Page 74 of 208 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3110

Lois is cruel for letting him walk out looking like that lmao
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Just read it.

Honestly, it was a great Superman comic and my (current) distaste for Jon aside, I will continue and maybe Taylor will convert me.

There is absolutely no reason this couldn't and shouldn't have been Clark, though. It's so disappointing that DC felt the need to relaunch Superman with Jon in a book that read exactly as a Clark book should be done (it felt like the first few Greg Pak issues before he was consumed by constant crossover hell). I'd be surprised if Taylor didn't pitch this as Clark and DC, already set on this course, made him adjust it.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Lois has been cruel since she abandoned him in space and then had seemingly no objections to Clark uprooting his life even more by revealing his secret ID. This was just icing on the cake. At this point, I think she's just over motherhood XD

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Disguises by the Kent boys, Clark goes for mild-mannered and bumbling and Jon goes for Chad. Tell me I’m wrong though

Last edited by oneveryfineday; 07-31-2021 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    There is absolutely no reason this couldn't and shouldn't have been Clark, though.
    It doesn't read like Clark at all.

It’s just a blonde wig and some shades, it’s not that bad.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

No guitar to woo the ladies with his rendition of "Wonder Wall"?

There is absolutely no reason this couldn't and shouldn't have been Clark, though. It's so disappointing that DC felt the need to relaunch Superman with Jon in a book that read exactly as a Clark book should be done (it felt like the first few Greg Pak issues before he was consumed by constant crossover hell). I'd be surprised if Taylor didn't pitch this as Clark and DC, already set on this course, made him adjust it.
    You and I are on the exact same page.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Lois has been cruel since she abandoned him in space and then had seemingly no objections to Clark uprooting his life even more by revealing his secret ID. This was just icing on the cake. At this point, I think she's just over motherhood XD
    Lois abandoning kids is bad and creul.But,why would lois object to the secret id when she herself was lied too and fallen pray to it?she fights for truth and justice.It's a miracle she even tolerates.This isn't smallville where clark was clark.And lois wanted to make them work in a normal setting so came up with glasses identity.(which clark hated btw.That is something i presume would be consistent).The superman-strange visito from another world hid because he had too.Because his parents told him too..Not because he wanted too.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Just read it.

Honestly, it was a great Superman comic and my (current) distaste for Jon aside, I will continue and maybe Taylor will convert me.

Eh I can maybe buy that Taylor pitched a sort of “anti-Injustice” story with Clark, but this specifically so far doesn’t map onto Clark. We saw this sort of story with Clark under Bendis, with him revealing his identity and founding the United Planets. That was all born out of Clark asking himself if he could do more for the world than what he had already done. Superman & The Authority is also touching on something similar.

But this is predicated on Jon stepping into the role, on a successor who isn’t sure if he’s ready to be Superman and is asking himself what that means, rather than a guy who has been doing this for years asking himself if he needs to shake things up. But the second issue is apparently where we are really going to get into Taylor’s long term plan, and Jon going to college is at the very least not something that can be done with Clark.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Why is Jon cosplaying Logan Paul?

Lois, you had one job!
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Why is Jon cosplaying Logan Paul?
    I just looked up Logan Paul and he kind of looks like the guy playing Jon on Superman and Lois.

So I guess the look is somewhat accurate.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I just looked up Logan Paul and he kind of looks like the guy playing Jon on Superman and Lois.

So I guess the look is somewhat accurate.
    I don't see any resemblance..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

After a Google search, I could see the similarities to Logan Paul. It could be unintentional on Taylor's part but who knows.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So, I wondered how Taylor would write Clark reacting to Jon's new mission, and I think Taylor's already answered this plus given a peak at how Jon my respond.

From the yahoo interview " I think it’s an interesting issue because he’s 17 years old. His dad is the most famous person on the planet, and the greatest hero on the planet. And a lot of people kind of feel that way about their fathers. But with Jon, it’s the truth. And so, yes, there’s going to be an element of imposter syndrome. But there’s also an element where Jon challenges his own father. He looks at what Clark’s done and looks to see how he can improve, or wonders why he hasn’t done more. And he challenges him on that.

He says, “you know what, when you have this much power, when you can see what we can see, when you can see what happens to the world, when you can look at the climate crisis, when you can look at so much inequality, how can you fight the symptoms?” But yes, of course, there’s going to be an element of imposter syndrome. And because he is young, he’s not quite sure which way to go yet."
    So from the looks of things Clark is probably going to sit him down and try to explain how there are proper channels for this sort of thing, and how it's not their place interfere this much, and Jon's basically going to call BS on that, it seems. And he's going to ask his dad why he never did more with all that he could do, see, and hear.

While I'd have loved Lois to be the one to bail Jon out of jail, I think this scene and some version of this conversation is more important (plus, Clark will be leaving soon anyway). The passing of the torch being more than just the wholesome "well, here's a new suit and the keys to the Fortress, son", and instead creating a clear contrast at what was and what will be via having Jon literally say "I can't and won't be the same sort of Superman you were" is much more valuable.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.