Page 72 of 208 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3110

I mean I like the careless look as well but that’s not a bad look for Jon right now personally.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    JON'S GETTING PUT IN JAIL AND CLARK HAS TO BAIL HIM OUT!!! YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Getting arrested for the first time is always the hardest he'll adapt quickly.

Also I hate how he draws faces!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Without even joking this is LITERALLY what I hoped for when Taylor brought up that story about Kidder getting arrested, and the fact that because Jon Kent's identity is out in the open Superman can effectively be arrested. The fact that Taylor immediately starts here is perfect because on top of being a hilarious idea and interesting idea, this is something that a new reader just straight up has not seen with Clark Kent's Superman. This is the perfect way to endear Jon to an audience and while showing the new avenues for story with him.

Also, I love this because this is totally the sort of nonsense that Clark has to deal with with Lois. He's totally her son. I bet he was hoping she'd pick up rather than Clark, and they'd keep the whole "so Superman has a rap sheet" between them".
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Well it's better than the New 52 costume he had before but still too much like Clark's for my liking. Still think he'd have been better off just keeping the Bendis era design.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Oh my god, I cannot express in words how much I love that cover. Jon isn’t even brooding over the fact that he got arrested, he’s relaxed and smiling like a teenager proud of the stunt he pulled. It almost makes me wish that Clark were on Earth a little longer just so they could play out the whole celebrity superhero family drama angle. I hope they keep throwing all their design ideas at Jon and give him a new suit every couple years or so.

You guys love teen Jon the same way I liked kid Jon. Good for y'all.

Jon getting arrested makes me happy lol. Reminds me of what Morrison did with Clark in Action although I’m sure Jon won’t be tortured
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Without even joking this is LITERALLY what I hoped for when Taylor brought up that story about Kidder getting arrested, and the fact that because Jon Kent's identity is out in the open Superman can effectively be arrested. The fact that Taylor immediately starts here is perfect because on top of being a hilarious idea and interesting idea, this is something that a new reader just straight up has not seen with Clark Kent's Superman. This is the perfect way to endear Jon to an audience and while showing the new avenues for story with him.

Also, I love this because this is totally the sort of nonsense that Clark has to deal with with Lois. He's totally her son. I bet he was hoping she'd pick up rather than Clark, and they'd keep the whole "so Superman has a rap sheet" between them".
    Heck, even Superman was sometimes arrested despite having a secret identity .

I wonder what Clark will say?

Does Taylor cast Clark as the disapproving father who doesn't agree with his son's methods, but is willing to let him do his thing?

Or does Jon just assume Clark is going to be mad at him, but he surprises Jon and says something to the tune of "you're right, and Superman has to change". Even though Taylor won't be really getting into the weeds with the other books, that could be a neat way to shoutout Morrison's S&TA where Clark is looking back on his life as Superman in regret for how he went about it.

And I love how this is yet another set back for Jon early on. He's got all this power and agency, but things aren't always going his way, and he has to roll with that.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    There are certainly limits to how far DC will let the status quo be pushed, but a climate crisis storyline is somewhere Jon can actually push the status quo in a positive direction AND make it reflect our real world. For a long time I felt that Metropolis never lived up to its moniker “The City Of Tomorrow”—and indeed it looks a lot like America’s other dated 20th century cities. So, what do our aspirational cities of tomorrow look like today? Take a look at Singapore:

So Jon doesn’t have to “solve” the climate crisis entirely, but he can change the status quo around him in a visible way and inspire Metropolis to become one of the leading eco/smart cities of the world. Not the mention the city really just needs a makeover to make the place more interesting and futuristic.

And if Gotham is starting to look like something in Future State, then maybe Metropolis will develop into an eco city like in Future State as well.

It’s a 21st century Superman y’all, give him a 21st century city to fly in.
    I so so so so agree.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I so so so so agree.
    Thanks! I’ve felt that Metropolis as a setting never lived up to its full potential. If it’s going to be the City Of Tomorrow then it should always be on the cutting edge of technology and urban design—but also have an element of danger lurking behind its pristine surfaces. If anyone knows any good worldbuilding stories about Metropolis please help a friend out and drop some suggestions!

And I think Jon wanting to effect change gives him a mission statement separate from his dad’s but also gives a story reason to update some Superman concepts.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

JON'S GETTING PUT IN JAIL AND CLARK HAS TO BAIL HIM OUT!!! YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Superman of metropolis costume!!Now,he needs to lose the cape.jon is more tame and well settled than clark was.I mean,allowing to get arrested.Goldenage superman would have just ran(if the cops were good that is).He would have decked corrupt ones and then run.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    jon is more tame and well settled than clark was.I mean,allowing to get arrested.Goldenage superman would have just ran(if the cops were good that is).He would have decked corrupt ones and then run.
    Golden Age Superman could afford to do that because he had a secret identity. Once he puts on the glasses and takes off the costume the cops and corrupt officials have nothing they can do to him or anyone he loves. Jon Kent's address is on file along with everyone related to him. It's a whole different ballgame for him.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/30/ex...n-of-kal-el-2/

Issue 2 preview, looks like Jon tries a fake identity and then immediately botched it. Then it looks like Clark tries to comfort him and gives him his new costume.

Oh and Lois spotted.
    blonde Jon in the first page kinda looks like Jordan Elsass. Anyway if he's a middle school dropout (seriously Clark and Lois were failures as parents) did he at least get a GED or something?

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    blonde Jon in the first page kinda looks like Jordan Elsass. Anyway if he's a middle school dropout (seriously Clark and Lois were failures as parents) did he at least get a GED or something?
    My money's on that he "caught up" on his education in the future with the Legion (ugh) and any necessary present day documentation is forged.