Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...of-x-1-review/

ComicsBeat.com did a rundown of the issue.

Really a great first issue. Addressing a lot of the “concerns” that have arisen with Krakoa. Mags was a little too preachy in the bar but I think he was being overly dramatic on purpose to flip Kurt’s prank on him. I liked the art. Really curious about this book dealing with the ban on pre-cogs.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Kurt looks so small, so alone, I want someone to give him a hug. Or just take him out for a bier.

Attachment 108746
    Logan agrees with him about the crucible. Rest is fan fiction that you created. Thats all I want.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Taking a look through the thread, it doesn't seem like this particular reference came up...

Not that surprising though. It was pretty low-key, and you would most likely need to be of a certain age/inclination to be aware if it's existence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oblique_Strategies
    Whaaaat, totally missed that. I was literally listening to Eno's 70s records yesterday.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Logan agrees with him about the crucible. Rest is fan fiction that you created. Thats all I want.
    Laughs. True.
    But I do write very fine fanfic!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Taking a look through the thread, it doesn't seem like this particular reference came up...

Not that surprising though. It was pretty low-key, and you would most likely need to be of a certain age/inclination to be aware if it's existence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oblique_Strategies
    Ooh, good catch, I have indeed heard these (because I am aged and venerable).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    One thing I found kinda odd about Kurt’s conversation with Doctor Nemesis is that he seemed to be at a loss of a response for him questioning him about God. Kurt’s canonically been to Heaven so how is he at a loss there?
    My thinking is Moira has in effect created a series of lives, whether they exist as alternate branches of this universe ,I don't know but it would imply NCrawler only went to heaven in one or some of the other lives, but not this one-life X

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Does anyone understand the Krakoa growing out of his scalp thing on Nemesis?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Nope, but he’s the sort of arrogant git who’d try doing it because... science.

I found it really interesting that both Magneto and Dr N are critical of Kurt and his beliefs but Dr N was engaging with Kurt rather than dominating and dismissing without constructive intercourse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Laughs. True.
    But I do write very fine fanfic!
    Kurt having his own book(in a way) is a delight(solo book I wanted aside from Wolverine). The social norms in Krakoa is an interested topic to be explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    He's using his head to grow mushrooms. They also affect his body.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    My thinking is Moira has in effect created a series of lives, whether they exist as alternate branches of this universe ,I don't know but it would imply NCrawler only went to heaven in one or some of the other lives, but not this one-life X
    Ah I didn’t think of that! That’s actually a good way to resolve the in-continuity, though a bit of an easy way out.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm a big Si Spurrier fan and the issue exceeded my expectations. I'm looking forward to what come next. I'm hoping Sister Lost sticks around. I agree with the other posters about Legion not being the Patchwork man. Although the Patchwork man's outfit is a step up for Legion.

I'm curious if Legion is gonna get any screentime with Proteus. There's a battle of the brothers trope that is demanding to be done with those two.
    I’ve got a feeling we will be seeing her again. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that only Kurt and the Doc can be around her without be violently ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's good to have the problems in the overreliance of the revival process and resulting cavalier attitude towards dying
    Good gawd I love words and thank you so so much for reminding of this one, Grunty.
    Cavalier. SUCH a good word and SO appropriate for this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Well we live in the tide pod era or lick the toilet seat era. So I mean its not too far off.

Yes I know death is way more extreme. But kids really latch on to stupid stuff.
    omg the TRUTH of this post. hahaha
    Truly. I feel there are a lot of themes and happenings going on in this era that have a lot of readers shook -- because its wrenching people out of their comfort zones -- and so we see a lot of "how could they??" and "this isn't right!" which is deeeeply fascinating since right and wrong are subjective concepts that vary from person to person. Fifty Shades of Morality vs Ethics ect etc.
    As unsettling as it may be to witness Pixie and company so casually dismissive of dying -- given the reality of their current existence and all the luxuries and assurances it affords it REALLY makes a lot of sense. Kurt is deeply unsettled. "This isn't right" but again, given everything happening around him the question truly does become "why not?"

I'm so very into the depths this title is going to mine. Who says comics can't be deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I’ve got a feeling we will be seeing her again. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that only Kurt and the Doc can be around her without be violently ill.
    That's probably true. I'm glad DJ popped up as he was a cool concept I wished they used more.

Kurt's dynamic with the younger x-men was fun and I'm hoping that continues in later issues.