Page 83 of 208 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3110

It literally just occurred to me as well Superlad lol. If Tynion is ending his run I can’t see Jimenez sticking around. He’ll leave with Tynion to go do creator owned, or he’ll jump over to another DC book and Taylor is a creator he’s worked with before and has said he wants to do Superman with. I definitely think he’s going to end up alternating with Timms on SSOKE.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It literally just occurred to me as well Superlad lol. If Tynion is ending his run I can’t see Jimenez sticking around. He’ll leave with Tynion to go do creator owned, or he’ll jump over to another DC book and Taylor is a creator he’s worked with before and has said he wants to do Superman with. I definitely think he’s going to end up alternating with Timms on SSOKE.
    I hope he sticks around with DC at the very least.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Easy come, easy go. Timms is still killing it beyond what I thought he'd be able to, so I'm good.

It also seems like Taylor's collaborator from Seven Secrets maaaaaaybe the assisting artist to Timms based on a tweet he put out and Taylor replied and retweeted.

And with that it seems clear that they want to lean into the sort of manga/anime style for Jon in terms of art. Something a little outside of "house style". This makes me hope that if we're "picking the bones" of Tynion's team then I'd love to see his Ghost Maker backups collaborator, Ricardo Lopez Ortiz, get a crack at drawing Jon with Taylor writing. Very much a cousin to Timms and Daniele Di Nicuolo (Seven Secrets).
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I can't imagine Jiminez would want to give up the hefty paycheck and royalties that come from drawing Batman, irregardless of who's writing it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    To each their own. In recent years, I greatly enjoyed the Tomasi run and Venditti's short run on Supes. Didn't find them boring at all.

Bendis did suck, though.
    Tomasi's run was great for jon kent.The actual protagonist wasn't very interesting..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I can't imagine Jiminez would want to give up the hefty paycheck and royalties that come from drawing Batman, irregardless of who's writing it.
    He’d make a lot more money doing a successful creator owned book with Tynion or Millar or whoever. Scott Snyder has said he made more money on his indie books than he ever did on Batman. You don’t do Big 2 work to get rich.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

He’d make a lot more money doing a successful creator owned book with Tynion or Millar or whoever. Scott Snyder has said he made more money on his indie books than he ever did on Batman. You don’t do Big 2 work to get rich.
    Pretty sure Jiminez is still under exclusive contract to DC, so I don't think he'd have the time to do any creator owned stuff. Artists can't do multiple books like writers can.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    And with that, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Having one of my top writers on this book is painful enough. Don't get one of my favorite artists involved too -____-

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Tomasi's run was great for jon kent.The actual protagonist wasn't very interesting..
    I've heard that a lot. But, as someone who didn't care about Superman before, unless he was part of an ensemble, Tomasi and Jurgens' runs are honestly what made me start warming up to Clark. Much like Cyclops in recent years, he went from being a character that I thought was boring, to one that I really enjoyed reading about. Hell, that era of Superman and Action Comics had me going back to read Pre-Flashpoint stories too.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-10-2021 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Well he and Tynion created bunch of new characters, I imagine he is somewhat interested that they wouldn't get dropped entirely by new creative team.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    And with that, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Having one of my top writers on this book is painful enough. Don't get one of my favorite artists involved too -____-

I've heard that a lot. But, as someone who didn't care about Superman before, unless he was part of an ensemble, Tomasi and Jurgens' runs are honestly what made me start warming up to Clark. Much like Cyclops in recent years, he went from being a character that I thought was boring, to one that I really enjoyed reading about. Hell, that era of Superman and Action Comics had me going back to read Pre-Flashpoint stories too.
    And how do you feel about Superman in the Pre-Flashpoint stories now?
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I didn't like preflashpoint stories either so we differ...I liked the cast and world building though.The guy doesn't offer me much.I Did't care for the naive farmboy routine.I Did't care for rule clinging boyscout.i did'nt care for dad routine.I Did't care for simplistic "hope harder" speeches.I Did't care for unearned respect and "tripping over your own feet" reverence showered at the guy.

The only postcrisis superman i like is american alien and superman for all season.I am just not into traditional superman in general and nor do i care for flying saviors...I like character's with fire and energy.Clark kent is a wet towel for me.Also love cyclops...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-10-2021 at 10:46 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    And how do you feel about Superman in the Pre-Flashpoint stories now?
    Wasn't a fan of New 52 Superman. At all. But then, I don't like most of the New 52. As for what's going on with him currently...also not a big fan but I'll admit to being intrigued. More interesting than what's going on with Jon at the moment but still not a direction I'd have wanted for him.

Wasn't a fan of New 52 Superman. At all. But then, I don't like most of the New 52. As for what's going on with him currently...also not a big fan but I'll admit to being intrigued. More interesting than what's going on with Jon at the moment but still not a direction I'd have wanted for him.
    Pre-Flashpoint, he’s asking for what you think of Superman stories from before the reboot, so Byrne, Triangle Era, Loeb, Azz, Rucka, Johns, Busiek, etc.

Pre-Flashpoint, he’s asking for what you think of Superman stories from before the reboot, so Byrne, Triangle Era, Loeb, Azz, Rucka, Johns, Busiek, etc.
    Oh shit. Wow. That's what happens when I read and cook at the same time.

To answer his question, I'm pretty damn fond of them. Don't love them as much as Tomasi's run. But I enjoyed quite a few different arcs that I mostly picked out at random. Never any full runs. The one that I was the most fond of was definitely what I read of Joe Kelly's Action Comics run.

Clark still isn't a character I love. But he's one that I have a lot of respect for now. Hell, as an aspiring screenwriter, his character archetype has gone from being one who I'd never in a million years wanna write for, to being one that I think I could have some fun with.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-10-2021 at 06:27 PM.