Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Exclusively older stuff for me, a mix of nostalgia and runs I missed. I have no desire to collect floppies again and big "collected editions" are partly what got me back into reading comics again.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

About 95% old stuff from DC and Marvel both. Between Marvel Unlimited and DC Universe Infinite, there is so much old stuff to read. Most of it is much more enjoyable for me.

Both but I'm mainly reading new ones right now.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

In recent years I've stuck entirely to old comics. The few new books I've sampled just didn't hold my attention.
    The announcement of the new Blue and Gold book will have me reading at least one new DC book in July

BANNED

Old stuffs. Most of new stuffs are not interesting enough to me.

Mostly old stuff. Really hard to find something current that really excites me. I have all the Snyders Justice League TPBs lined up for me to read, and I simply couldn't get past the second. I Have Johns Doomsday Clock and Shazam TPBS also on my waiting list, however they always loose their place on the waiting list for Stuff like Ordway's Power of Shazam, PAD's book 5 of Young Justice, Wolfman's most recent New Teen Titans TPB, The Final Night, and so on... I'm having the same problem with Marvel. The old stuff is much more appealing to me.

Peace

All of my DC reading are comics published before 2000. I've really lost interest in modern comics.

All-New Member

only Old i am now reading old Batman comics from Golden and SIlver age

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Older comics for me since my favs are almost never doing anything in recent continuity. Newer would probably be events or just recently the new GL.

I'll echo the recommendation here for people who are sick of modern big two comics to give Manga a go. Once you look past the Shonen battle stuff that most westerners immediately think of when Manga is mentioned, you'll find there's a ton of great material out there, something for every taste and mood.

Old stuff for me. I don't like the current direction of most of the books. The past few years I've been disappointed by the modern DC stuff. So I finally cut ties and just read the old books. I found I'm much happier that way.

Exclamation

This post got flagged so I’m editing it. I’d recommended a series from another publisher which I didn’t realize was a faux pas. I understand why it is though, it’s a good rule, I’m glad I was flagged and got the chance to edit out the offending comment. Sorry y’all.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 04-23-2021 at 08:35 PM.

A little of both, but not the latest titles as of late since the New 52. Just couldn't be on board with that.

I read Fire Power after the price drop, everything else is old, since I am a digital reader why not just read all the great books, modern stuff reads like really bad fan fiction from the big 2.

I mostly read old comics
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut