Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

WOW that was a great issue!! I think this might be the strongest start yet for the whole Hickman era. These questions have been lingering for so long, it is curious if COVID did delay the series. Hickman laid the groundwork so long ago that I feel this might be the case.

Kurt is such a perfect character for this title. Si Spurrier perfectly captured his essence. I love that he didn't go easy on Christianity and really kind of put the whole faith on blast but somehow was still respectful. Kurt questioning his faith is exactly what should be happening now, given that this kind of "paradise" has been "achieved". Magneto's line about Jesus and resurrection was perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Sooooooo am I the only person that believes this book deserves a better artist?
    The art is good and actually very reminiscent of Adam Kubert. But I do think the series would benefit from a darker, more gothic style. I'd say something that would fit into the Vertigo comics like Hellblazer and Constantine.

The ending of this comic gave me one of those thrills only an excellent comic can give. So excited to see what is in store for David now that he's back under the pen of Si.

Nightcrawler's journey should be fascinating, and I'm not sure he and David will end up being enemies -- count me as another who believes the Patchwork Man is something more than just David being horrible.

I'd like to think all the growth David went through before will still be there, and he wouldn't hurt kids for no reason.

-Pav, who can't speak for certain personalities...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Taking a look through the thread, it doesn't seem like this particular reference came up...

Not that surprising though. It was pretty low-key, and you would most likely need to be of a certain age/inclination to be aware if it's existence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oblique_Strategies

I'm cautiously optimistic so far. This series will live and die by its conclusion though. More so than any of the other books this run, I think. If the end result is Kurt basically deciding he's in the wrong here it will be horrible. But that's worse case scenario, and I think they're going in a different direction.

I really liked this issue. This series feels really necessary. It's tackling all our questions about mutant society.
    The X-office couldn't have picked a better writer for this type of book. Spurrier is smart as hell. I don't think Hickman himself could do this concept justice.

On a side note, I just realized I would really love to see Stacy X join the cast. She was Kurt's teammate during the Joe Casey's UXM and I think she'd provide an interesting counterbalance to Kurt's moral concerns.

Astonishing Member

I get the feeling that by the time this book ends I’ll have a newfound appreciation for Nightcrawler and he’ll be one of my favorite X-characters. Easily one of the strongest first issues of the X-line imo.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I get the feeling that by the time this book ends I’ll have a newfound appreciation for Nightcrawler and he’ll be one of my favorite X-characters. Easily one of the strongest first issues of the X-line imo.
    Let us hope the momentum keeps this time, and that this becomes one of the best Nightcrawlers stories told.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic so far. This series will live and die by its conclusion though. More so than any of the other books this run, I think. If the end result is Kurt basically deciding he's in the wrong here it will be horrible. But that's worse case scenario, and I think they're going in a different direction.
    Which direction do you feel it is going?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Which direction do you feel it is going?
    I have a hard time putting it into words. Something with more depth, I think. But there are a lot of ways it could go.

This was so good just to be messy i want Beast to have the first will that alters something. I want his request to be put back to before he did his own experiments.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Uhhh... No.
    My flag is bacon.

I'm a big Si Spurrier fan and the issue exceeded my expectations. I'm looking forward to what come next. I'm hoping Sister Lost sticks around. I agree with the other posters about Legion not being the Patchwork man. Although the Patchwork man's outfit is a step up for Legion.

I'm curious if Legion is gonna get any screentime with Proteus. There's a battle of the brothers trope that is demanding to be done with those two.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm a big Si Spurrier fan and the issue exceeded my expectations. I'm looking forward to what come next. I'm hoping Sister Lost sticks around. I agree with the other posters about Legion not being the Patchwork man. Although the Patchwork man's outfit is a step up for Legion.

I'm curious if Legion is gonna get any screentime with Proteus. There's a battle of the brothers trope that is demanding to be done with those two.
    Battle of the brothers?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Battle of the brothers?
    You know Cain and Abel. One brother is an Outsider while the other is a pillar of the community. That's ripe for tension to be exploited.

Also dont know if anyone cares but Si Spurrier just did an interview with the Power of Xmen podcast where he talks about Way of X
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer