Page 89 of 208 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3110
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    EVS started the rumor, it’s fake.
    Thanks .. I was think how the house of El Jon's descendants would exist in a future state if Jon were gay.
    Last edited by Betinayen; 08-20-2021 at 09:33 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

That would be an odd choice given what's already been shown and what the plan for him was in 5G.

For one, House of El's Ronan and Rowan are directly from Jon's line in the sense that they're Kryptonian and born from Jon's kids

The solicitation for House of El even highlights this.

For an in continuity example Mon-El is also directly Jon's 6X great grandson from the 31st century.

And in 5G they were going to have Jon date Jenny Sparks/Q.

So this seems a little odd especially when House of El is still being used in the main story today.

_______

I don't know what to make of this since even the Twitter account says it's not confirmed in issue 2, but since I know that Twitter account's YouTube channel, it may just be some hateful speculation just because the first has pink hair?

But again, I don't know what to make of this.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-20-2021 at 09:35 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That would be an odd choice given what's already been shown and what the plan for him was in 5G.

For one, House of El's Ronan and Rowan are directly from Jon's line in the sense that they're Kryptonian and born from Jon's kids

For an in continuity example Mon-El is also directly Jon's 6X great grandson from the 31st century.

So this seems a little odd especially when House of El is still being used in the main story today.

_______

I don't know what to make of this since even the Twitter account says it's not confirmed in issue 2, but since I know that Twitter account's YouTube channel, it may just be some hateful speculation just because the first has pink hair?

i was thinking about this if jon is gay, where does Ronan and Rowan come in here ..

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    i was thinking about this if jon is gay, where does Ronan and Rowan come in here ..
    Same goes for Mon-El who is also directly within his line and a Kryptonian.

PKJ even recently said that all of the House of El members in his story could be of Jon's line and The Red King is the only of Clark's so it would be pretty odd.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

The only thing I can ascertain from that image is a good look at Jon’s suit. If Jon’s gay it doesn’t really change anything besides who he may date in his series. So long as he has cool storylines and awesome adventures it’s fine whatever they choose to do.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

Bisexual

He has a boyfriend and a girlfriend

Spectacular Member

Thanks .. I was think how the house of El Jon's descendants would exist in a future state if Jon were gay.
    I wouldn’t put too much stock in future state house of el

It’s not like PKJ series is a high seller that DC editorial is going to preserve at all costs

Plus you also have the prospect of a bisexual who has a boyfriend and a girlfriend

Spectacular Member

_______

There are so many ways that Jon can have biological kids and still be gay

There are simply too many ways to count that don’t require much explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    There are so many ways that Jon can have biological kids and still be gay

There are simply too many ways to count that don’t require much explanation
    In the real world yes 100%. Life is robust and complex. But as far as I've seen there isn't an example of a DC character ever identifying as gay early in life and then having biological kids. I've never known DC to be that nuanced.

And I have to wonder about the 5G plans for Jon dating Jenny. If plans such as Superman & The Authority survived into this era even with a new writer in PKJ, I have no reason to think they wouldn't with Taylor.

I can be guilty of "please be gay" perspective, and I'm not seeing any compelling evidence that Jon is queer.
    As for his descendants, there are plenty of ways of queer men to have biological kids. Being bi with a sexual relationship is one way, but gay guys can have bio kids in the real world. This concept isn't that hard.
    And the 5G future may never happen. Realistically it should be decades in comic time before Jon is even thinking about having kids anyways.

People read too much into things, especially when there's literally no real substance to what they claim as proof, only superficial aspects. Remember when people thought Tim was gay after the first issue of his UL story where he meets up with Bernard for a meal? There's nothing a gay about that. Having a meal with male friend is not a date. The most queer thing I saw about Tim's UL story was that very last panel about accepting Bernard's offer to go on a real date.

This new character is such a boring stereotype. College-aged millennial with dyed hair and hipster glasses. For some that was their "coming out" moment and first attempt at embracing themselves and being unapologetic about it, but not everyone is like that, and the same goes for this new character. For some, this new character is "clearly" queer-coded in the most bastardized, Tumblr definition of the word (source: I've been using Tumblr since 2013).
    Last edited by garazza; 08-20-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Spectacular Member

In the real world yes 100%. Life is robust and complex. But as far as I've seen there isn't an example of a DC character ever identifying as gay early in life and then having biological kids. I've never known DC to be that nuanced.

And I have to wonder about the 5G plans for Jon dating Jenny. If plans such as Superman & The Authority survived into this era even with a new writer in PKJ, I have no reason to think they wouldn't with Taylor.

DC would love the headlines and would definitely get nuanced if they think gay Jon would increase sales

Marvel already embraced the idea of three way relationships

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    People read too much into things, especially when there's literally no real substance to what they claim as proof, only superficial things. Remember when people thought Tim was gay after the first issue of his UL story where he meets up with Bernard for a meal? There's nothing a gay about that. Having a meal with male friend is not a date.

This new character is such a boring stereotype. College-aged millennial with dyed hair and hipster glasses. For some that was their "coming out" moment and first attempt at embracing themselves and being unapologetic about it, but not everyone is like that, and the same goes for this new character. For some, this new character is "clearly" queer-coded in the most bastardized, Tumblr definition of the word (source: I've been using Tumblr since 2013).
    You still sound butthurt about son of Kal-el getting a second printing

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I can be guilty of "please be gay" perspective, and I'm not seeing any compelling evidence that Jon is queer.
    As for his descendants, there are plenty of ways of queer men to have biological kids. Being bi with a sexual relationship is one way, but gay guys can have bio kids in the real world. This concept isn't that hard.
    And the 5G future may never happen. Realistically it should be decades in comic time before Jon is even thinking about having kids anyways.
    Again, I'm not saying gay men can't have bio kids. I'd never say that. I'm saying that I don't believe DC to be that nuanced. And because of that, when they introduce the in continuity great, great, great, great, great, great grandson of Jon Kent, Mon-El in the Legion book, it doesn't leave me thinking Jon'll be anything but straight. And this is based off DC as a company and not what is clearly possible in the real world.

And if you do that more times in House of El and plaster it on a solicitation then I continue to not think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    DC would love the headlines and would definitely get nuanced if they think gay Jon would increase sales

Marvel already embraced the idea of three way relationships
    Marvel hasn't embraced anything. They've very slightly implied something at best, but leave so much room for it to be walked back that it makes me sick.

I don't think they'll just magically grow nuance.

But Like I said before, I can't possibly know what the plan is here. It just seems very contradictory.