Page 205 of 208 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208 LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I want those kids gone IdGAf it pisses me off they got Lois & Clark taking in strays when neither of them has truly addressed how they fucked up with Jon by abandoning him but sure throw more kids at em.

Straight forward and right to the point,the point I think a lot of ppl feel they should have addressed by now
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

How is teen Jon so boring it makes no sense all they’ve done is make him a bi Gary Stu Like considering he has all this “trauma” he’s so ridiculously well adjusted like what’s the point of an already stupid story if you’re not even gonna capitalize on it yes it’s gonna get addressed nex run okay but it’s by the same author so same voice I’m not expecting much, it bothers me honestly how Jon was abandoned by Clark & Lois, Lois specifically just missed the dick if you wanna keep it 100 so she said “**** you son I’m out go with a stranger” & this **** is barely addressed he’s still so plain like where’s the angst the anger give me something they make him so annoyingly perfect for what & now Jon’s whole thing is “I’m a person” well he doesn’t even act like 1 Taylor has him stuck trying to hold the ultimate moral high ground when in truth with the **** they set up with his BS age up it should be the opposite Jon has every right to be pissed with his parents that’s what I wanna see stop with the no punching **** give him a personality beyond him now also liking boys.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Kid Jon and teen Jon are the same character, it’s not really a competition to win. Like Phillip Kennedy Johnson is saying in interviews, Clark now has 2 younger children that can fill the void we lost with kid Jon for those that want Superman acting as a father figure to younger children.
    Lol… what?

Look, Teen Jon and Kid Jon are so dramatically different that they are the “same character” in name only. The writers have failed to carry over any attachment the fans had from Kid Jon to Teen Jon because they literally skipped years of pivotal character development. No amount of shilling is going to fix that.

And the twins while a nice gesture just draw attention to they killed off a fan favorite character and now have made 3 half-asses replacements that just further fan hatred

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I do not envy PKJ here especially when he says those things, its very obviously mandated corpo speak.

It sucks to be stuck with a terrible direction enforced by the higher ups that you have to constantly write around.

The fact he had to bring in new kids is basically admitting that Jon's age-up left a gap that he has to fill in somehow.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about them, but I'm genuinely curious to see how well the twins take off.
    There has already been a lot of new fan art featuring them with the rest of the super family since they were first announced, I imagine they’ll be kept around for a while. Especially since next year will be a big jumping on point for Superman comics with the dawn of dc push, the new Cartoon Network show and Supergirl being a main character in the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Then PKJ has fundamentally misunderstood what fans have been consistently saying for 5 years without any variation. It's always been "de-age Jon Kent," not "Give Lois and Clark more kids" or "Let Lois and Clark be parents again." That phrase could not ever be misunderstood to mean anything other than make Jon a kid again. The problem has always centered around Jon and his being a kid and what was missed out from that and funnily enough has little to do with his parents raising children.

If PKJ thinks he can fill the void left by Jon being aged up with characters that are not named Jon Kent and fans will be happy, he is sadly mistaken and I can't possibly think why he thinks that's the solution.
    I don’t think he expects all of the kid Jon fanatics that are still upset about him being aged up to be ok it, but I imagine the more rational and understanding fans that can accept Jon is older and just miss Clark and Lois getting to be parents to younger kryptonians will appreciate that status quo return.

You could have a kid Jon and the twins around at the same time, you know.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

There has already been a lot of new fan art featuring them with the rest of the super family since they were first announced, I imagine they’ll be kept around for a while. Especially since next year will be a big jumping on point for Superman comics with the dawn of dc push, the new Cartoon Network show and Supergirl being a main character in the flash.

I don’t think he expects all of the kid Jon fanatics that are still upset about him being aged up to be ok it, but I imagine the more rational and understanding fans that can accept Jon is older and just miss Clark and Lois getting to be parents to younger kryptonians will appreciate that status quo return.
    No "rational" fan gets it..They just accepted and moved on.Cause comics suck and that's life.It ain't about clark nor lois.Jon's development needs to happen with jon.I don't care for clark nor lois doing anything.I am willing to bet i am not the only one.They can fly away somewhere for all i care.As far as jon is concerned clark and lois had specific functions and roles.They only need to be there when that's happening and get development that way.For instance,busting jon when he does something stupid or learning that damian can be very loyal company.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-26-2022 at 07:40 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Also, if the twins are the next big thing, why aren't they getting a series of back-ups instead of kid!Jon?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Also, if the twins are the next big thing, why aren't they getting a series of back-ups instead of kid!Jon?
    Well TBF they are already very involved in the main AC plot so giving them a back-up is kinda unnecessary since all that can just be shown in the main series.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 12-26-2022 at 11:32 PM.

Fanatics?? The more rational??

Really? Are back handed insults really necessary?

Can ask you a question how long have been reading comics??

Because I find this position really bizarre given the history of typically occurs when these base breaking decisions are made.

Out of curiosity do you consider Hal Jordan and Barry Allen fans fanatics for wanting the original characters restored after they were replaced for over a decade? How writing out Cassandra Cain or when they rebooted Wally West? The Green lantern corps being wiped out? Steve Trevor being too old to date Wonder Woman? Connor being killed? Superman being single again?
    Last edited by dreyga2000; 12-26-2022 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Fanatics?? The more rational??

Really? Are back handed insults really necessary?

Can ask you a question how long have been reading comics??

Because I find this position really bizarre given the history of typically occurs when these base breaking decisions are made.

Out of curiosity do you consider Hal Jordan and Barry Allen fans fanatics for wanting the original characters restored after they were replaced for over a decade? How writing out Cassandra Cain or when they rebooted Wally West? The Green lantern corps being wiped out? Steve Trevor being too old to date Wonder Woman? Connor being killed? Superman being single again?
    A majority of people never wanted Barry Allen to come back in the first place. Should've stayed in Speedster Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    You could have a kid Jon and the twins around at the same time, you know.
    He'd probably want siblings at one point. Most little kids do and im sure its more likely he would because he's a single kid. So him being a big brother to the twins would've been good for kid jon.

Ironically if Chris aka Lor-Zod grew up with Jon they'd have Jon and Jordan's dynamic from the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    A majority of people never wanted Barry Allen to come back in the first place. Should've stayed in Speedster Heaven!
    Those were Wally West fans probably. And given how things turned out in the New 52, I don't blame them.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-27-2022 at 07:03 AM.

I sincerely doubt the twins are going to last, no one outside of PKJ seems all that invested in them or are even acknowledging their existence and its telling that almost a year into their debut most responses to them are still "Who dat?"

Let's be real here the reason we refer to them as the "twins" is because most of us still can't remember their names or which is Osul and which is Otho (and yes I did just have to Google that) and now the moment when they need development the most to really establish them (as they're still rather generic) they'll be competing for panel time with 6 or more other Super people and likely to get lost in the crowd.

I think their chances would've been improved if PKJ had just introduced a sole girl and given Clark and Lois a daughter to go along with Jon as its easier to latch onto and get invested in a sole character than a duo that feel less like two individuals but rather part of a matching set, Tv Tropes would class the twins as "The Dividual".

A more eye catching design also wouldn't of hurt.
    Last edited by walk; 12-27-2022 at 07:00 AM.

I thought Taylor's run is decent but it didn't click with me much so I dropped it along with Yara's run.

Right now CW Jon and Jordan are better versions of Teen Jon so I'm just looking at it as fodder for them to explore. Just give CW Jon the electric powers and make Jordan the phasing powers Superman red had.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    I sincerely doubt the twins are going to last, no one outside of PKJ seems all that invested in them or are even acknowledging their existence and its telling that almost a year into their debut most responses to them are still "Who dat?"

Let's be real here the reason we refer to them as the "twins" is because most of us still can't remember their names or which is Osul and which is Otho (and yes I did just have to Google that) and now the moment when they need development the most to really establish them (as they're still rather generic) they'll be competing for panel time with 6 or more other Super people and likely to get lost in the crowd.

I think their chances would've been improved if PKJ had just introduced a sole girl and given Clark and Lois a daughter to go along with Jon as its easier to latch onto and get invested in a sole character than a duo that feel less like two individuals but rather part of a matching set, Tv Tropes would class the twins as "The Dividual".

A more eye catching design also wouldn't of hurt.
    If I had a dollar for every time people said new characters wouldn't last, then they lasted, I wouldn't have to pay off my college tuition.