Page 81 of 208 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3110
    Astonishing Member

They can't push the deadline forever. It would be prudent for DC to plan ahead even if it doesn't happen for a while yet.

New characters might have more potential in general. When GL and Flash franchises were redefined in Silver Age it not only "solved" public domain issue for DC, but opened lots of new storylines for comics and adaptations. Robin might be close to expiring, but Damian is DC's for decades and I'd argue that Damian opens lots of new doors with being son of Batman that older Robin's couldn't.

Public domain or not, they have been struggling on what to do with Superman basically since CoIE. Some things worked, others didn't, but overall not much has changed. Can Jon replicate Damian's success? I think the biggest challenge is that at the moment he doesn't really have a storyline that you could give to some casual reader without him going "what is this?" at some point. So hopefully Taylor manages to fix this problem.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    New characters might have more potential in general. When GL and Flash franchises were redefined in Silver Age it not only "solved" public domain issue for DC, but opened lots of new storylines for comics and adaptations. Robin might be close to expiring, but Damian is DC's for decades and I'd argue that Damian opens lots of new doors with being son of Batman that older Robin's couldn't.

Public domain or not, they have been struggling on what to do with Superman basically since CoIE. Some things worked, others didn't, but overall not much has changed. Can Jon replicate Damian's success? I think the biggest challenge is that at the moment he doesn't really have a storyline that you could give to some casual reader without him going "what is this?" at some point. So hopefully Taylor manages to fix this problem.
    Yeah! that's a problem..The character is convluted.But,i hope the superman and lois tv show does carries over.StreamLining the character atleast for outsiders..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

It’s why I’m baffled by people who are surprised that Taylor is basically side stepping as much of Jon’s insane continuity as he can. That’s exactly what his job is here, and it’s what pretty much all of Jon’s writers have done. How often was Thomas Wayne delivering Jon brought up during Rebirth? I don’t think it was brought up at all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s why I’m baffled by people who are surprised that Taylor is basically side stepping as much of Jon’s insane continuity as he can. That’s exactly what his job is here, and it’s what pretty much all of Jon’s writers have done. How often was Thomas Wayne delivering Jon brought up during Rebirth? I don’t think it was brought up at all.
    To be fair,his continuity is not what people are asking to referenced.It's his stories and side characters.

For example, superman going to collage with lori lemaris.So, a collage reunion would have lori in a wheel chair meeting clark.I just want jon to be like " The aliens hiding in hamilton have blown their cover and is facing problems.Gotta help" .Heck!have kathy drop by and be grown up (explanations don't matter.she is an alien telepath).
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-05-2021 at 12:49 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    They can't push the deadline forever. It would be prudent for DC to plan ahead even if it doesn't happen for a while yet.
    We’ll know it’s finally happening once Disney fails to get the law pushed back for Mickey Mouse again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    To be fair,his continuity is not what people are asking to referenced.It's his stories and side characters.

For example, superman going to collage with lori lemaris.So, a collage reunion would have lori in a wheel chair meeting clark.I just want jon to be like " The aliens hiding in hamilton have blown their cover and is facing problems.Gotta help" .Heck!have kathy drop by and be grown up (explanations don't matter.she is an alien telepath).
    Yeah, Beacon being older suddenly would be super easy to explain - she isn't human, so maybe her race would just mature faster than humans? Or she could've used tech to accelerate her aging after hearing about Jon's time travel related age up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Beacon being older suddenly would be super easy to explain - she isn't human, so maybe her race would just mature faster than humans? Or she could've used tech to accelerate her aging after hearing about Jon's time travel related age up.
    So she would do that for Jon? That would be strange? It would make her more of pet then a person if she has to change to make him comfortable.

Incredible Member

Yep. As much as I would like Kathy to appear again, I don't see how she'd fit in the story without it being awkward (except in a "the hero returns to his hometown to see it hasn't changed but he has" story). I figure perhaps Boyzarro would be the easiest to bring back from the Rebirth era, because his status as a Bizarro means you can do whatever bizarre stuff you want with him to match Jon's age and no one would bat an eye (hell, they could even spin it as commentary on Jon's continuity without actually commenting on Jon's continuity).

Other than that, I figure they could include Intergang as a criminal syndicate that tried to kill him when he was young because of Lois's investigations? Readers wouldn't really need to know of the Lois & Clark mini to get how and why something like that would have happened to him. Just working with his base concept of "he's the son of Superman and Lois Lane" would explain it.

Yeeeeeeah. I was always indifferent about Kathy but she deserves better than having to go through some contrived metamorphosis to facilitate Jon's contrived metamorphosis. I'd rather they just..not call back to the Rebirth era. Much like PKJ's attempts at trying to recapture that magic for fans of real Jon, it'd just feel...kinda hollow. Hell I actively dislike Boyzarro and I still wouldn't wanna see him show up in this book. If you're trying to move on then just commit to moving on -___-

Personally I would want that Teenage Doomsday they introduced in DCyou, last seen in Red Hood, to show up. Because then you could play up “oh no Jon’s fighting his own doomsday” but in fact it’s just a poor kid who through an accident has been turned into a monster and Jon would feel that he needs to help him given the kind person Jon is.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Personally I would want that Teenage Doomsday they introduced in DCyou, last seen in Red Hood, to show up. Because then you could play up “oh no Jon’s fighting his own doomsday” but in fact it’s just a poor kid who through an accident has been turned into a monster and Jon would feel that he needs to help him given the kind person Jon is.
    I'd be down for Doomboy's appearance.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Hi.

So to be as efficiently cliché as possible, Son of Kal El was totally Superman for the new age.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Apparently it’s also sold out and going to a second printing

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...ller-gets-4th/
    Curious, did DC print small numbers of the 1st print or did retailers order small amounts? It's gone to 2nd print while titles that sold more didn't.

Is it just a PR thing? I've noticed the same with Taylors Nightwing and can't figure it out.

Pleased to see this title start off well. It was a strong start and I'm keen to see Jon come into his own.
    Last edited by Fergus; 08-07-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Curious, did DC print small numbers of the 1st print or did retailers order small amounts? It's gone to 2nd print while titles that sold more didn't.

Is it just a PR thing? I've noticed the same with Taylors Nightwing and can't figure it out.

Pleased to see this title start off well. It was a strong start and I'm keen to see Jon come into his own.
    They printed only around 54k copies going off estimates based on SSOKE sales position. Looks like that wasn’t enough.