Page 97 of 208 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3110

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    All comixology says is volume 1 and 2

Edit: looked it up change or die is in volume 2
    If you read the description it looks like that’s Vol 1 & 2 of Ellis’ run, which both collect his entire run it seems. So yeah you can pick up those two and be good to go.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If you read the description it looks like that’s Vol 1 & 2 of Ellis’ run, which both collect his entire run it seems. So yeah you can pick up those two and be good to go.
    Read a bit, this guy sounds like he belongs with Doctor Sivana of Shazam for mad scientists. Not surprised to see he’s running a country and being a Superman villain.

Edit: Actually I could see him being a lot like Amanda Waller as well.
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-24-2021 at 10:59 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah that’s completely fine by me, so long as the stories are good I don’t care. I’m a straight man and I’ve regularly read Midnighter and Apollo for years....which ironically is an accurate comparison since Bendix is involved.

Also I think if you were trying to label him it would be Bi considering his onpage romance/relationship with Saturn Girl. So Jon wouldn’t just be Gay right? Or am I completely misunderstanding how that work?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Issue 2 was good

Thanks for more click bait bleeding cool. Jay seems more like a stock shonen rival/friend than a love interest. Then again shonen rivalries are ship bait...
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

I cannot even begin to describe the feeling of being validated for something I’ve suspected since January/February. EVS doesn’t get to have credit for breaking this.

I need to lie down.

Also are “Jay is genderbent Jenny” theories back on the table now??

Incredible Member

So they want him to be queer, but they haven't decided on a label yet. Okay I guess, color me surprised, I didn't think they'd actually do it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Yeah that’s completely fine by me, so long as the stories are good I don’t care. I’m a straight man and I’ve regularly read Midnighter and Apollo for years....which ironically is an accurate comparison since Bendix is involved.

Also I think if you were trying to label him it would be Bi considering his onpage romance/relationship with Saturn Girl. So Jon wouldn’t just be Gay right? Or am I completely misunderstanding how that work?
    It sounds the plan is having him being "queer".

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It sounds the plan is having him being "queer".
    Fair enough
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

So is there any required reading for this returning villain that we meet at the end?
    Nah, I'm sure they've made changes, so it's not "the" Bendix and "the" Gamorra exactly of the previous Wildstorm Universe. The ruler of Gamorra in the Wildstorm Universe was *not* Bendix. It was Kaizen Gamorra who named his island after himself. https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kaizen_Ga...torm_Universe)

(If this were a DC or Marvel film, a white guy replacing an Asian guy would be a big deal.)

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    - It's a group of seemingly Japanese people coming through the Atlantic to the USA. Weird choice.
    They're Gamorran, not Japanese. I forget where Gamorra was located (but as mentioned previously changes have been made in any case), so it could still be weird to travel Atlantic instead of Pacific but not necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s zero indication of any romance between Jon and Jay by the way,
    I don't think anyone expected them to jump into bed or even kiss in this issue. If there's romance, it will happen down the line. Plus, Jon could still be gay but with someone else, not Jay.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    I cannot even begin to describe the feeling of being validated for something I’ve suspected since January/February. EVS doesn’t get to have credit for breaking this.
    So you get credit then, lol? Generally the person who gets credit for breaking something is someone who reports the story citing sources inside DC (i.e. doesn't just just write a fan theory on a message board) and has a big enough audience that the reporting reaches other news sites who then talk to DC to confirm. That's EVS in this case.

Credit where due. EVS broke this story. Now, he apparently has missed or been wrong on other stories, right? So he should get due credit/blame for those as well. But fair is fair.

Incredible Member

Not really loving this comic as much as I thought I would. Taylor is tackling a lot of the same issues he is in Nightwing but for some reason it feels a lot more unnatural. Still decent but just not great.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    So you get credit then, lol? Generally the person who gets credit for breaking something is someone who reports the story citing sources inside DC (i.e. doesn't just just write a fan theory on a message board) and has a big enough audience that the reporting reaches other news sites who then talk to DC to confirm. That's EVS in this case.

Credit where due. EVS broke this story. Now, he apparently has missed or been wrong on other stories, right? So he should get due credit/blame for those as well. But fair is fair.
    No, DEFINITELY don’t credit me lol. I didn’t meant to speak literally, I was just claiming something important to me on a personal level. If EVS gets credit I don’t mind either way.
    Last edited by oneveryfineday; 08-24-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Not really loving this comic as much as I thought I would. Taylor is tackling a lot of the same issues he is in Nightwing but for some reason it feels a lot more unnatural. Still decent but just not great.
    I remain agnostic for now but agree that the two series are thematically similar. In Nightwing, it's "Bruce could've done more, and Dick will show how in the pages of this comic." And in SoKE, it's "Clark could've done more, and Jon will show how in the pages of this comic."

Let's see in both cases if Taylor can deliver the goods.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I remain agnostic for now but agree that the two series are thematically similar. In Nightwing, it's "Bruce could've done more, and Dick will show how in the pages of this comic." And in SoKE, it's "Clark could've done more, and Jon will show how in the pages of this comic."

Let's see in both cases if Taylor can deliver the goods.
    Agreed. In Nightwings case though, it feels very much in line with Dick and Bruce’s personality and highlights their differences. In Superman’s case, it kinda feels like Tom is just forcing his political ideology into the Superman franchise. Like it’s a little on the nose. It also might feel like that because in the Nightwing book there are other running plot points so it’s not overwhelming.

I do like Jon’s characterization and think the books got potential. Just wish it wasn’t quite so heavy handed.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 08-24-2021 at 01:40 PM.