Page 193 of 208 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Go home, Jack. You're drunk. This isn't the fanfic thread.
    My poor headcanon for how main universe can be fixed in an exciting way.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    My poor headcanon for how main universe can be fixed in an exciting way.
    You better be fixing/replacing clark kent as well with that head canon of yours with the "real" one.

Cause their ain't nothin more exciting than the action ace.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I do wonder what the point of all of these teases of Superman being gone from the records at this point in history being mentioned if we know he comes back to Earth, I hope that comes back up as a plot point. Like maybe the united nations decides to start taking him out of historoy or something instead of just being brought up for no reason and only to confuse Jon.
    If the Legion is rebooted, this plot point would be resolved at the same time. Superman coming home may be a divergence from the Legion's version of history, causing the future to change, and overwriting the Legion Jon knows with a different version.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Superman: Son of Kal-El #16 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Cian Tormey

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    You better be fixing/replacing clark kent as well with that head canon of yours with the "real" one.

Cause their ain't nothin more exciting than the action ace.
    Nah, gotta go back further than that. Try more biblical...

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Superman: Son of Kal-El #16 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Cian Tormey

Huh so Jon and Jay are already getting intimate.

So did Jon just lose his virginity?

Huh? Jay's not even in the preview. There's a flashback to Jon's childhood, and then he gets up out of bed and talks to Lois.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Huh? Jay's not even in the preview. There's a flashback to Jon's childhood, and then he gets up out of bed and talks to Lois.
    Good! Jays a terrible character and I’m ok with him just never appearing again. If dc wants to give Jon a significant other they should make sure they have a personality
    Last edited by GhostCryptid13; 10-08-2022 at 05:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh okay I misread the page my bad.

I thought the page where he gets out of bad was 2 separate individuals, one in bed and the other putting their clothes on.

Spectacular Member

Superman Son of Kal-El is cancelled as of issue #18. Jon will go on to star in a six-issue miniseries written by Taylor in 2023.

This doesn't strike me as being indicative of a book that sold as well as Taylor claimed it was....

It’s pretty clear they’re taking his plans for SSOKE 19-24 and doing it as it’s own miniseries. My hope is that Taylor is resetting Jon (but not deaging him) for someone else to write at the end of AoS, preferably Watters or Yang, and then he’s either leaving the Superman side or maybe just doing a Val-Zod mini. He was clearly planning on using Jon to prop up Val the same way he’s been using Jon to prop up his other OCs like the Revolutionaries.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s pretty clear they’re taking his plans for SSOKE 19-24 and doing it as it’s own miniseries. My hope is that Taylor is resetting Jon He was clearly planning on using Jon to prop up Val the same way he’s been using Jon to prop up his other OCs like the Revolutionaries.
    Him using Jon to prop up his OCs makes me really mad. Val-Zod doesn’t need propping up anyways, he’s already a great character!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Him using Jon to prop up his OCs makes me really mad. Val-Zod doesn’t need propping up anyways, he’s already a great character!
    At this point, TF else is he good for? He's not the Superman holding an ongoing anymore. He's not the Superboy of the family anymore. And now Clark's got two new kids coming. Really curious about what their plans are for Jon after this, cuz dude's looking like he's on track to becoming the Tim Drake of the family in terms of me feeling like he doesn't have a purpose anymore XD

Either he's about to slowly get irrelevant as hell or he's finally gonna find a reason for existing that's not just being a less interesting version of someone else. Either way, he has my attention for the first time in a while.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    At this point, TF else is he good for? He's not the Superman holding an ongoing anymore. He's not the Superboy of the family anymore. And now Clark's got two new kids coming. Really curious about what their plans are for Jon after this, cuz dude's looking like he's on track to becoming the Tim Drake of the family in terms of me feeling like he doesn't have a purpose anymore XD

Either he's about to slowly get irrelevant as hell or he's finally gonna find a reason for existing that's not just being a less interesting version of someone else. Either way, he has my attention for the first time in a while.
    That’s what worries me. The 2 kids probably won’t be relevant and most would want kid Jon back, which DC refuses to do for some stupid reason. I have no clue what they’re going to do with Jon. Maybe make him a multiverse Superman? But that’s not very interesting in my opinion. They could shove him with the Legion again, but that’d be dumb too.

If I was DC I’d de-age him and have his story be about discovering new powers as the first “true” Kryptonian hybrid, while the new twins’ story would be about learning about Krypton and eventually making a new one somewhere in the cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    "Jon was aged up because he'd be the Superman of 5G" still confuses me. The whole idea was that there'd be a time skip, you don't need to age anyone up "unnaturally" if there's going to be a time skip soon enough.

But then again DC have made more absurd decisions than that in the past.
    The 5G time-skip was only 5 years. I'm guessing they didn't want 15-year old Jon as Superman.