Page 182 of 208 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, now he's just another Superhero love interest with powers and a costume. Which, granted, is something his dad doesn't have right now, but still.

What, are we making him Phantom Boy or something...?
    He does have the same powers as Tinya Wazzo, doesn't he? I can see Jay being a bit more imaginative than to use a male version of her Phantom Girl codename though. His last name, Nakamura, is Japanese, maybe his codename should be as well? Obake, which means ghost?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Timms is on a new Batman, Inc book so that means he’s done with SSOKE for the foreseeable future.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Is it just me or is this run losing momentum?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    When did it have any?
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 05-31-2022 at 04:52 AM.

No. Taylor's Nightwing is losing momentum (and that is so disappointing). This run never had momentum.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, even sales reflect on that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    No. Taylor's Nightwing is losing momentum (and that is so disappointing)
    Dick in today's Dark Crisis special felt so much more like Dick.

Put it this way: Taylor's Dick tells Jon to suck on a lollypop, Williamson's Dick tells Jon to suck it up.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So how long before we see an incoming repeat of the Chris kent storyline where the love interest (Can't remember her name at the moment) throws herself in to the sun to help fix the issues from New Krypton, and Chris was de-aged. So Jay splits from Jon, and Jon gets de-aged closer to Damian's age. Seriously I feel like I'm in a weird repeat of Pre new 52 Superman stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So how long before we see an incoming repeat of the Chris kent storyline where the love interest (Can't remember her name at the moment) throws herself in to the sun to help fix the issues from New Krypton, and Chris was de-aged. So Jay splits from Jon, and Jon gets de-aged closer to Damian's age. Seriously I feel like I'm in a weird repeat of Pre new 52 Superman stories.
    Chris wasn’t a blood son and he also wasn’t bi or Superman, so I don’t think the situations are the same (despite the similarities being kinda crazy). I think it’s more likely you see Damian start aging up to where Jon is rather than the reverse.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Whoops wrong thread lol
    Last edited by 9th.; 06-04-2022 at 03:30 PM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    No. Taylor's Nightwing is losing momentum (and that is so disappointing). This run never had momentum.
    I haven't read Nightwing yet but after collecting about 10 issues of Superman Son of Kalel I had to stop. Just never seemed to get going.

Will likely revisit in trade form if I hear anything exciting or get curious to revisit it.

Taylor's best work for me is still DCEASED and Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Taylor's best work for me is still DCEASED and Injustice.
    For me it's DCeased and X-Men: Red. Injustice's story is just too damn tainted (not his fault). Nightwing had potential but the Fear State tie-ins really killed its flow, and now it's become even more apparent just how painfully slow things are moving in it. Almost as bad as they are in SoKE.

Pacing seems to be a big problem for him and Williamson lately. Except while Williamson moves too fast, Taylor goes at a friggin snail's pace and tries to cover it up with fanservice.

Extraordinary Member

Superman: Son of Kal-El #12 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Cian Tormey and Ruairi Coleman

News about issues #16-18 are coming next week. Probably going to be a tie in arc to Dark Crisis. Also Taylor has plans beyond that so this series might outlast Kenan as the longest running Superman solo not starring Clark.

I remember way back when PKJ mentioning he and Taylor wanted to do a crossover at some point. I’d wager that’s going to happen after Dark Crisis.

In an interview with AIPT, Taylor admits he would have preferred to have spent more time putting Jon and Jay in a relationship before the kiss, but it seems DC pushed him to write the kiss before last year's National Coming Out Day.