no current Supergirl book, so they're using Jon as Dreamer's route into the main DC universe? Okay.
    He kind of is the one who is a natural fit for LGBT issues within the Superfamily.