Page 180 of 208 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3110

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    so is this jay being untrustworthy and just using jon to further is own agenda going to amount to nothing, because they keep promoting the two in lgbtq pride month and here in aapi heritage month. it just wouldn't make sense if taylor actually made jay a villain from a marketing stand point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    so is this jay being untrustworthy and just using jon to further is own agenda going to amount to nothing, because they keep promoting the two in lgbtq pride month and here in aapi heritage month. it just wouldn't make sense if taylor actually made jay a villain from a marketing stand point.
    Yeah, I just see this as a more affirming thing where Jay proves Bruce wrong about him and we wrap up the first year of the book with everyone in a good place. These two are going to be a big deal going forward whether we like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Yeah the revolutionaires being an aggressive organization of country overthrowers/former Suicide Squad members responsible for a few number of dead people, is 100% the problem I thought Bruce was going to have here. Which considering many of his past relationships is hypocrisy.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah the revolutionaires being an aggressive organization of country overthrowers/former Suicide Squad members responsible for a few number of dead people, is 100% the problem I thought Bruce was going to have here. Which considering many of his past relationships is hypocrisy.
    Well, really, just Talia.

I'd probably be more on Jon's side here if I actually cared about the Revolutionaries, but Taylor will probably keep supporting his characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, really, just Talia.

I'd probably be more on Jon's side here if I actually cared about the Revolutionaries, but Taylor will probably keep supporting his characters.
    What about Selina Kyle, Phantasm, and Jezebel Jet?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

What about Selina Kyle, Phantasm, and Jezebel Jet?
    I mean, Selina's not a terrorist and the worst thing she usually does is steal jewels.

He's never supported Andrea's killings.

Depending on your interpretation he was just using Jezebel the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Selina's not a terrorist and the worst thing she usually does is steal jewels.

He's never supported Andrea's killings.

Depending on your interpretation he was just using Jezebel the whole time.
    I’m not saying Bruce supported them, I just don’t think he has a leg to stand on when it comes to relationships with criminals considering his own history.
    Words to live by.

I’m not saying Bruce supported them, I just don’t think he has a leg to stand on when it comes to relationships with criminals considering his own history.
    If anything that makes him more qualified because he knows how it usually ends up.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

"They're not heroes like you, they don't hold back", something about that felt a little condescending. Jon letting his boyfriend throw shade at his moral values? I need Jon to get a spine.

Anyway starting the countdown to Jay going full Magneto and betraying Jon.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    "They're not heroes like you, they don't hold back", something about that felt a little condescending. Jon letting his boyfriend throw shade at his moral values? I need Jon to get a spine.
    Anyway starting the countdown to Jay going full Magneto and betraying Jon.
    It was a compliment.
    Jon is a hero.

Incredible Member

i think one thing this issue makes clear is that jay thinks that killing is okay as long as it saves people, which i assume will be the thing that ends the relationship between himself and jon.

unless taylor writes it so jon isn't bothered by that, which would be weird

BANNED

Batman giving a speech about how dangerous it is to date would-be villains, it's like Hannibal Lecter giving a speech against eating meat.

Great art. Jon performing heat vision surgery on Inferno was cool. Again though not much to talk about beyond a couple of decent character moments.
    i think one thing this issue makes clear is that jay thinks that killing is okay as long as it saves people, which i assume will be the thing that ends the relationship between himself and jon.

Yeah that stood out to me too. I firmly believe this is going to end with Jay and the Revolutionaries killing Bendix and that being the rift between Jon and Jay.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think that would actually be a great direction to take Jon's character making him Grey instead of a sunshine copy Clark would be lovely IMO