Page 34 of 208 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

I actually am interested to see how Jon reacts to Jace, because it would be clear to Jon upon their first meeting that he is not his best friend Damian and he's not Bruce either, who he kind of grew up with and supposedly was around for his birth if the reality rewrite is correct. So how does our new Superman react to someone he doesn't know declaring himself the new Batman is what I want to see.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The other half to Jon's World's Finest is actually Yara.
    No, they had a book together in Future State, but definitely not. The Batman and Superman dynamic was just less prevalent in Future State because Joshua Williamson had to use the Next Batman less because, at first, Editorial told him he couldn't reveal who Batman was so, according to him, "[he] wrote it that way."

I don’t see Jon joining the JL that quickly, and I don’t see Clark getting de powered to the extent of Future State just yet. Too much too quickly. I don’t want Jon on the JL already when he’s barely even established in a solo capacity.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I actually am interested to see how Jon reacts to Jace, because it would be clear to Jon upon their first meeting that he is not his best friend Damian and he's not Bruce either, who he kind of grew up with and supposedly was around for his birth if the reality rewrite is correct. So how does our new Superman react to someone he doesn't know declaring himself the new Batman is what I want to see.
    Yeah, this is definitely something I want to see happen, but the notion that Jon or Jace are replacing Bruce and Clark is something I don't agree with. I'm not sure Jon is gonna last just due to the controversial nature of the character being Superman, but replacing Bruce on the main Batman title is always a recipe for disaster. I mean, Bruce and Clark are always gonna stick around, and I'm glad they're not being replaced but joined by a new Superman and Batman respectively, but it seems inevitable they'd return to those main titles eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yeah, this is definitely something I want to see happen, but the notion that Jon or Jace are replacing Bruce and Clark is something I don't agree with. I'm not sure Jon is gonna last just due to the controversial nature of the character being Superman, but replacing Bruce on the main Batman title is always a recipe for disaster. I mean, Bruce and Clark are always gonna stick around, and I'm glad they're not being replaced but joined by a new Superman and Batman respectively, but it seems inevitable they'd return to those main titles eventually.
    Yeah I agree that not replacing characters but just introducing new ones to be around the classic was the smart way to go. Giving readers a choice to support Jon but also continue reading Clark's adventures was smart and the ability to follow Jace in his own Next Batman series was a good call as well, although Batman has so many comics I don't think anyone would really care if Batman was just given to Jace.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I doubt he's all that protective of the mantel especially if Damian himself is apparently moving away from it. I imagine like in pretty much every situation Jon's in till shown the need to do otherwise, he tries to make friends with him. Jace is the one that's likely going to have to come to terms with the idea of what taking on the name Batman means outside of just looking after one city. And maybe that means him going full Post-Crisis and saying "while I'll help out in this crazy world of gods and monsters, I don't have to fully become part of it." That may extend to him not feeling a need to strike up as close a friendship with the new Superman.

No, they had a book together in Future State, but definitely not. The Batman and Superman dynamic was just less prevalent in Future State because Joshua Williamson had to use the Next Batman less because, at first, Editorial told him he couldn't reveal who Batman was so, according to him, "[he] wrote it that way."
    Well, the two issue story of Superman/Wonder Woman named them the World's Finest, so I have to imagine that's the intent till show/told otherwise.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Well, the two issue story of Superman/Wonder Woman named them the World's Finest, so I have to imagine that's the intent till show/told otherwise.
    It was Planet's Finest, I'm pretty sure they're saving World's Finest for Jace and Jon's eventual team-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t see Jon joining the JL that quickly, and I don’t see Clark getting de powered to the extent of Future State just yet. Too much too quickly. I don’t want Jon on the JL already when he’s barely even established in a solo capacity.
    Doesn't matter. DC is going to ram through Jon as Superman as hard as a Supreme Court justice.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Doesn't matter. DC is going to ram through Jon as Superman as hard as a Supreme Court justice.
    Yeah, I don't really care much for pace when I have to wait a month for the comic to come out. That's like... A month out of a year of my lifespan.

Yeah, I don't really care much for pace when I have to wait a month for the comic to come out. That's like... A month out of a year of my lifespan.
    You can wait. You'll live lol.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I doubt Clark will be depowered to Future State levels (but enough to leave things in question if he can make the big plays you need from a Superman), but I think the stronger reasoning for him leaving the JL is the fact that he'll be off world and that's why Jon will take over. Bendis' Justice League is intended to reflect the current day DC stuff (unlike Batman/Superman which can both take place at any point before all this, and can take place on any Earth), so I don't see why that change won't be reflected come fall this year.

Jon joining the JL before he's ready is probably the point because that's similarly the point of him being Superman. He's ready for neither thing, but he's the guy for the job. It also lines up with the long held speculation that Bendis isn't done with Jon. And with Legion eventually coming back (likely after Sook is done Blue and Gold) Jon is the bridge between those two books that Bendis will *clearly* crossover.

In fact, I'm betting that since Legion is in a similar situation to Naomi, once Jon joins he'll continue some of Legion's story in JL like he did Naomi.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    You can wait. You'll live lol.
    Assumptions are the butt of all Batmen.

I doubt he's all that protective of the mantel especially if Damian himself is apparently moving away from it. I imagine like in pretty much every situation Jon's in till shown the need to do otherwise, he tries to make friends with him. Jace is the one that's likely going to have to come to terms with the idea of what taking on the name Batman means outside of just looking after one city. And maybe that means him going full Post-Crisis and saying "while I'll help out in this crazy world of gods and monsters, I don't have to fully become part of it." That may extend to him not feeling a need to strike up as close a friendship with the new Superman.

Oh yeah I doubt Jon is going to be all "how dare you wear that mask!" to Jace, if anything he will probably just be a lot more confused "hey I know the bat-family, I'm kind of a family friend but I got to ask...who are you and what's going on?"
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Jon and Yara are good opposites to each other.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Jon and Yara are good opposites to each other.
    Personally, I dunno, but I'm glad you enjoy them together. I'm just much more interested in seeing Jon's positive exterior clash with Jace's self-loathing and self-pity.