Page 3 of 208 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I pretty much hate the Injustice storyline with a passion but the books made me hate it a bit less so...that's a win I guess lol
    To me he just took a concept that sucked and just made it worse; Wonder Woman being the biggest one.

BANNED

Taylor didn't do anything to Lois in Injustice. It was his job to write a book that coincided with the games and that's what he did. Lois' death was the catalyst for the game's story so that's what he had to write. Get mad at Neatherrealm Studios for fridging her. Not Taylor.
    Incorrect. He was hired to write a story about evil Superman. It was Taylor who decided to do what he did to Lois. That was his concept. He admitted as much when he did it years ago.

And you know what? It’s done. I’m not interested in arguing about injustice bc it can’t be undone and I do think he was sorry. But I can and will hold him accountable for the rollout of a book about Jon Kent that doesn’t once mention in the Hollywood Reporter press release that this kid has a mother. That is extremely sexist, it’s erasure and it’s not ok.

This is not “insert your own woman” Adventure. Jon’s mother is not some mystery. She is known. And launching a book about him and marginalizing her this much is exactly what everyone on here mad at PKJ predicted would happen and....it did. We were right.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 04-21-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Tom Taylor is actually a great guy and he’s a good writer. I like him.

But I’m beyond furious at the way this book was marketed as Lois not even being a factor and Taylor of ALL people owes Lois Lane big time as a mother after what he did to her in Injustice so this slight coming from him is an egregious offense.
    It's not my place to say anything about the name of the book, people feel like they should and that's a valid point.

But about Injustice, i think you're talking about Lois being killed? That wasn't his choice. She was already dead in the game storyline.

I don't hold against him the choices that the game already had made. I mean, he killed Nightwing in one of the most stupid ways ever, but i'm loving his work on the Nightwing book.
    Last edited by Drako; 04-21-2021 at 07:53 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Absolutely no interest in this one. They've butchered this character.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

This is kind of a weird positive for me as I dislike Jon.

This is cool for his fans and I can just not get this book, which is okay with me as I'm also not big on what Tom Taylor does. His recent Suicide Squad run was really fun (a word I don't tend to associate with him).

I tried the first two PKJ issues and really disliked them but will see how he deals with solo Clark in space. In the meantime, I'll try the bizarre decision to pair Superman and the Authority by Grant Morrison, who I also find really hit and miss.

So, all in all, not a great time to be a Superman fan for me. Lol.

At least I get King on Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's not my place to say anything about the name of the book, people feel like they should and that's a valid point.

But about Injustice, i think you're talking about Lois being killed? That wasn't his choice. She was already dead in the game storyline.

I don't hold against him the choices that the game already had made. I mean, he killed Nightwing in one of the most stupid ways ever, but i'm loving his work on the Nightwing book.
    I did not like the way Kyle Rayner died either. That was way too hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I'm actually weirdly excited for that even though I've hated the past two big projects King's done for DC. I keep thinking "There's no way he could mess this up. This might actually be good for him." but then....I thought the same thing about Bendis' Young Justice and that turned out to be his worst book.

Astonishing Member

If anyone is interested, Taylor confirmed on twitter, that Damian will appear in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    And just in case anyone was confused "The action begins on July 13 as a new ongoing monthly series, Superman: Son of Kal-El, replaces the current Superman monthly title. Written by Tom Taylor (Nightwing, DCeased, Suicide Squad) with art by John Timms (Young Justice, Harley Quinn), this series follows the new adventures of the son of Superman as he’s entrusted with the protection of Earth."

Superman: Son of Kal-El does in fact replace the normal Superman title as the ongoing. So it'll be Taylor on Son of Kal-El, and PKJ on Action.
    Wow, that means they're retiring the current Superman logo, which has only had minor modifications since the 1940s. The only other time the logo was dropped was in the electric blue/red era (which only lasted a year), and that time the classic logo type was still on the Supergirl and Superboy books. But Supergirl has a different logo at the moment, and Conner doesn't have a solo book, so this time the logo will be completely gone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'm actually weirdly excited for that even though I've hated the past two big projects King's done for DC. I keep thinking "There's no way he could mess this up. This might actually be good for him." but then....I thought the same thing about Bendis' Young Justice and that turned out to be his worst book.
    I'm a big fan of Tom King and Up in the Sky is probably my favourite Superman book since Morrison's run on Action. Can't wait to see SG.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/new-super...action-comics/

So the new Superman title is officially announced, by Tom Taylor and John Timms.

Well the title is a nice touch.
    Hard pass for me. I'll stick with President Superman (Calvin Ellis) and other far more interesting AU versions until/unless Bland Teen Jon is de-aged. Bendis developments free is how I need to be.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If anyone is interested, Taylor confirmed on twitter, that Damian will appear in the series.
    Hooray, I'm glad to see friends together again
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Well, NOW, that's dipping my interests a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    This is kind of a weird positive for me as I dislike Jon.

This is cool for his fans and I can just not get this book, which is okay with me as I'm also not big on what Tom Taylor does. His recent Suicide Squad run was really fun (a word I don't tend to associate with him).

I tried the first two PKJ issues and really disliked them but will see how he deals with solo Clark in space. In the meantime, I'll try the bizarre decision to pair Superman and the Authority by Grant Morrison, who I also find really hit and miss.

So, all in all, not a great time to be a Superman fan for me. Lol.

This is very funny to me as well because it’s kind of a win win. If Taylor botches this then they may give up and deage Jon and Taylor will hopefully never be allowed near Superman again. If he succeeds then it means Bendis’ run will have staying power which as a fan of Bendis pleases me greatly.

But hey don’t forget man, you’ve got Superman ‘78 for your classic Clark Kent take on the character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wow, that means they're retiring the current Superman logo, which has only had minor modifications since the 1940s. The only other time the logo was dropped was in the electric blue/red era (which only lasted a year), and that time the classic logo type was still on the Supergirl and Superboy books. But Supergirl has a different logo at the moment, and Conner doesn't have a solo book, so this time the logo will be completely gone.
    Hm I guess you’re right. They may give Jon a new costume down the line though, but I am excited to see Clark wearing the Kingdom Come S-shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Where exactly is this line going?
    Where we’ve been saying for a while: Jon is the hot new Superman who doesn’t come with Clark’s baggage but still has the iconic nature of being the son of Superman and Lois. There’s no iconic love interest that he has to be with like there is for Clark, there’s complete freedom to have Jon screw up or act in ways people would never accept from Clark, basically Jon is their attempt at soft rebooting the franchise. Why they’re going with Jon when the film side is going in a completely different direction and everywhere else is still focusing on Clark well I have no clue.
    Of course, Mr. Cheap Fanservice was never not going to use Damian or bring in the Batcharacters.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hm I guess you’re right. They may give Jon a new costume down the line though, but I am excited to see Clark wearing the Kingdom Come S-shield.
    I wasn't talking about the S shield (which Clark will still be wearing in Action Comics), I mean the Superman title logo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman