Page 91 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 3110
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re literally just saying this scene gives off “gay vibes” which is hilarious because it’s only going to encourage the Twitter shippers to keep demanding Jon be made gay for real. Of course Taylor isn’t above pandering to Twitter but I don’t believe Jon will be anything other than friends with this guy, and he will probably get a new girlfriend.
    I think for them, they also see this new gay character as Jon’s “Lois Lane”, because he’s a modern day YouTube reporter.

Spectacular Member

I’m so torn between this purple haired YouTube reporter and Damian Wayne in terms of shipping

Can DC put Jon in some clothes that isn't his freaking costume? That's something that's legitimately bothered me more than the age up itself. His disguise barely lasted a few pages.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Surprised how much of Taylor’s teasers from his interviews were packed into the few preview pages, but it does feel like a true #1 with all the setup. Starting with Jon watching The Truth news stream:

“A boatload of asylum seekers have escaped the—supposedly—glorious Gamorra and are traveling over rough seas towards Metropolis”

"There's going to be somebody that represents a lot of what Jon disagrees with in this world. Someone quite corrupt who is essentially driving people away from a nation and lying about how good their nation is while driving these people away."
    Seems like the new villain will be the leader of Gamorra. I’m not familiar with the Wildstorm universe, anyone have insights there? And is Metropolis somehow on the West Coast now?

Some other details:

And yes, just because he's angry about the climate crisis, or he's angry about guns, or he's angry about dictatorships, or is angry about or upset about all empathizing with refugees, it doesn't mean he can act on all of that without destabilizing the world.
    Issue #1 already touched on the climate crisis, and issue #2 sets up dictatorships, refugees, and an attempted shooting. I assumed Taylor would be giving each social issue their own arc, but it seems like he’ll be throwing everything at Jon all at once. It’ll be interesting to see how it goes.

It seems like Jay is under the chameleon mask for The Truth livestream (he has the orange hoodie and green mask in hand in the panels below). Honest Mary from the Superman of Metropolis backups had a pet lizard that rode around on her shoulder, so if she’s connected with The Truth maybe the organization has a reptile theme going on? Reptiles shed their skin, and it’s an interesting subtle theme if they’re going to be helping Jon create a new identity.

So of course, there’s going to be a part of him that wants to hide and doesn’t want to be in that scrutiny all the time. And he may find friends that help him do that.

I think this scene will segue into Jay helping Jon create a new secret identity. Damian won’t be pleased lol

You know who else I think will be part of the Truth organization? Taylor’s Revolutionaries from his Suicide Squad run. He’s been teasing them showing up again and it would make sense for them to do so here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Jay seems to be a play on the Clark Kent duality (epically if he's the one to make Jon a secret identity).

This would imply that the face with the glasses that he wears in public isn't his true face. It's the "mask" he wears to blend in. It's only when he's wearing the chameleon mask and sheading light on injustice that he truly feels like himself.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Not to beat this horse dead, but I decided to go ahead and EVS' video, and while he says he got this "scoop" before anyone he also conveniently pulls up a reddit post where someone wanted Jon to come out as gay during Future State. This reddit post was made 6 months ago. He then basically makes fun of the post for a few minutes.

Having absolutely no idea what the actual plan is, it seems very possible that EVS simply stumbled onto this post one day, got mad at it, and then made this up. The man literally started the "scoop" off with, believe it or not, "they're coming for your children." The comic shops already have the SoK issue #2, so EVS it's possible that EVS or a shop owner saw Superman daring to speak to a college aged pink haired young man and immediately went "well, guess the SJWs made Superman a soy boy".

This is also coming hot of the heels of Tim Drake being bi, and EVS ranting about how "ALL the characters are gay now", so he may have been looking for a ax to grind and linked this up with the "DC's gonna get the rights to Clark Kent taken away" "scoop" he got along with this.

Again, we won't know till we know, but this is starting to read like a very small and angry dude trying to get people to be just as mad at everything as he is.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Not to beat this horse dead, but I decided to go ahead and EVS' video, and while he says he got this "scoop" before anyone he also conveniently pulls up a reddit post where someone wanted Jon to come out as gay during Future State. This reddit post was made 6 months ago. He then basically makes fun of the post for a few minutes.

Having absolutely no idea what the actual plan is, it seems very possible that EVS simply stumbled onto this post one day, got mad at it, and then made this up. The man literally started the "scoop" off with, believe it or not, "they're coming for your children." The comic shops already have the SoK issue #2, so EVS it's possible that EVS or a shop owner saw Superman daring to speak to a college aged pink haired young man and immediately went "well, guess the SJWs made Superman a soy boy".

This is also coming hot of the heels of Tim Drake being bi, and EVS ranting about how "ALL the characters are gay now", so he may have been looking for a ax to grind and linked this up with the "DC's gonna get the rights to Clark Kent taken away" "scoop" he got along with this.

Again, we won't know till we know, but this is starting to read like a very small and angry dude trying to get people to be just as mad at everything as he is.
    Who is EVS?
    Last edited by Betinayen; 08-20-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    Who is EVS? What he does ??
    His name is Ethan Van Sciver. He was once a pretty popular artist for DC, and he worked with Johns on Flash and GL. But DC eventually let him go as he started to produce more and more hateful and inflammatory remarks towards fans and other creators. He then joined comicsgate, a hate group dedicated to demonizing and gatekeeping minority groups in comics. These days he creates a kickstarter funded comic, and runs a YouTube channel where he markets himself as having "insider secrets", but apparently he's regularly proven wrong and called out for it, but he produces videos with big eye-catching headlines that other not credible sites like We Got This Covered will run for the clicks and quietly forget when they're not proven real.

Incidentally, the only sites that are running this "scoop" are We Got This Covered and other sites like it, so take that for what you will.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Betinayen View Post
    Who is EVS?
    a tiny dick former DC artist who got blacklisted off of the industry because of his associations with comics-gate

The reason why people are taking him seriously is because one of his followers leaked an actual page from the book showing “flirting” between the purple haired reporter kid and Jon, which is 100 percent legit because the art looks exactly like timms
    Last edited by Vathlonian; 08-20-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Amazing Member

His name is Ethan Van Sciver. He was once a pretty popular artist for DC, and he worked with Johns on Flash and GL. But DC eventually let him go as he started to produce more and more hateful and inflammatory remarks towards fans and other creators. He then joined comicsgate, a hate group dedicated to demonizing and gatekeeping minority groups in comics. These days he creates a kickstarter funded comic, and runs a YouTube channel where he markets himself as having "insider secrets", but apparently he's regularly proven wrong and called out for it, but he produces videos with big eye-catching headlines that other not credible sites like We Got This Covered will run for the clicks and quietly forget when they're not proven real.

Incidentally, the only sites that are running this "scoop" are We Got This Covered and other sites like it, so take that for what you will.
    thanks .. i was not aware of all the things about EVS

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vathlonian View Post
    a tiny dick former DC artist who got blacklisted off of the industry because of his associations with comics-gate

The reason why people are taking him seriously is because one of his followers leaked an actual page from the book showing “flirting” between the purple haired reporter kid and Jon, which is 100 percent legit because the art looks exactly like timms
    I wasn't aware of all this things about EVS .. Thanks

Dude why? I would’ve thought much better of you, it’s just clickbait from EVS to squeeze outrage clicks. This is the guy who said DC would die in June, clearly he doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about. He saw a dude with purple hair and freaked out.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Absolutely 1000% disclaimer: I’m not here to argue your point, since I’m aware of my own confirmation biases at play here and I’m not believing a damn thing unless I see it with my own eyes, but there might be evidence that Jon is queer. EVS said he got his scoop from sources at DC, but more interestingly, Queerty—an LGBT publication—reportedly reached out to sources at DC and confirmed it as well.

https://www.queerty.com/gay-gasp-sup...McTnWk.twitter

Take that all with a grain of salt, of course; DC Comics has yet to comment officially on the matter. That said, we’ve reached out to sources at DC ourselves who have confirmed that the rumor is more or less correct: Jon Kent will come out as queer.
    I take the “more or less” to mean that Jon will come out as bi instead of gay, but I’m also skeptical of anonymous sources. Still, it would be strange and embarrassing for an LGBT publication to get duped on this.

On other points, PKJ liked a few tweets as early as January or February (I only remember it was pre-Infinite Frontier) about making Jon LGBT yes, that’s where my suspicions started and I’ve been hanging to that for a very long time. Taylor has as well. Taylor’s also teased that the new character introduced in issue #2 will be “VERY important” and “have a very big role”, and since the villain introduced in #2 is actually a character we’ve seen before, Jay must be the all important new character. Taylor also teased that issue #5 will have people talking around the world, and said cover for that issue had a shipbait-y moment for Jon and Jay. This was also hot off the heels of people talking about Tim Drake coming out as bi, and I can’t think of anything else that Taylor expects to make headlines. It’s f*cking comic books, people don’t even care when a character dies anymore.

This is one of the weaker points, but I don’t know if there’s a particular reason for Taylor to stress the importance of someone who’s just going to be Jon’s new bestie. Love interests are often one of the first and most important supporting characters established in a standard superhero story, not only because they provide romantic drama, but because they’re often the main sounding board for the hero. There’s presently no other other candidate that’s being promoted as someone Jon develops a close bond to.

Probably the most intriguing evidence comes from you actually, Superlad We know that Jon/Jenny were supposed to be a couple in 5G and you yourself speculated that Jay was a reincarnation of Jenny, so it’s possible that Jon/Jay is Jon/Jenny but the latter is simply genderbent. They even kept the Asian background and “J” naming.

But again, these are my own confirmation biases. See disclaimer above.

/steps off “THAT GUY” soapbox

I've always said, though not here, that one way for DC to stick it to kid Jon fans would be to be make him queer.