Always Rakzo

Default Teen Titans Academy #2 Discussion/Spoilers

Yeah, not exactly getting better.

Tim Sheridan delivers a new chapter that I've seen many times before. As I mentioned before, I believe Scott Lobdell executed the premise of "Young Metahumans learning to become heroes" much better during his Generation Outlaw arc in Red Hood but the similarities become even more prominent after seeing Stitch who is pretty similar to one of the characters that Lobdell created there. Is especially bad because most of the cast are either unlikable or have no personality at all and just when you think one of them has potential, you just start realizing that very little is going to be satisfying from it.

Take for example the introduction of Matt, a character who has a huge resemblance to Conner Kent, Superboy, and doesn't know where he came from which initially made me suspect that this could actually be the New 52 Superboy who just disappeared before Rebirth but after a while, it gets clear that this is just another character and a wasted opportunity but this doesn't come much of a surprise considering Sheridan's attention to DC history seems limited to the Teen Titans show.

Speaking of which, I'm seriously not interested in reading more of Sheridan's Red X fanfiction that tries to elevate a character that was left forgotten almost two decades ago in an animated series and even worse, this seems to have a connection to the Suicide Squad because we sure as hell needed to crossover with yet another mediocre title.

Rafa Sandoval's art is flexible as usual with a lot of energy and he deserves better than this.

Just skip it, don't expect much next.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman