Page 8 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    Comics back to how they're supposed to be? And how they should be? 6 panels in a 4 color page with a Superman that doesn't fly and who is a champion of the oppressed fighting agaisnt wife beaters, crooked politicians and dirty businessmen? A Captain America fighting against Nazis? A feminist Wonder Woman who defends the joys of submission to a loving authority? Just to be sure of what you mean.
    Not sure what that Wonder Woman one means exactly, but unless it's something offensive I think yes...?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The one thing I am still not clear on is if the Morrison book is set in the Future State timeline or "present" - is that the "event" that PJK was talking about or is that still in the pipeline?
    Wasn't there talk of the proverbial "big event" for September?
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Wasn't there talk of the proverbial "big event" for September?
    Yeah, but the "split" between the books was supposed to happen after that. I'm not clear on where this all fits in with what PKJ was talking about. I thought he and Janlin were writing the event. But this is Morrison and Janlin. So maybe it was just put on a shelf until after Future State? I could see them letting Morrison get something in the can before soliciting. They aren't really the best with deadlines in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Not sure what that Wonder Woman one means exactly, but unless it's something offensive I think yes...?
    Then, you could always read those comics and let other people enjoy new stories with character evolution and some missteps

Comics don't need to go back to be what they're supposed to be. You can always enjoy what they were and let comics be new things.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

According to the description, Morrison's book is set to launch a new status quo for SM moving forward, it has to be the Summer event drawn by Janian that PKJ was talking about:

"If Superman is to free the prisoners of Warworld, he’s going to need help, the kind of help that doesn’t scream "Justice League." Fortunately, multi-Eisner Award-winning writer Grant Morrison (Wonder Woman: Earth One, The Green Lantern) and fan-favorite artist Mikel Janín (Batman, Future State: Superman: Worlds of War) have the solution in the form of a new four-issue limited series, Superman and the Authority. Launching July 20, this new team will be led by Manchester Black and combine original members Midnighter and Apollo with new members Enchantress and Natasha Irons, as well as new versions of Lightray and O.M.A.C. This new team will have to learn to work together, and fast, as the Ultra-Humanite has formed his own team of villains to take out the Man of Steel. This new limited series will help launch an all-new status quo for Superman, setting up story elements that will impact both Action Comics and Superman: Son of Kal-El in the months to come."

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    Then, you could always read those comics and let other people enjoy new stories with character evolution and some missteps

Comics don't need to go back to be what they're supposed to be. You can always enjoy what they were and let comics be new things.
    So you're telling me you like Jon Kent as Superman, Jace Fox as Batman, Yara Flor as Wonder Girl?

So you're telling me you like Jon Kent as Superman, Jace Fox as Batman, Yara Flor as Wonder Girl?
    And so what if he does? I don't like Jon Kent as Superman (loved him as Superboy though). I'm indifferent to Jace Fox. And I love Yara Flor. If he likes all three of them, then it is what it is. His opinion wouldn't be any more valid or invalid than yours or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    And so what if he does? I don't like Jon Kent as Superman (loved him as Superboy though). I'm indifferent to Jace Fox. And I love Yara Flor.
    So you dislike 2 out of the 3 of DC's new Trinity?

I dislike the current direction of one and I don't have an opinion on the other. What point are you trying to make here?

They aren't the "new Trinity". Action Comics is still going to star Clark Kent as Superman. Batman isn't going anywhere, and Wonder Woman is still in her own book.

At most this is setting up a situation like Marvel currently has with Spider-Man, we're getting different takes on all the characters at the same time.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I just want comics to get back to how they're supposed to be. Jon Kent shouldn't exist. Damian Wayne shouldn't exist. Jason Todd should be dead. Jace Fox should never be Batman. Yara Flor isn't Wonder Girl, Cassandra Sandsmark is. And Superman is Clark Kent forever!
    I'm sorry but this is such a bewildering point of view. Look, I understand biases and I have plenty of my own, but comics aren't "supposed" to be anything. Writers can't just write the same thing over and over again so new twists and new characters will inevitably be added and subtracted from these monthly books, especially over 80 years later. And if we're talking about "supposed" to be, then Superman should only be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, Batman would still use guns, Jay Garrick would be the only version of the Flash and the Justice Society of America would be the only superhero team around. Cassie Sandsmark is Wonder Girl? Tell that to young Diana or even Donna Troy.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Cassie Sandsmark is Wonder Girl? Tell that to young Diana or even Donna Troy.
    Actually yeah. What the hell? Superboy-Prime, why are you so hung up on Jon being Superboy (or Superman) because he didn't have the name first, but you're fine with Cassie being Wonder Girl even though she's in the same position?

Since its Morrison I'll give the Authority one a shot. Maybe they can polish the proverbial turd at least for one limited series. And I do like it won't involve the Justice League, that its something Superman just gets to handle alone. That's literally the only positive thing I can say about this overall disaster.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Isn't that obvious that he's just trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    They aren't the "new Trinity". Action Comics is still going to star Clark Kent as Superman. Batman isn't going anywhere, and Wonder Woman is still in her own book.

At most this is setting up a situation like Marvel currently has with Spider-Man, we're getting different takes on all the characters at the same time.
    So how long do you think Jon as Superman, Jace as Batman, and Yara Flor as Wonder Girl will last?