Page 46 of 208 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I'd still rather have Jackson as the new aqua person anyway.
    Now that you mention it, Jackson would be of the same age as the rest. I could see that happening.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jace, Yara, Jon, Jo, and Kaldur does actually sound like the making of an interesting lineup
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Jace, Yara, Jon, Jo, and Kaldur does actually sound like the making of an interesting lineup
    I wonder who would be the leader. They could fit the five-man band formula.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They even just cast a Bruce Wayne actor.

Although I don't think they'd bring in any Batman into Batwoman unless they're planning to pull a Supergirl -> Superman and Lois, although I think Fox nominally has the TV Batman rights for the most part? I forget.
    Fox aired Gotham and Pennyworth, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently WB owns the TV rights, which makes sense because how could Titans have Batman if they didn’t? I’m sure even if Fox did own the rights, Disney buying them out would’ve provided an opportunity for the rights to return to WB.
    Disney didn't buy the Fox network, only 20th Century Fox (i.e. the movie and TV production company). That's why they renamed it 20th Century Studios, because they don't own Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I definitely see some incarnation of that team being formed given Jace and Yara are being set up in the present alongside Jon. Andy is the only one where I can’t see her taking on the mantle any time soon.
    Yeah, she's too young to even be Aqualass, let alone Aquawoman. Right now she could only be Aquababy! Only way she'd join a present day JLA is if she's time displaced from the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Apparently Jess is supposed to come from another Earth and help some version of Jon's Justice League out with a Crisis.

If Crisis is on its way, then I suppose there's your answer. This Crisis may be Jon's gen stepping up for their first big test?

But maybe Jess goes by Kid Flash rather than Flash? It's possible they may do the aspect of Flash Future State where most of the Flash family is having their speed taken away aside from Wally? Since Jess is from another Earth it doesn't harm them?
    Jess is Kid Quick, and yes, from Earth-11 where most heroes are the opposite sex - and Jesse Quick, their aunt, is the main speedster instead of The Flash.

Maybe add Megan to that? Miss Martian would be the Martian Manhunter of the group, and is also the right age, being of the same generation of Teen Titans as Jackson (it's not Kaldur in the comics, is it?)
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-07-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fox aired Gotham and Pennyworth, right?

Disney didn't buy the Fox network, only 20th Century Fox (i.e. the movie and TV production company). That's why they renamed it 20th Century Studios, because they don't own Fox.

Yeah, she's too young to even be Aqualass, let alone Aquawoman. Right now she could only be Aquababy! Only way she'd join a present day JLA is if she's time displaced from the future.

Jess is Kid Quick, and yes, from Earth-11 where most heroes are the opposite sex - and Jesse Quick, their aunt, is the main speedster instead of The Flash.

Maybe add Megan to that? Miss Martian would be the Martian Manhunter of the group, and is also the right age, being of the same generation of Teen Titans as Jackson (it's not Kaldur in the comics, is it?)
    My assumption is that if they use Aquawoman we’d get something like the dimensional ocean from Future State or she comes over with Jess to the present.

As for Jackson, I think it’s his human name is Jackson Hyde but Atlantic name is Kaldur. I don’t remember but I thought they made it work in the comics.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

New variant cover for Issue #1:

Superman #1s tend to do pretty well, so I’m wondering how SoKE will do in comparison (if we ever get any sales numbers).

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post

Superman #1s tend to do pretty well, so I’m wondering how SoKE will do in comparison (if we ever get any sales numbers).
    Welcome to my longbox. Good lord that's cool.

Lo and behold Kaldur seems set to become co-Aquaman with Arthur.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Wow. That might be better than his Action 1000 cover. Is that a retailer exclusive?

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Wow. That might be better than his Action 1000 cover. Is that a retailer exclusive?
    No idea, didn’t say on the tweet. https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...486798339?s=20

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Damn. That's dope.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

New Variant Cover for Superman: Son of Kal-El #1 by Alan Quah

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...763395/photo/1

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    New Variant Cover for Superman: Son of Kal-El #1 by Alan Quah

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...763395/photo/1
    The hilarious trend of drawing Jon Kent as the tiniest teenager I have ever seen continues

We should call him little Jon for now on

Mighty Member

I mean, that's clearly 10 year-old Jon in that picture.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Incredible Member

Not necessarily, the suit is his current one and i think Damian's using his current suit too. Either it's 10-year-old Jon wearing current suit for some reason, or another time in which he's drawn to look as young as possible (only really overdoing it this time).

For comedic purposes, I'll assume it's the later.