Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post Why I am blessed to be a Marvel fans than DC Comics

Here is the list of summary the difference between these big two:
    FACT-01.jpg

Mighty Member

Don't know if this is satire or not, but it's a mixed bag either way.
    Generally, Marvel does better than DC, but they've had some rough periods.
    Into the Spider-verse was separate from the rest of the Marvel arm, being a Sony product through and through (and I'll admit, it's probably the best film they've done since Spider-man 2 back in 2004).

DC has a better grasp on initiatives, they don't really reboot their comics unless they feel like they have to
    Bendis' first Justice League issue would have been a new #1 if it was Marvel.

Relaunches work, but you need to play them carefully and Marvel like to do so whenever there is a new writer.

Saying that, Marvel is doing better than DC just because they are putting out better books.

Mighty Member

I'm a marvel fan, but this list is one of the most embarassing that I have read
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Don't know if this is satire or not, but it's a mixed bag either way.
    Generally, Marvel does better than DC, but they've had some rough periods.
    Into the Spider-verse was separate from the rest of the Marvel arm, being a Sony product through and through (and I'll admit, it's probably the best film they've done since Spider-man 2 back in 2004).

DC has a better grasp on initiatives, they don't really reboot their comics unless they feel like they have to
    Bendis' first Justice League issue would have been a new #1 if it was Marvel.

Relaunches work, but you need to play them carefully and Marvel like to do so whenever there is a new writer.

Saying that, Marvel is doing better than DC just because they are putting out better books.
    Valiant and others do the same thing.

So it's not a Marvel exculsive.

Not sure I agree completely with the list. I will agree that DC better get a JSA book out soon or Marvel is just going to increase the gap. Marvel does put out better books though.

Some of the points are ridiculous but the one concerning redheads is legit.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Will we ever get another Marvel/DC crossover?

Astonishing Member

I've only read a few DC books but I think their characters are ridiculously powerful. Superman alone can do so much stuff yet he's able to be taken down by kryptonite? It's a bit silly to me but I'm going to give DC a chance.

Incredible Member

List is bad. Besides, why identify yourself so much with one corporation over the other? Consume what you like from each company, and discard what you don't like.

For example, I probably consume more DC than Marvel overall, but why would I become a DC fanboy and have that become part of my identity when I also love Punisher, Daredevil, and some X-Men so much? This is without getting into Image and the indies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    List is bad. Besides, why identify yourself so much with one corporation over the other? Consume what you like from each company, and discard what you don't like.

For example, I probably consume more DC than Marvel overall, but why would I become a DC fanboy and have that become part of my identity when I also love Punisher, Daredevil, and some X-Men so much? This is without getting into Image and the indies.
    I used to be such a big marvel fanboy when I was younger and thought I was clever for saying DC stood for Dumb Comics.

But honestly, it has some great stuff.
    I wouldn't let one determine my whole identity, especially as Marvel don't give a crap about me.
    Regardless, branching out allows you to find some really good stuff

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post

Exactly. Ebb and flow man.

A lot of those are unfair to DC and give Marvel a pass. As badly as WB has fucked up the DC movies, for instance, not releasing the Snyder Cut for 3 years wasn't just some attempt to spite the fans. It was because Batman v Superman got terrible reviews and underperformed at the box office. It didn't happen out of nowhere.

Marvel's black characters like Black Panther, Falcon, Luke Cage and Storm are better than DC's black characters including Cyborg, Black Lightning, Bronze Tiger

Marvel's female characters such as Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Invisible Woman, Namora, Storm, Scarlet Witch etc, are better than DC's female characters including Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Supergirl

Deadpool is better than Deathstroke

Fantastic Member

I enjoy bits of both.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I've only read a few DC books but I think their characters are ridiculously powerful.
    So are marvel characters.

Superman alone can do so much stuff yet he's able to be taken down by kryptonite? It's a bit silly to me but I'm going to give DC a chance.

Certain verisons of Hyperion could be taken down by Argonite radiation for example.
    Trivia
    Hyperion was created as a imitation of DC Comics' Superman.
    Anyway All of dc characters are not overpowered.
    Some are and some are not.
    Just like marvel.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-22-2021 at 02:59 AM.