Page 35 of 208 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    It was Planet's Finest, I'm pretty sure they're saving World's Finest for Jace and Jon's eventual team-up.
    Actually it's both. The solicitation for issue 2 reads "a utopian future awaits-- but only if a Kryptonian peacemaker and an Amazon warrior can put aside their differences to become the World's Finest Heroes!"

I'm sure there's going to be some sort of interaction between Jon and Jace, but DC seems to be going in a new direction rather than making them the new World's Finest.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh yeah I doubt Jon is going to be all "how dare you wear that mask!" to Jace, if anything he will probably just be a lot more confused "hey I know the bat-family, I'm kind of a family friend but I got to ask...who are you and what's going on?"
    I imagine that aloofness and mystery on Jace's part will be part of the dynamic. Jace having a Timm JL style "I'll be there if you need me" standoffishness.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Actually it's both. The solicitation for issue 2 reads "a utopian future awaits-- but only if a Kryptonian peacemaker and an Amazon warrior can put aside their differences to become the World's Finest Heroes!"

I'm sure there's going to be some sort of interaction between Jon and Jace, but DC seems to be going in a new direction rather than making them the new World's Finest.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but World's Finest Heroes isn't a title used for Batman and Superman's World Finest.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Yeah, the covers say “New World’s Finest” and the interior says “Planet’s Finest”, so I assume there was a miscommunication there lol

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Yeah, the covers say “New World’s Finest” and the interior says “Planet’s Finest”, so I assume there was a miscommunication there lol
    Gene Yang set us back by not making Batman/Superman a Jon and Next Batman book.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but World's Finest Heroes isn't a title used for Batman and Superman's World Finest.
    I'd say that's a great example of semantics.

Gene Yang set us back by not making Batman/Superman a Jon and Next Batman book.
    I imagine that's because DC still wants a Clark and Bruce book being put out there, and they want to cash in on the Superman/Batman idea in someway even if the plan doesn't seem to be to do it with Jon and Jace as a team.

That's likely why Yang's book has it in it to effectively take place wherever and whenever it likes, and it along with Conner in SS are clearly on the perimeter of premier Superman related books.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'd say that's a great example of semantics.
    If you want to talk about semantics, DC making Yara Wonder Girl but Jon Superman and Jace Batman is weird.

If you want to talk about semantics, DC making Yara Wonder Girl but Jon Superman and Jace Batman is weird.
    It is strange, but similar to Second Son, I'm under the assumption that it's more so a holding pattern than the point of her. My guess is that like Jace, a little later this year or the next she'll make the jump to Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, the issue with de-aging him is that he'd become so bland we wouldn't be able to see him on page anymore. Seriously, it was one of the least interesting new characters ever created as a kid and a drag on a formerly well-established one (Damian), to the point that Super Sons helped derail him and make Damian a pathetic little whiny thing deserving no respect nor attention -in fact seeing Damian in the first issue of S:SoKL is the one thing which made me consider not buying it.
    Lmao Imagine thinking Jon as he is now isn't "Bland" lmao funniest thing I've read all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Lmao Imagine thinking Jon as he is now isn't "Bland" lmao funniest thing I've read all day.
    A Jon that acted like the one from Superman & Lois would actually be cool, so...

A Jon that acted like the one from Superman & Lois would actually be cool, so...
    Good thing we have a TV show to see that.

You mean, kind, patient, helpful, but still looking to have fun (even if it means poking the proverbial bear times)?

...That was literally kid Jon, just as a kid.

That's what TV is for.

Eh....I get what he's saying, even if I disagree with the specifics. There are definitely times where I wish comics would take certain cues from the shows and movies that are adapted from them (Just one example: I still think Beast Boy's origin in Young Justice is better than his real one). But yeah, in this particular case, Jackalope hit the nail on the head.