Page 30 of 208 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Seems to me Dc's trying to compromise by giving fans another run of Supersons [how are the sales? Are they decent enough for Dc to abandon their bigger picture plans for the Superverse?]

I don't see Jon being de-aged. Being vocal online will not change the decision unless we are talking Snyderverse level of bargaining power. DC is a Business so they will always follow the money. If Supersons isn't doing serious impressive numbers DC's not going back on the age-up. All sign's indicate that for DC/WB Jon is a key part of their reshaping of the Superverse.

I'll check out Taylor book while hoping that Challenge of the SS sells well enough to ensure a follow up.
    Last edited by Fergus; 04-25-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Seems to me Dc's trying to compromise by giving fans another run of Supersons [how are the sales? Are they decent enough for Dc to abandon their bigger picture plans for the Superverse?]

I don't see Jon being de-aged. Being vocal online will not change the decision unless we are talking Snyderverse level of bargaining power. DC is a Business so they will always follow the money. If Supersons isn't doing serious impressive numbers DC's not going back on the age-up. All sign's indicate that for DC/WB Jon is a key part of their reshaping of the Superverse.

I'll check out Taylor book while hoping that Challenge of the SS sells well enough to ensure a follow up.
    I'm really hoping there's something after Challenge. But from the look of the solicits, it was actually never meant to be a full blown series and will end after #14. I've done my part to support it and I really hope we get more. But I'm not holding my breath on that.

When it comes to financials, Super Sons has to sell better than expected, which I think it has because it's the book DC launched it's new wave of digital-first books with which includes Second Son, the book DC has a much greater interest in than all of the Superbooks combined.

By the same token, the main Superbooks have to sell less than expected in order to show that the money isn't where the biggest push is. A vocal social media campaign, a boycott of the mainline Superman books, and supporting Challenge of the Super Sons are just three parts of the same strategy to get DC to listen to fans. It must be working because they put Taylor on a book, so you know they're desperate.
    Last edited by garazza; 04-25-2021 at 03:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hmmm...Jon, Earth-3 teenage resistance fighter and symbol of hope to an evil world would be a neat idea. Of course it would have to be on the pre-2021 version of Earth-3.
    Yeah, I suppose that's true..with a rebooted earth 3, that once again messes up part of Jon's past. He really does have some of the most complicated history in comics.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I think Taylor exploring more of the off camera Legion stuff is a better use of his and our time over the Earth-3 stuff. Like, is Jon still an active member? Are he and Saturn Girl still dating? How're they keeping that going? And maybe it's time he really grew up, moved on, and put both feet in his time and Earth?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

God, I forgot about the Legion...suddenly exploring his time on Earth-3 doesn't sound like such a bad idea :/

Legion is best forgotten & lost to time. That's pretty much that team's lifestory.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I think Taylor exploring more of the off camera Legion stuff is a better use of his and our time over the Earth-3 stuff. Like, is Jon still an active member? Are he and Saturn Girl still dating? How're they keeping that going? And maybe it's time he really grew up, moved on, and put both feet in his time and Earth?
    I enjoyed Bendis's Legion even if it got caught off before it really got started. So I don't mind if the Legion pops up from time to time in Taylor's run.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Default Hey DC

One more opinion isn't worth much, but here's mine for the record.

I don't dislike Jon, but I don't particularly like him either. I'm kind of Jon-neutral. The character I really do like is Superman, which is why I'll keep reading Action Comics, but won't be reading this new Superman: Son of Kal-El title. Are you listening, DC?

Tom Taylor and John Timms are fine, got nothing against them. On a different title I might get their work. But I want nothing to do with this Jon as Superman business, and won't be reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Street View Post
    One more opinion isn't worth much, but here's mine for the record.

I don't dislike Jon, but I don't particularly like him either. I'm kind of Jon-neutral. The character I really do like is Superman, which is why I'll keep reading Action Comics, but won't be reading this new Superman: Son of Kal-El title. Are you listening, DC?

Tom Taylor and John Timms are fine, got nothing against them. On a different title I might get their work. But I want nothing to do with this Jon as Superman business, and won't be reading it.
    I think this is the view of a far larger contingent of readers than DC realizes. People like Clark far more than people like Jon.

Jon’s Future State book sold better than Clark’s did though. So what does that tell everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Jon’s Future State book sold better than Clark’s did though. So what does that tell everyone?
    Wait really? Source?

None of the FS Superbooks broke the top ten, so what does that say? As for your actual question, I think it's because Clark's book wasn't what was advertised. People expected gladiator Superman and they got people talking about Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Wait really? Source?
    The best selling Superman Future State books were Jon’s and House of El. But Jon even beat Worlds at War the second month. It appears there is some audience for exploring the legacy of Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Comichron did a projection of the Future State books sales:

January 2021 Superman related books ranking

14 - Future State Superman of Metropolis #1

17 - Future State Superman Wonder Woman #1

19 - Future State Superman Worlds of War #1

23 - Future State Batman Superman #1

27 - Future State Suicide Squad #1 (feat. Conner)

28 - Future State Legion of Super-Heroes #1

32 - Future State Kara Zor-El Superwoman #1

34 - Legion of Super-Heroes #12

35 - Future State Superman Vs Imperious Lex #1

Source: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...2021-01DC.html

February 2021 Superman related books ranking

13 - Future State Superman House of El #1

15 - Future State Superman of Metropolis #2

17 - Future State Superman Worlds of War #2

20 - Future State Superman Wonder Woman #2

21 - Future State Batman Superman #2

29 - Future State Legion of Super-Heroes #2

30 - Future State Suicide Squad #2

31 - Future State Superman Vs Imperious Lex #2

33 - Future State Kara Zor-El Superwoman #2

Source: https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...021-02DC.htmlp

House of El selling so well will hopefully mean we get more of that time period. I’d buy a Future State: House of El book like the Gotham one coming (that book sounds so boring, Gotham being a dystopian hellhole run by fascists is just regular Gotham lmao)
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/