Page 4 of 208 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am glad that jon is getting a book.I love the cover as well.But,taylor really only writes the mainstream superman.That's not what i wanted with jon kent superman.I am atleast glad that supersons wiil be used and mentioned.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am glad that jon is getting a book.I love the cover as well.But,taylor really only writes the mainstream superman.That's not what i wanted with jon kent superman.I am atleast glad that supersons wiil be used and mentioned.
    The thing about Bland Teen Jon being Superman is he looks and acts so much like his dad I feel I've time-warped back several decades to the era of Young Clark as Superboy. I have to ask, did the kid get nothing from his mom? Connor, Kara, Val-Zod in the Prime Universe ala Miles Morales, or literally anyone else could be a better far more interesting choice as the next main "Superman" than would be Bland Teen Jon, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The thing about Bland Teen Jon being Superman is he looks and acts so much like his dad I feel I've time-warped back several decades to the era of Young Clark as Superboy. I have to ask, did the kid get nothing from his mom? Connor, Kara, Val-Zod in the Prime Universe ala Miles Morales, or literally anyone else could be a better far more interesting choice as the next main "Superman" than would be Bland Teen Jon, IMO.
    Not really,jon can be like superman of metropolis or even something like invincible.HecK! i see jon being more peter parker with superman powers.I think jon as much more a man of tomorrow scifi adventures like silverage superman or flash gordon.It would be much in line with supersons.

Thumbs up

Not really,jon can be like superman of metropolis or even something like invincible.HecK! i see jon being more peter parker with superman powers. when he grows up with much more man of tomorrow scifi adventures like silverage superman or flash gordon.It would be much in line with supersons.
    Still too much like daddy for me. In an age of diversity, DC should practice what they preach. This is the perfect opportunity to prove they care about diversity in comics by picking a non-mini Clark for the next Sups. It would also be less creatively lazy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    One more variant:

I really prefer this costume

I lost interest in Jon after he got aged up, because I liked Superman bein a dad.

But maybe I'll check this out.

Still too much like daddy for me. In an age of diversity, DC should practice what they preach. This is the perfect opportunity to prove they care about diversity in comics by picking a non-mini Clark for the next Sups. It would also be less creatively lazy.
    I don't see any similarity.Clark's whole things "I have to be an example to people.Ideal to strive towards".The jesus and boyscout shtick.Jon hasn't been that .It's like saying peter parker,wally west,dick grayson and clark kent are the same.As for diversity,they are make superman a title like the the phantom.There are gonna be a dynasty of supermen.I am sure that will come to play as well.
    You know the whole.
    "I swear to devote my life to the fight for Truth and justice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"

I don't see any similarity.Clark's whole things "I have to be an example to people.Ideal to strive towards".The jesus and boyscout shtick.Jon hasn't been that .It's like saying peter parker,wally west,dick grayson and clark kent are the same.As for diversity,they are make superman a title like the the phantom.There are gonna be a dynasty of supermen.I am sure that will come to play as well.
    You know the whole.
    "I swear to devote my life to the fight for Truth and justice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"
    Lol, really, you don't eh? He looks identical and (for the most part) acts identically. How is he not a mere mini-Clark? I'm sorry, but I can't take you seriously now.

Lol, really, you don't eh? He looks identical and (for the most part) acts identically. How is he not a mere mini-Clark? I'm sorry, but I can't take you seriously now.
    Has clark ever bottled a city or been like "****.I don't care about my image or if i become an outcast for doing what i think is right".Nope! Clark is usally "People will be afraid of me and i want people's acceptance,love,family..etc".Clark doesn't have a fire to prove himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wasn't talking about the S shield (which Clark will still be wearing in Action Comics), I mean the Superman title logo.
    Ah that didn’t even register for me, you are correct. Can’t believe it will be gone for long though, they could also bring it back for Action Comics like during the Triangle Era:
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So I guess 5G didn't get scrapped after all. How unfortunate. For the life of me I can't understand DC's obsession with replacing Clark with Jon.

Now, are they going to do the same thing with Wonder Woman, Batman, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    One more variant:

WHY!? Why did they not keep this costume!? He looks so good here! It would have gone a long way to mitigate at least SOME of the complaints about him just being a spare Clark.

Has clark ever bottled a city or been like "****.I don't care about my image or if i become an outcast for doing what i think is right".Nope! Clark is usally "People will be afraid of me and i want people's acceptance,love,family..etc".Clark doesn't have a fire to prove himself.
    Ah, still not interesting. Oh, that sounds so edgy I'm impressed. You do remember Clark killed those Kryptonians with Kryptonite once so he's done bad **** when he was younger too. I'll pass on mini-Clark forever. I think his brother from the TV series is interesting though. When this experiment inevitably fails maybe they'll go in a more interesting direction.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeugh. Not a fan of this at all. I'm a big fan of Jon as a kid but he has been infinitely less interesting aged up and I still hate the way Bendis did it. I strongly dislike his New-52-like costume too. That said, that's an excellent creative team right there (I just read DCeased... wow) and it will probably be at least a decent read.

But, honestly, Batman has 78 books a month, can't Superman get at least two monthlies of his own?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Incorrect. He was hired to write a story about evil Superman. It was Taylor who decided to do what he did to Lois. That was his concept. He admitted as much when he did it years ago.
    From everything I've read, he didn't come up with the concept of killing Lois or the plot of the game. He was given the script to the game by NetherRealm and filled things in for the backstory, but Superman killing a pregnant Lois was already decided upon at that point. The specifics of him being drugged and flying her out the hole in the sub and into space were his concepts I believe because he didn't want to have Superman attacking Lois or have it be violent. He definitely has expressed his distaste for having to do it and I think even said it made him physically sick. The Lois he wrote in the Injustice 2 Annual is great and I really expect that is what we're going to see out of him here.

But I can and will hold him accountable for the rollout of a book about Jon Kent that doesn’t once mention in the Hollywood Reporter press release that this kid has a mother. That is extremely sexist, it’s erasure and it’s not ok.

This is not “insert your own woman” Adventure. Jon’s mother is not some mystery. She is known. And launching a book about him and marginalizing her this much is exactly what everyone on here mad at PKJ predicted would happen and....it did. We were right.
    I want see what he actually has to say about the books himself, because I don't think he will marginalize or forget about Lois at all. So far it's just been solicit text copy and pasted into a press release. Writers don't have any control over those generally or even see it. So I think the criticisms (which are warranted) are properly directed at DC's PR department at least until Taylor does an interview. If he doesn't mention her there, that's a problem. I don't think Lois will be marginalized at all by this. In fact, I think Taylor is probably one of the best choices DC could have made in this regard. I think if it went to one of the FS writers who already ignored her, I'd be concerned. I think Lois is in good hands with Taylor and will have a substantive role and decidedly not be marginalized. PKJ actually mentioned that Lois will be a huge part of Jon's life a little while back and I'm guessing this was what he was talking about.