Page 6 of 208 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

The audacity of this cover. smh

At least Taylor is here on this waste of paper while maybe Morrison can spin something for Superman despite it being obvious table scraps.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-21-2021 at 10:29 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Insane that Didio of all people was the one who was pushing for permanent legacy replacements for the Trinity. I still can’t believe it.
    He would've rebooted everything again after a few years to bring things back to normal. It's even teased in DDC #12, lol. 5G was meant to be another of his reboots/temporary experiments before the next new initiative.

Look, I'm not crazy about him anymore but at this point know what? I'd welcome Johns coming back into the fold and ending ALL this crap. Because he would. There's zero special about his Clark but at least he likes the actual Superman. That's more than can be said of DC brass at this point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    From the sound of things, it's not an additional series. It's a redirection of an existing book, from Clark to Jon.
    This, exactly this
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

Been looking for a good spot to jump off, this will do it. DC is STILL a rudderless ship...

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Look, I'm not crazy about him anymore but at this point know what? I'd welcome Johns coming back into the fold and ending ALL this crap. Because he would. There's zero special about his Clark but at least he likes the actual Superman. That's more than can be said of DC brass at this point.
    You don't need Jonhs, Mark Waid is the right man for this job.

Good point. He'd absolutely wreck this leaky ship if given the chance. He's probably burying his face in his hands as we speak. He finally comes back and is greeted to this.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Man, you know, however much I already stated I don't love this idea, people in this thread are being ridiculously melodramatic. Jon won't be Superman forever and we still have Action Comics featuring Superman proper, as well as minis and whatnot. I wish Jon's title wasn't replacing Superman (give that series back its old numbering!) but let's not be ridiculous about this.

Also, when did Tom Taylor become such a hated writer? His work on the excellent DCeased alone shows how much he gets these characters and how good a writer he is.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Also, when did Tom Taylor become such a hated writer? His work on the excellent DCeased alone shows how much he gets these characters and how good a writer he is.
    Taylor's always been kinda polarizing around here. At least from what I've seen. He's one of my favorite writers and I'm happy he's finally gotten a Superman book. It's just not one I intend to read much of. Just like his Injustice books. Thought they were good. Definitely helped me hate the Injustice Universe a little less. But still not something I wanted to read to completion.

I don't think the reaction is overly dramatic. That its not going to last forever is rather beside the point to me. This is clearly not intended to be short term. And that in of itself I see as a huge slap in the face and always will. It won't last, I understand that, but they'll force it as long as they can as they're obviously committed. They've been setting this up for at least two years if not longer, so commitment is clear. And any amount of meaningful time is too long to me.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-21-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Man, you know, however much I already stated I don't love this idea, people in this thread are being ridiculously melodramatic. Jon won't be Superman forever and we still have Action Comics featuring Superman proper, as well as minis and whatnot. I wish Jon's title wasn't replacing Superman (give that series back its old numbering!) but let's not be ridiculous about this.

It depends on which characters Taylor is writing, because in some cases he clearly plays favorites and others where he clearly doesn't really "get" them that much.

Mostly here. But this forum has a mind set of its own.

I'm guessing people read Injustice and hated, so they think Taylor can only write things one way.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Oh joy. More fake Jon stuff.

Back to fanfics, hoping (in vain, it seems) that DC gets their heads screwed back on and realize all of the wasted potential real Jon had.

Edit; the ONLY thing of Injustice I enjoyed, in Injustice 2 comics, was when Lobo became a Green Lantern. That was gold. Everything else? Meh.

DCeased? I don't care for apocalyptic stories in general, especially ones where some of my favorites get killed off. Jon and Damian in it had a good camaraderie, but they were also allowed to age up naturally. Not the bull that happened in the main series.
    Last edited by Jackalope89; 04-21-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Never really read anything by Taylor that suggested to me he has much a voice for some characters beyond their most shallow autopilot versions. His Superman and Batman are pretty much stereotypical "Nice but naïve farmboy" and "Jerk Goth with a heart of gold". Meanwhile for Wonder Woman you have to go back to the 50s with Robert Kanigher if you want to find a more insulting writer on Diana than him between her treatment in Injustice and DCeased.

He's good for Harley since she's a rather shallow character to begin with that he can make up with by putting unfunny jokes in her mouth.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-21-2021 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    He's good for Harley since she's a rather shallow character to begin with that he can make up with by putting unfunny jokes.
    Taylor does love his comedy relief characters...