Page 198 of 208 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3110
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I can tell you as a gay man that will not happen. The only "backlash" will come from people who think there would be backlash even though they never actually talked to a queer person about a tweenage boy being bi. It's a huge presumption that is very easily disproved.
    Inviting the banhammer elsewhere anyway so since this has (admittedly disproportionately) stuck in me like a thorn in a paw I'll double-back here and say lol, **** you dude. 'Only virtue-signaling cishet weenies would dislike literally unmaking a character's status down to his personal timeline separate from the rest of the universe as Queer Superman the instant the headlines taper off' eat **** my guy
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Inviting the banhammer elsewhere anyway so since this has (admittedly disproportionately) stuck in me like a thorn in a paw I'll double-back here and say lol, **** you dude. 'Only virtue-signaling cishet weenies would dislike literally unmaking a character's status down to his personal timeline separate from the rest of the universe as Queer Superman the instant the headlines taper off' eat **** my guy

what? You let random forum posts bother you that much you're still thinking it about a month later? lmao

And yes, only virtue-signaling cishet weenies would dislike it because they only care about the performance of representation and not why it actually matters because if they did they would be busting Tom Taylor's balls for not even once writing the word bisexual in any issue of his comic. Explicitly stating a character's orientation, especially one that is attracted to more than one gender like bisexuality, prevents the erasure of queer characters because it would stop anyone from ever being able to deny that the character is actually that orientation but they wouldn't know that.

If they actually cared, they would know there's more to queer representation than just a queer character kissing another of the same sex. If they actually cared, they would know why a tweenage queer character, especially one that is the son of the prototype for all superheroes, is infinitely more important for queer representation than another dime-a-dozen young adult queer character that's not actually Superman and never will be no matter how badly you or DC wants it, so long as the real one is still around but go off, I guess.
    Last edited by garazza; 11-11-2022 at 11:10 PM.

I really love how Clark Kent being back doesn't make Jon Kent any less of a real Superman.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Yeah, it is pretty embarrassing I remembered it, but I figured scorched Earth anyway so in for a penny. I guess have fun in dreamworld where he gets deaged and DC on anything short of pain of death textually acknowledges him wanting to kiss a boy past maybe a blush per decade and exactly one OGN ever; this bi guy will definitely consider that just as enticing an idea as Superman being like me.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Yeah, it is pretty embarrassing I remembered it, but I figured scorched Earth anyway so in for a penny. I guess have fun in dreamworld where he gets deaged and DC on anything short of pain of death textually acknowledges him wanting to kiss a boy past maybe a blush per decade and exactly one OGN ever; this bi guy will definitely consider that just as enticing an idea as Superman being like me.
    I guess you also hated how the character of Luz in The Owl House's bisexuality was handled in season 3 because of how simple and benign it was? You know you can demand better representation, you don't have to accept whatever slop DC puts in front of you. What the hell do you think I've been doing? Heaven forbid Jon be a character that has strengths and weakness and grows up and learns lessons who also just so happens to be bi instead of the most perfect character ever who can do no wrong because he's queer.

I'd love for a bi Superman if after having his own son come out of the closet he feels inspired and comfortable to come out too even though he's middle aged and married thus showing to the world (both the DC universe and the real world) that it's never too late to come out, even if you're Superman, but I don't think you're ready for that conversation.
    Last edited by garazza; 11-11-2022 at 11:56 PM.

I'd love for Jon Kent's Superman to marry Jay Nakamura and they can have kids and live well into their middle ages.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I guess you also hated how the character of Luz in The Owl House's bisexuality was handled in season 3 because of how simple and benign it was? You know you can demand better representation, you don't have to accept whatever slop DC puts in front of you. What the hell do you think I've been doing? Heaven forbid Jon be a character that has strengths and weakness and grows up and learns lessons who also just so happens to be bi instead of the most perfect character ever who can do no wrong because he's queer.

I'd love for a bi Superman if after having his own son come out of the closet he feels inspired and comfortable to come out too even though he's middle aged and married thus showing to the world (both the DC universe and the real world) that it's never too late to come out, even if you're Superman, but I don't think you're ready for that conversation.
    Swap bi for gay, and We literally just had that with Alan Scott and Obsidian.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I'd love for Jon Kent's Superman to marry Jay Nakamura and they can have kids and live well into their middle ages]
    Jon grows old with Damien last I checked mate.

Spectacular Member

Damian and Jon almost certainly live together at some point with super powered grandkids of unknown origin and heritage

We don’t really know the nature of their relationship either

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Swap bi for gay, and We literally just had that with Alan Scott and Obsidian.
    And is there a quota on characters that can come out later in life? ¿Por que no los dos?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Damian and Jon almost certainly live together at some point with super powered grandkids of unknown origin and heritage

We don’t really know the nature of their relationship either
    If it takes place in the future, I don't like to think of it as contributing to characters in the present.

I personally don't care whether they're an old married couple or just two grandpas watching their grandkids, it changes nothing about what I like about them as a kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Jon grows old with Damien last I checked mate.
    As friends... I'm a bit perplexed that you're trying to insinuate there's anything romantic there! Or that it counts at all, considering DC has no canonical future and the universe has certainly been rebooted since then.

Ugh, that ship gives me the creeps.

Anyways, I'm really excited for Jon Kent's relationship with Jay Nakamura to develop into marriage in a few decades or so!

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Ugh, that ship gives me the creeps.
    Man, why do I have to agree with you on something?
    Keep Damian and Jon as friends. Brothers from other mothers even, so to say. But not a ship. Not those two. I draw a similar line with the original trinity as well, with Jason and Artemis Grace being about the sole exceptions.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Whats the expectation on Jay's life expectancy (relationship wise, not whether he'll actually die) if Taylor is off the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Man, why do I have to agree with you on something?
    After that Kevin Conroy comparison, I'd really rather you didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Whats the expectation on Jay's life expectancy (relationship wise, not whether he'll actually die) if Taylor is off the book?
    I think it's cope if people believe Jon Kent and his amor de su vida!!! Jay will break up when the next writer for Jon Kent's Superman takes the reins.