Page 49 of 208 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Manchester black might be interested in Jon though.I mean,black dawn was a major arc..
    If Black doesn’t pull a face turn, he’ll be going with Clark along with the rest of the Authority in Action. It would be interesting to see him and Jon meet again, whichever side of the hero/villain divide he ends up on
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Black doesn’t pull a face turn, he’ll be going with Clark along with the rest of the Authority in Action. It would be interesting to see him and Jon meet again, whichever side of the hero/villain divide he ends up on
    I don't want him turning face or anything.i want him to grow beyond some dumb meta commentary about comics industry's dogma which is not even entertaining..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

If "Truth, Justice, And A Better World" became Jon's tagline/update to his dad's I'd be very, very happy. It's surpassingly catchy, and it goes along with the idea that Jon is going to be more of a direct actor in the issues of the world than his dad was.

Last edited by Superlad93; 07-03-2021 at 12:46 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I hope Lex isn’t involved in this because 1. I did not like Taylor’s attempt at a traditional Lex in DCeased and 2. I’d prefer they use a bunch of new Rogues to play off Jon, with whichever one takes off being his archenemy
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Lex has much of a reason to involve himself with Jon. I think it'd be more interesting if, like, Lena showed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think Lex is currently busy via Infinite Frontier/The Totality right now to care about his archenemies son.

Personally and this is an odd choice I know, but I’d like to see Doomed as last seen in Red Hood. You know the Teenage Doomsday who is actually a tragic figure because he’s really just a teenager whose been infected by the Doomsday Virus, and could be a good way of showing Jon as a caring character. Also come on son of Superman vs Teen doomsday would sell pretty well I think.
    Agreed on Lex. I'm not necessarily opposed to seeing Jon take on Lex at some point down the road, but def not at the start of this thing. Would be better if he has mostly new rogues with a good mix of Clark's lesser used bad guys. Let him develop his own vibe.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Trying to think of which of Clark’s Rogues I’d be ok with Jon taking. Silver Banshee would be fine, they’ve never done much with her and Clark so Taylor can have her. Would be cool to see Red Cloud and the Invisible Mafia used, Intergang as well. Terra-Man is probably not showing up over in Action alas so if Taylor wants him so be it. I guess Metallo and Parasite might show up here but I’m not enthused about Jon taking those two. And Brainiac has been set up as a foe for Jon and Kara so I’m expecting him to show up at some point, although I would love to see Johnson use Brainiac over in Action since he would fit perfectly into the big cosmic story he’s telling.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm hoping Andrei Trojan from Future State pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He’s totally one of the new big bads (is he a Wildstorm character? I’ve only read Ellis and Millar’s Authority runs). His status as an evil super genius running a megacorp makes me think he’s who they’re positioning as Jon’s “Lex”.

Incredible Member

Jon in Future State was mostly fighting the consequences of Trojan's actions while Midnighter was fighting Trojan himself (and has continued to do so after continuity resumed), so I don't think he'll necessarily be Jon's villain here.

On the other hand, it'd be pretty stupid to have basically Lex Luthor 2.0. with tons of influence on Metropolis and have him be the villain to a Batman analogue instead of to your new shiny Superman, but sillier things have happened.

He’s totally one of the new big bads (is he a Wildstorm character? I’ve only read Ellis and Millar’s Authority runs). His status as an evil super genius running a megacorp makes me think he’s who they’re positioning as Jon’s “Lex”.
    Not, it have all the traits of a Wildstorm villian, specailly oposite to Midnighter, but it is totally new.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Personally I’d prefer the Time Luchadores, it’s such a silly idea but it has potential.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Trying to think of which of Clark’s Rogues I’d be ok with Jon taking. Silver Banshee would be fine, they’ve never done much with her and Clark so Taylor can have her. Would be cool to see Red Cloud and the Invisible Mafia used, Intergang as well. Terra-Man is probably not showing up over in Action alas so if Taylor wants him so be it. I guess Metallo and Parasite might show up here but I’m not enthused about Jon taking those two. And Brainiac has been set up as a foe for Jon and Kara so I’m expecting him to show up at some point, although I would love to see Johnson use Brainiac over in Action since he would fit perfectly into the big cosmic story he’s telling.
    I would rather they new villains and anti-heroes.There is already lor-zod,son of bizzaro,brain cells,..etc.i would want a fresh take on superman..more Timeluchadores, Hamilton county house of horrors..etc for me please...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-03-2021 at 08:04 PM.

I don't know. Is he?
    Personally I’d prefer the Time Luchadores, it’s such a silly idea but it has potential.
    I agree.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Most of the best things about Clark have at least one foot in silliness. When he's taken so seriously we need to explain that he has to clench his butt super hard to fly or something, you remove all the magic from the character.

Time Luchadores fits with Mxy. I can absolutely see them being Jon's Mxy; his pest from a weird place in space time that annoy him periodically but deep down he kind of likes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Most of the best things about Clark have at least one foot in silliness. When he's taken so seriously we need to explain that he has to clench his butt super hard to fly or something, you remove all the magic from the character.

Time Luchadores fits with Mxy. I can absolutely see them being Jon's Mxy; his pest from a weird place in space time that annoy him periodically but deep down he kind of likes them.
    there times to take the character seriously and limits to when it's to be done(after all it's a laugh/imaginary tale).

I don't think so.Time luchadores are wrestlers.The jon is getting into Inter-dimensional time travel fisty cuff.I like the idea that the jon's belt in future state is championship..

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    there times to take the character seriously and limits to when it's to be done(after all it's a laugh/imaginary tale).

I don't think so.Time luchadores are wrestlers.The jon is getting into Inter-dimensional time travel fisty cuff.I like the idea that the jon's belt in future state is championship..
    That would be perfect

Damian: “Why do you need a belt?”

Jon: *sigh* “It’s the trans-dimensional time wrestling championship belt”

Damian:......”Okay You’re going to have to explain that one”
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.