Page 77 of 208 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3110
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Will pop in to say that while it's not crushing it in the direct market (though given those numbers for it had all of a week to settle before the end of the month compared to some of those other titles, the 'oh, it's ONLY a paltry 50k or thereabouts' estimates still put it far and away above your average Superbook, and as noted there isn't much heat around DC right now) it's #3 among Comixology's bestsellers, only beaten by an event comic and an issue of the hyper-dominant X-line that's *also* part of an event. Given Taylor's less even a direct market or trade guy so much as a "did you see this one page?! Let's share it on Twitter and Tumblr FOREVER" guy, I could see this being a Ms. Marvel situation with relatively soft physical sales but heavy-hitter digital numbers.

End of the day, DC's open that the monthlies are first and foremost IP cultivation tanks and this guy just gave them their big-screen Supergirl and their HBO Max Superman. Maybe they'll give him another #1 just titled 'Superman' with a hotter artist for the post-Infinite Frontier relaunch and leave this as a sort of 'Volume Zero', but barring unmitigated catastrophe I can't see him beta-testing SON OF SUPERMAN I OF III, COMING 2028 for them not going the distance.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 08-03-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Will pop in to say that while it's not crushing it in the direct market (though given those numbers for it had all of a week to settle before the end of the month compared to some of those other titles, the 'oh, it's ONLY a paltry 50k or thereabouts' estimates still put it far and away above your average Superbook, and as noted there isn't much heat around DC right now) it's #3 among Comixology's bestsellers, only beaten by an event comic and an issue of the hyper-dominant X-line that's *also* part of an event. Given Taylor's less even a direct market or trade guy so much as a "did you see this one page?! Let's share it on Twitter and Tumblr FOREVER" guy, I could see this being a Ms. Marvel situation with relatively soft physical sales but heavy-hitter digital numbers.

End of the day, DC's open that the monthlies are first and foremost IP cultivation tanks and this guy just gave them their big-screen Supergirl and their HBO Max Superman. Maybe they'll give him another #1 just titled 'Superman' with a hotter artist for the post-Infinite Frontier relaunch and leave this as a sort of 'Volume Zero', but barring unmitigated catastrophe I can't see him beta-testing SON OF SUPERMAN I OF III, COMING 2028 for them not going the distance.
    The digital sales on Comixology is encouraging

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    3. Jon’s fanbase only wants him as a kid, preferably paling around with Damian, or used for big wholesome moments on the farm with his parents.
    Come on now. I'd hope my millions of rants on the matter (to the point where I even eyeroll at myself lol) would have, if nothing else, showed that it's a bit more than just wanting him to be a kid and stay a kid; and for him to do nothing but pal around with Robin or stay on the Hamilton farm (though I do think the move back to Metropolis was a mistake). If that were the case I'd have been up in arms over Damian being older too XD

Much as I love Super Sons, I'd sacrifice his friendship with Damian in a heartbeat if it meant he got a do-over. They're great together but their relationship isn't the reason they're my 2nd and 3rd favorite DC characters...well...Jon's not exactly #3 anymore...but you get the point.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-03-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SoK #1 debuted 34th in the July sales (it should be around 54k): https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...mics-july-2021
    Apparently it’s also sold out and going to a second printing

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...ller-gets-4th/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

See? Jon Kent being aged up was the key to success.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    See? Jon Kent being aged up was the key to success.
    I wouldn’t be so sure

Jon is popular...or at least the idea of his character

Kid or not...there is a market

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    I wouldn’t be so sure

Jon is popular...or at least the idea of his character

Kid or not...there is a market
    Yeah, there's a market for adult Jon.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

YEEEEEEESSSSS SIIIIRRRRR!!!!

Get that bag, kiddo!
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Well, that's disappointing, but I'll wait for confirmation from Taylor when he rubs it in people's faces like he did for all the Nightwing reprints. I did my part.

Though, the estimated sales number was 54k, which is low for a first issue like this. Maybe DC didn't want to over-invest, so they printed low and demand just so happened to barely exceed their lower expectations. Still, it didn't blow off the the doors. First issues are always statistical outliers, so it's downhill from here. Question is how steep the decline is going to be.

That's great! This is super exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Well, that's disappointing, but I'll wait for confirmation from Taylor when he rubs it in people's faces like he did for all the Nightwing reprints.
    Eh. Disappointing yes, but I wouldn't call Taylor wanting to celebrate it "rubbing it in people's faces". What's not great news for us is still great news for a genuinely good author, who's always seemed like a genuinely good person too. I'm happy for him. Then again, I've been happy for him from the start. I'm just not happy for Jon. This whole thing is just one big double edged sword lol
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-03-2021 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Eh. Disappointing yes. But I wouldn't call Taylor wanting to celebrate it "rubbing it in people's faces". What's not great news for us is still great news for a genuinely good author, who's always seemed like a genuinely good person too. I'm happy for him. Then again, I've been happy for him from the start. I'm just not happy for Jon. This whole thing is just one big double edged sword lol
    I'm just being bitter. Every time Nightwing got a reprint, he was always thankful for his readers and their support of his book.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    I'm just being bitter. Every time Nightwing got a reprint, he was always thankful for his readers and their support of his book.
    Trust me, I get it. This is just one of many things in comics that I've been bitter about for years. Though a lot of those things did eventually sort themselves out (Got my Titans back, Peter and MJ are back in a good place, Bart and Conner exist again, it looks like Marvel's finally gonna fix Wanda, etc).

But I'm still glad Taylor's doing so well. He didn't start this. He's just trying to take something bad and make it good. And for a lot of people, he's done exactly that. It just ain't hitting the mark for me, the same way it has for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Trust me, I get it. This is just one of many things in comics that I've been bitter about for years. Though a lot of those things did eventually sort themselves out (Got my Titans back, Peter and MJ are back in a good place, Bart and Conner exist again, it looks like Marvel's finally gonna fix Wanda, etc).

But I'm still glad Taylor's doing so well. He didn't start this. He's just trying to take something bad and make it good. And for a lot of people, he's done exactly that. It just ain't hitting the mark for me, the same way it has for others.
    The nature of comics is cyclical. It'll always return to the status quo, eventually. PKJ said himself that while he won't be the one to de-age Jon, that's not to say someone after him will. And I'd be inclined believe him. That's more or less a simple statement of fact.

Dick and Damian are back where they belong after concerted efforts to bury them. The same should be said for Jon...so I'm going to keep bitching and moaning the entire time until the inevitable happens. My personal frustration comes from not other people questioning the validity of the inevitable, but DC itself denying the inevitable is even possible.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Congrats to all the team, hope we get new covers!