Page 21 of 208 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I have an idea.let's make krypto the next superman.Anyone?Krypto's male right?He's not human.big deal.clark ain't either.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    She's not the greatest hero in the DCU. Superman is.

Do you think Supergirl is the greatest hero in the DCU?
    It doesn’t matter what I think because heroism is not a CONTEST to be won. Which seems to be part of the problem with your reasoning and commentary.

Astonishing Member

No one forced him to write Injustice and DCeased.

He knew what kind of story he was asked to write and he went along with it.
    Lol, what?
    Injustice first of all is freaking a game. Idea with Clark killing Lois and going mad doesn't belong to Taylor, it belongs to Injustice developers. He was asked to do the story, he did it, that's all, he doesn't have to say no just because some fans will cry.
    And he wrote Clark pretty good in DCeased, it's not just him who was turned into zombie, it was entire Justice League.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 04-23-2021 at 08:38 AM.

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    None of us have read the book yet!!! That’s the entire point. It feels like you are being purposefully obtuse at this point.

No one has been more critical of the way Lois Lane was treated in Injustice Gods Among Us than me. I’m the queen of yelling about the way she’s mistreated. I do think Tom Taylor at least tries to be kind about Lois to fans which is more than I can say about most of these guys including Philip Kennedy Johnson who has been off-putting, cold and defensive.

But any issues or fear you have with Tom Taylor are ::separate: concerns and not actually part and parcel to the point here which is that your logic for why Jon should not be allowed to be called Superman is inconsistent and deeply flawed.

If you just believe, as many do, that Superman shouldn’t have a legacy hero that’s fine and just say that. It’s a controversial topic for sure and people will agree or not agree and that’s ok. But making up rules —that you can’t even apply consistently—for why Jon specifically just shouldn’t be allowed to use this name —when again you aren’t applying your own rules fairly—is where you completely lose me.
    My rules as you say are that for someone to use the name SuperMAN they have to become the greatest hero in the DCU against all odds. That is to use the mantle SuperMAN, not SuperGirl or SuperWoman or SuperBoy but SuperMan. I didn't say a character couldn't have Super in their name or use the family crest, that is something you made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Lol, what?
    Injustice first of all is freaking a game. Idea with Clark killing Lois and going mad doesn't belong to Taylor, it belongs to Injustice developers. He was asked to do the story, he did it, that's all, he doesn't have to say no just because some fans will cry.
    And he wrote Clark pretty good in DCeased, it's not just him who was turned into zombie, it was entire Justice League.
    He didn't have to say no but he can't expect Superman fans like me to trust him after what he's written.

BANNED

My rules as you say are that for someone to use the name SuperMAN they have to become the greatest hero in the DCU against all odds. That is to use the mantle SuperMAN, not SuperGirl or SuperWoman or SuperBoy but SuperMan. I didn't say a character couldn't have Super in their name or use the family crest, that is something you made up.
    Your “rules” imply by your own admission that you think men are superior to women because you didn’t hold Kara to the same standard to which you are holding SuperMAN. You’ve dug yourself a deeper and deeper hole the more you argue this

That’s the problem. And I’m done here.

It doesn’t matter what I think because heroism is not a CONTEST to be won. Which seems to be part of the problem with your reasoning and commentary.
    It's not a contest but some heroes are greater than others.

Superman is a greater hero than Plastic Man. Do you disagree?

My rules as you say are that for someone to use the name SuperMAN they have to become the greatest hero in the DCU against all odds.
    a hero.gentlemen.The greatest in dc .

Nice wedgie.btw.

Your “rules” imply by your own admission that you think men are superior to women because you didn’t hold Kara to the same standard to which you are holding SuperMAN. You’ve dug yourself a deeper and deeper hole the more you argue this

That’s the problem. And I’m done here.
    Superman is the greatest hero in the Universe and Kara isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    a hero.gentlemen.The greatest in dc .

Nice wedgie.btw.
    That's when he saved Lois Lane.

Calling him a hero is right.

Yeeeah I'm one of the people who is firmly, 100% against Jon being Superman (and 100% for Kara taking that spot if Clark doesn't want it anymore). But to say that he has no claim to the title/role or that he and Kara can't have it because they're not as good as Clark is just ludicrous.

Superman is a name that his mother coined and that his father chose to go by. At the end of the day, that's all it is. A name. And if either of them wants to pass it down to their son and he's willing to inherit that name then there is no reason why he can't. I'd prefer if he decided not to be Superman. But that doesn't mean he has no claim to that name. It's just as much a part of his family as the House of El's crest.

The same goes for Kara. Obviously she wouldn't be Superman. But if Clark was like "You know what? Take over for me until Jon's ready/if Jon doesn't want to" there would be nothing wrong with that. She's been around long enough and done enough to more than earn that kind of trust from her cousin.

I'm not a fan of mantles being passed down like that but there is no logical reason for why it can't be in this case.

I have an idea.let's make krypto the next superman.Anyone?Krypto's male right?He's not human.big deal.clark ain't either.
    Yeah, after reading last couple of pages I definetely could use some Krypto.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Is it really so hard for some people to understand that this is not Taylor's idea?
    Seriously. There's a lot in Injustice you could hold against Taylor. But the Lois thing was something established in the games, not his story. He had to abide by the games. And in the world that Neatherrealm established, that is what happened to Lois. That is what happened to Clark. He had no say in any of that aside from the exact circumstances. Could he have turned down the shot to write the tie in books? Yeah. But maybe he didn't want to. Maybe he likes the Injustice games and the story that Netherrealm built. There's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean he's not a fan of Superman or Lois, or that he won't do a good job with them..

It sucks but its just an alternate universe. Its not like him being okay with anything there automatically means he'd be okay with it in the main universe.

I loved DCeased but I wouldn't want any of the things we saw there to happen in the main universe. Sometimes you just gotta remember these things are just an AU.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, after reading last couple of pages I definetely could use some Krypto.
    That's the spirit.We all need a krypto in ourlives.He's good boy.#krypto4superman

That's when he saved Lois Lane.

Calling him a hero is right.
    Sure,only lois didn't feel saved.She was more scared of clark.Symbol of hope can be scarier than Batman.I don't think that clark was trying to be a hero or would call himself that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-23-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Sure,only lois didn't feel saved.She was more scared of clark.Symbol of hope can be scarier than Batman.I don't think that clark was trying to be a hero or would call himself that.
    He saved her from getting kidnapped. He's a hero.