Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Here is the list of summary the difference between these big two:
    Anyway i agree with this list.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Marvel's black characters like Black Panther, Falcon, Luke Cage and Storm are better than DC's black characters including Cyborg, Black Lightning, Bronze Tiger

Marvel's female characters such as Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Invisible Woman, Namora, Storm, Scarlet Witch etc, are better than DC's female characters including Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Supergirl

Deadpool is better than Deathstroke
    I agree.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-22-2021 at 03:05 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Marvel's black characters like Black Panther, Falcon, Luke Cage and Storm are better than DC's black characters including Cyborg, Black Lightning, Bronze Tiger

Marvel's female characters such as Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Invisible Woman, Namora, Storm, Scarlet Witch etc, are better than DC's female characters including Wonder Woman, Batgirl, Supergirl
    Whilst Marvel has better POC characters in general I think that DC has better female characters

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    List is bad. Besides, why identify yourself so much with one corporation over the other? Consume what you like from each company, and discard what you don't like.

For example, I probably consume more DC than Marvel overall, but why would I become a DC fanboy and have that become part of my identity when I also love Punisher, Daredevil, and some X-Men so much? This is without getting into Image and the indies.
    The bolded is very important.

Why attach yourself to one corporation over another?

It doesn't make sense.

Extraordinary Member

As someone said, attaching yourself to one brand or another is just limiting yourself, but anyone taking that joke about the Zemo cut as anything but a joke (oh I wish people could just make a joke and not use it as ammo) is not flattering to people who identify with Marvel, unless you just like low effort pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Some of the points are ridiculous but the one concerning redheads is legit.
    Daredevil in jail for murder and Jean Grey being absent from large chunks of Marvel's publishing history for being a murderer don't seem to agree with this.

Marvel has mistreated redheads plenty of times and they have killed off just as many teens as DC if not more (just ask the X-Men fans).

Enjoy both actually liked DC first then got into Marvel mainly X-Men and Spiderman...later DD,FF4 etc

I started with DC because of Superman and Batman. But then I became more of a Marvel fan because of Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four. I still like lots of DC Comics.

Both companies are more or less **** right now but Marvel has more golden nuggets (Immortal Hulk, Daredevil, Current X-Men, Venom until all the recent Null nonsense anyway) hidden in the stinking pile of crap, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Marvel has mistreated redheads plenty of times and they have killed off just as many teens as DC if not more (just ask the X-Men fans).
    That's the Old Marvel. Not the current Marvel management.

Disagree about not giving underrated characters spotlight. Almost every underrated DC hero has had a good solo comic run at some point (Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Starman, Manhunter, Green Arrow, Orion, Catwoman, Unknown Soldier, OMAC etc...).

And disagree about lack of variety, maybe in 2021 that's the case, but back then that wasn't true. You have your space operas in LOSH, New Gods, or you can have your westerns in Jonah Hex, or you can have your horror stuff in Swamp Thing and House of Mystery. There's actually more variety if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    That's the Old Marvel. Not the current Marvel management.
    The old Marvel wasn't that long ago. See also Maddie Pryor.

I like both.

Dc is untouchable in the area where its heroes feel more heroic and larger than life. Marvel can't match the feel of Justice League (the big 3 and 7). DC is top-heavy and it works for them. Marvel isn't as top-heavy which is why groups like FF, X-men, Champions, Runways work and smaller street-level heroes can thrive.

I like that we have different things

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Disagree about not giving underrated characters spotlight. Almost every underrated DC hero has had a good solo comic run at some point (Firestorm, Blue Beetle, Starman, Manhunter, Green Arrow, Orion, Catwoman, Unknown Soldier, OMAC etc...).

And disagree about lack of variety, maybe in 2021 that's the case, but back then that wasn't true. You have your space operas in LOSH, New Gods, or you can have your westerns in Jonah Hex, or you can have your horror stuff in Swamp Thing and House of Mystery. There's actually more variety if you ask me.
    They are talking about recent times. Not stuff that came out 10-20 years ago.

DC has more newer characters but then they fade into obscurity because they don't have a niche in-universe. Silencer who?

I like both.

But Marvel definitely milks Spider-man as much as DC milks Batman. There's a lot of Spider-Man and Spider-Man themed characters or spinoff heroes/villains running around. (Hell, the King in Black stuff can be tied back to Spider-Man through Venom).

Mighty Member

I can agree this statement.